FC4 PC cheats

Started by Art Blade, December 25, 2014, 02:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 29, 2014, 06:29:16 AM
I created a shortcut to the EXE and added the no intro clips command and it works fine. Still has to load Uplay a bit first, but not a big deal.

Dang, I should have read this first :D I stumbled across that solution myself and posted about it here (forgot this topic existed).

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on December 29, 2014, 08:04:19 AM
I am using the steam version which then relates to the u-play version. In other words, you have just one overlay while I have to use both.

Ah, still, you can use the Steam backup and restore feature, I presume?

So, when you want to play the game, you run Steam, click the game there, it runs Uplay and then runs the game? urrgghhhhhhh
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

that's true, D_B. Makes one want to puke, two overlays.. and yes, steam takes care of the updates. Actually, I had an update for Assassin's Creed Unity one day earlier through steam than Ubi released it for their customers through u-play. Stupid side effect: Version differed, no coop between steam and u-play users for one day..
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I don't know what to think of this double functionality. It Ubi's case, I wish they'd never tried. It has been annoying ever since it existed, and I prefer steam in many ways. But Rockstar's social club is okay with me. I don't mind them keeping scores and giving extra functionalities, like crews and everything. But it interferes less with steam functionality as Ubi-s Uplay does. Achievements will just pop up twice :-() and I think you can still use Steam to invite other friends to your lobby, something that won't w@&k with games using Uplay.
On the other hand, one single platform like steam that has monopoly would have pros and contras. I am glad GfWL is loosing the race (it was worthless after all) but if Steam grows too powerful that might have its downside :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

I used "GodMode 1" and the "IgnorePlayer 1" cheat enabled and went to Shanath Arena  >:D >:D >:D :-() :-()
LEGACY

nexor

Quote from: Art Blade on December 25, 2014, 02:47:29 AM
Go to HD:\users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\RandomGibberish\

open GamerProfile.xml (with notepad++ or some such)

find at the end of the xml file the line <GameProfile />

Edit it with any combination or all of the following cheats (they used to be called the same only starting with "GameProfile_" when we used them for the command line)

<GameProfile GodMode="1" UnlimitedAmmo="1" IgnorePlayer="1" />

Save the file.

Don't write-protect that file or your game will crash on saving from the menu, same when save+quit from menu. Just leave the file alone.

Don't cheat if you want to play online / coop, you'll never know -- they might catch you cheating and ban you or do whatever they think appropriate.

Just play the story offline from the menu and all is good.

Enjoy your game  ;)

Art, you say at the end of the xml file to find the line <GameProfile />
Mine shows </GamerProfile>  ????

Art Blade

what I said is a tad misleading, sorry about that. I meant "towards the end" and not "at the very end" so you are right, at the very end the file ends in "</GamerProfile>" but I said "find </GameProfile>" which is in that file, too.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I just edited the original post. :)

nexor

ok thanks Art, pardon me for not reading properly   :D :D

Art Blade

no worries, you helped me improve that tip thanks to your misunderstanding. Now it should be OK. :)

nexor

I have removed the skip intro cheat and tried the other cheats but they don't w@&k   :D

[smg id=7721 type=preview align=center caption="GameProfile"]

OWGKID

Quote from: nexor on February 02, 2015, 09:55:53 PM
I have removed the skip intro cheat and tried the other cheats but they don't w@&k   :D

[smg id=7721 type=preview align=center caption="GameProfile"]

You need to type them like this: GodMode="1" IgnorePlayer="1" and UnlimitedAmmo="1"
Did you try using caps? Sorry, that doesn't w@&k :angel: ;)
LEGACY

nexor

Thanks GKID, will modify and test  :-X

nexor

Nope, not working    :D

[smg id=7722 type=preview align=center caption="GameProfile2"]

OWGKID

Quote from: nexor on February 02, 2015, 11:27:41 PM
Nope, not working    :D

[smg id=7722 type=preview align=center caption="GameProfile2"]

Weird, it works for me ???? I only used GodMode and IgnorePlayer. Haven't played the game for a while so I'll check it out myself when I get home from school.
LEGACY

nexor

Thanks GKID, I've been busy with it since my first post, played around a bit with it also, no go  :D

OWGKID

Quote from: nexor on February 03, 2015, 01:10:09 AM
Thanks GKID, I've been busy with it since my first post, played around a bit with it also, no go  :D

If I remember correctly, the line looked like this when I entered those cheats.
<GameProfile GodMode="1" IgnorePlayer="1" />

Do you have a too wide space between the IgnorePlayer"1" and />? It looks like this in you picture: IgnorePlayer="1"  /> (Space pressed one extra time). Maybe it messes up the file that you added two spaces between the cheats rather than one. If that doesn't help I don't know what to do  :(
LEGACY

nexor

I will make double sure, will copy paste your version just to make sure.

Thank you once again, appreciate it  :-X

OWGKID

Thanks, and good luck :-D :-() :-() :-X
LEGACY

nexor

Still not working, I made double sure it's exactly like yours   :D
Have to wait till there's another cheat out  :-\\

fragger

Do you play online or offline, nex? I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I don't think it should make any difference, but it is Ubi...

I had probs as well. I got the cheats to w@&k when I co-oppped with Art, but when I tried to turn the cheats off again later I couldn't get rid of unlimited ammo. God mode and ignore player went away, but not infinite ammo. I had to start a whole new game to get rid of it.

mandru

If using the modified code to play off line can it be restored to the original code to allow coop?  Or is that too big of a risk to take?
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

OWGKID

Quote from: nexor on February 03, 2015, 05:19:05 AM
Still not working, I made double sure it's exactly like yours   :D
Have to wait till there's another cheat out  :-\\

Hmm I have no clue then  :(
LEGACY

OWGKID

Quote from: mandru on February 03, 2015, 07:24:45 AM
If using the modified code to play off line can it be restored to the original code to allow coop?  Or is that too big of a risk to take?

I remember that the file REMOVED the cheats when I quitted Far Cry 4. Didn't use the infinite ammo, but I used the IgnorePlayer and GodMode cheats. Had to re-write them before I launched the game.
LEGACY

PZ

Quote from: GKID7891 on February 03, 2015, 08:03:43 AM
I remember that the file REMOVED the cheats when I quitted Far Cry 4. Didn't use the infinite ammo, but I used the IgnorePlayer and GodMode cheats. Had to re-write them before I launched the game.

Fascinating. Easiest way to invoke cheats would be to keep a modified file on hand and then simply copy it over the original.  Could keep it on the desktop with a link into the game folder and simply do a copy into that folder.  When you're done and FC4 "fixes" the profile all is good for the next go around

Tags:
🡱 🡳