Kyrat Fashion Week Mission Guide

Started by fragger, January 27, 2015, 09:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

fragger

I'm in a new playthrough, so I'll start verifying the Fashion Week locations on the list by adding "OWG verified" to each one I check, as PZ suggested. Done one already.

Btw, the listed co-ordinates mark the locations of the mission acceptance points (marked with elephant-head icons on the map), not the actual mission locations nor the outposts they're associated with. You don't really need these co-ords - it's probably easier to just hover the pointer over the outpost icons on the map to see which outpost is which. If you've liberated an outpost that has a Fashion Week mission, you'll see the elephant-head icon there anyway. But I thought I'd include the co-ords - what the heck :)

PZ

Nice w@&k fragger  :-X

This wil definitely be my reference point because I have resisted doing the missions so far due to lack of prior knowledge of which weapon to bring.  It seems that most of the weapons provided will only lead to a sense of frustration as you are killed time and again.  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

When not knowing what weapon to bring for some of the assigned weapon missions I've found that when the supplied weapon type is not as powerful as one I already own I exit the mission.  By resetting it will typically return me to the nearby outpost where the mission originated so I can load myself up with the better weapon as well any tools to deal with other incidental wildlife that may intrude on the mission.

I know that's time consuming but then for me I think nothing of spending five or ten minutes tagging and watching from deep cover the patterns of movements of Min's troops within an outpost planning out where and when to apply silent take downs and where to stash the bodies.  :)

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

:)

Maybe I'm going to state the obvious but who knows. When I take out a nest of enemies, I first take out their spotters (snipers) and then the lone wolves (single or double patrols that cannot be seen by the remaining lot) and then whatever could be fast and dangerous (those hunter types that may summon animals) so the few remaining guys are the slow ones (heavies) you may want to make fun of by tossing C-4 at.  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on February 04, 2015, 10:04:14 AM

Maybe I'm going to state the obvious but who knows. When I take out a nest of enemies, I first take out their spotters (snipers) and then the lone wolves (single or double patrols that cannot be seen by the remaining lot) and then whatever could be fast and dangerous (those hunter types that may summon animals) so the few remaining guys are the slow ones (heavies) you may want to make fun of by tossing C-4 at.  >:D

I do much the same, but use take down on the heavies because I like it up close and personal  >:D

nexor

Yes me too PZ, just because they so darn arrogant  :-D
And they have the cheek to call me an arrogant ba$t@rd a few times already   \:/
once was when I lured them out of the post then snucked in from behind and blasted them with their own mortar   >:D  :angel:

mandru

Once I've noted a heavy's patrol route I enjoy placing a landmine right where he'll trip over it.

Their agonized death yell is particularly satisfying.  >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Good one nex, and nice technoque, mandru - will have to try.  I hardly ever use explosives (always forget)

One of my favorite lines is "This is gonna hurt!" just as I'm training the buzzsaw on them

Art Blade

yep, heard that one before they croaked, too :-D

fragger

OK, all South Kyrat Fashion Week missions have been verified - and in one instance, corrected (Shanath Breeders / Karkadann Rhino mission). The Rupee and XP rewards info there was incorrect - it has now been rectified. I have also altered the co-ords for all South Kyrat missions as they didn't gel with my own results. The new co-ords have been acquired from where I was standing, right in front of the tables where the missions are offered. They were close for the most part, but in a couple of instances were quite a bit off.

Just as well I've been checking them out. Just as some of you guys have said, you can't always trust what's on the net, even if the same info comes from different sources.

I'll check all the North Kyrat mishes when I get there (got the story of the south to get through first...)

Note: I don't know whether the Rupee and XP rewards differ between difficulty levels. I can't imagine they would, but for the record, all the info in the list pertains to Easy mode (OK, so I'm an Easy mode wuss - wanna make something of it...?)

PZ

Nice w@&k, fragger, +1  :-X

I'm an easy kind of guy as well - my favorite way to casually play a game  :-()

Art Blade

good job, fragger :) and, take it easy  :-()

fragger

fragger

OK, all Fashion Week info has been verified, it should now be correct. Many of them had different co-ordinates than mine, and some had incorrect XP and Rupee reward info (unless, as I said earlier, it varies between difficulty levels).

The last one, to defeat Thick Skin the elephant, I tried using a flaming arrow and got a fail for not using a "fire weapon" (silly me, I thought a flaming arrow was a fire weapon). I didn't even kill him with it - as soon as the first arrow hit him I immediately got failed. After restarting the mish I tried throwing molotovs at him and he caught fire briefly, but it also made him run away and as I was too chicken to get down off the roof of the building to go after him, I used up all my molotovs trying to get them to land on him at long range. A few did, but not enough to bring him down. I didn't get any fail messages for using molotovs however, so maybe you can get him with those.

I still think the best approach is to use the flamethrower from the roof of the building while Thick Skin is chasing the locals around it. If he kills the civvies and then gets too far away from the building to reach with the flamethrower, you can lure him back by throwing rocks.

PZ

Excellent w@&k, fragger!

I did the elephant with the flamethrower, and kept dodging around the wooden scaffold, hitting him with bursts of flame.  He dd not touch me even once

nexor

My head's still aching from all the head butts    ::)

fragger

PZ

Excellent instructions, fragger  :-X

One evening and I had the entire series done with no fuss.

On the Dhole mission where you use the bow - I sat atop an elephant and was out of reach of those pesky dogs.  Simple matter to pick them all off  >:D

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳