Videos

Started by Dweller_Benthos, December 29, 2014, 06:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: PZ on January 14, 2015, 09:42:45 AM
I'm not being articulate enough in my question.  I'll try to be more clear with an example.

When I'm in FRAPS or on the console and am playing a game, the software keeps track of what I have already played so when I click the record button, the previous 30 seconds of game play in FRAPS, or up to the prior 15 or so minutes of game play on the console has already been recorded.

It's kind of like going back in time and you don't have to say to yourself "dang, I wish I would have recorded that"

I think it's already been answered, but yes, Shadowplay does loop recording, up to the limit you set, as I mentioned, I have mine at three minutes, so just a quick ALT+F10 will save the last three minutes of anything I was doing.

For what I need to do, Shadowplay does it, and is free, so no-brainer.

I saw this clip in the suggested clips on one of your videos, the OCD collector geek in me almost wants to buy this, if just for the map, lol.

Collector Geekgasm lol

And Stiku's video reminds me, anyone tried getting a kill (of anything) with the repair torch? I remember there was an achievement in FC3 for that, is it still possible to kill something with it in FC4?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

As far as I know, in FC4 you can only bring up the blowtorch when you stand close enough to a damaged vehicle to trigger the repair prompt. It's not something you can slip into one of your weapon slots and bring up at will.

I may be wrong, but I think that's the case.

PZ

What fragger wrote is what I have experienced - the torch only appears when repairing.  Might experiment to see if the torch will actually kill - that would be tough because you're forced to keep the torch open and no other weapon. Once you switch away from the torch, it is gone until the next repair.

@D_B - well, you are "the mapper", after all  :-()  It is too bad that they fold up the map so it has the creases in it

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, folded maps -- booooo.....

And at least on PC, you can bring up the repair torch at any time, on my setup, keybind is Y, that's how I repair the gyro-copter in the last video, as far as I've seen, no matter how damaged it gets, it never brings up the repair prompt, you have to do it manually. So, you should be able to walk around with it out at any time, and switch to a weapon as needed, I just have to remember to do it. If I succeed, video will follow.
D_B

nexor

I find the blowtorch prompt only appears when I'm close to a repairable vehicle, while I'm in the process of repairing the vehicle and I move the blowtorch away from the body of the vehicle the repair stops and the blowtorch. disappears.

OWGKID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcavo8OP9kE

Someone taking over an outpost with the repair tool  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-()

LEGACY

PZ

Had more general fun tonight - just free roaming doing outposts and assassination missions, as well as simply helping the locals.  A few videos under the recent activities playlist

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPs4S-ML8Nsk_QGZzb5PeSA

PS; that is hardcore repair tool action!

OWGKID

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-() :-()
LEGACY

fragger

Quote from: fragger on January 15, 2015, 06:48:40 AM
As far as I know, in FC4 you can only bring up the blowtorch when you stand close enough to a damaged vehicle to trigger the repair prompt. It's not something you can slip into one of your weapon slots and bring up at will.

I may be wrong, but I think that's the case.

I stand corrected :-()

It occurred to me after I posted that when you get out the repair tool, it stays in your hand afterwards until you switch to another weapon, and you could very possibly run around with it and torch bad guys. Evidently, you can do just that >:D

I also didn't know that you could key-bind the blowtorch. I must look more closely at the setup options in future ::)

nexor

mmmm I'll also look into that, thanks guys  :-X

Dweller_Benthos

I will definitely try to ruin some people's days with the torch from now on.
D_B

Art Blade

I burned live pesky animals to death with it. >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Here are a few videos that are from a below average skill level gamer
Spoiler
I love the 6P9, and using it while driving is lots of fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bezntvVPCus#ws
Spoiler
The SA-50 is truly an impressive weapon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8nYMcuJ8oE#ws
Spoiler
Spoiler
This will appeal to all who hate the eagles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9pMTqmTKfM#ws
Spoiler
Dang, that AMR s one powerful weapon!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5P9wFXeqZ0#ws
Spoiler
The AMR is a loud weapon, but oh so satisfying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKw09XbRzKE#ws

Binnatics

Nice videos PZ! Great shot on the eagle with the 6P9!! :-X

I like the funny comments of the guys in the last outpost you liberated with the AMR. "s#!t, the alarm is broken. It's sabotaged!" lol ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

What's your opinion of the AMR PZ?

PZ

lol, yes, the speech is much funnier than in FC3!

I like the AMR, nex, but I do love to go in relatively quiet with the SA-50  >:D

OWGKID

When the mod tools are available, we should try to re-arm the snipers with the SA-50 and the AMR >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
LEGACY

mandru

Make the enemy even more deadly?  I know some of you guys prefer to play the game at it's highest difficulty setting.  But...  ???

That's the gaming equivalent of an old Laurel and Hardy routine.  Ollie is holding a spike to be driven into the ground and Stan is wielding a mallet.  Then Ollie says "When I nod my head you hit it. "

It brings to mind the discussion we kicked around way back in FC2 about the camo upgrade being bright glow in the dark pink.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

nexor

Quote from: mandru on January 19, 2015, 06:48:34 AM
"When I nod my head you hit it. "[/color]

It brings to mind the discussion we kicked around way back in FC2 about the camo upgrade being bright glow in the dark pink.  :-D

:lol :lol

Makes me think of a video mrs nex and I watched a while ago, it was one of these "The dumbest Criminals" videos, After this guy robbed a drugstore or something he raced away in his car with a cop car on his tail, he was turning left and right from one street to another attempting to shake the cops, his only problem was he wasn't going to brake traffic rules, he was indicating everytime he turned into another street, the cops did catch up with him in the end 

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on January 18, 2015, 10:48:09 PMI do love to go in relatively quiet with the SA-50  >:D

Same here, that's a great rifle :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

The targets do exhibit great animations as they fly through the air when hit with an AMR round.  That alone makes it fun enough to carry two sniper weapons  >:D

nexor

Now that I reset the outposts and changed the difficulty level to hard I often carry the AMR and the Z93 (with silencer) together, there are more bad guys and I don't have enough ammo for just one rifle

fragger

I too like the SA-50 :-X

Stiku

SA-50 is best if you want mobility and speed when taking down something, someone, Art Blade. But it has its flaws, like the accuracy is sometimes WAY off, you got your crosshair right in the middle of someones onion and you press fire, and realise that you have missed, and that's when all h*ll breaks loose on the camps.  :D

Sidenote: Art is game to me, when I get bored out.

Tags:
🡱 🡳