FC4 PC cheats

Started by Art Blade, December 25, 2014, 02:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

So they changed the rules. No more command line parameters and only a few of the old FC2/FC3 cheats remain.

Go to HD:\users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\RandomGibberish\

open GamerProfile.xml (with notepad++ or some such)

find somewhere towards the end of the xml file the line <GameProfile /> (without "r" so it is NOT </GamerProfile>)

Edit it with any combination or all of the following cheats (they used to be called the same only starting with "GameProfile_" when we used them for the command line)

<GameProfile GodMode="1" UnlimitedAmmo="1" IgnorePlayer="1" />

Save the file.

Don't write-protect that file or your game will crash on saving from the menu, same when save+quit from menu. Just leave the file alone.

Don't cheat if you want to play online / coop, you'll never know -- they might catch you cheating and ban you or do whatever they think appropriate.

Just play the story offline from the menu and all is good.

Enjoy your game  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

fragger

Well done my friend +1 :-X :)

nexor

I tried "UnlimitedAmmo" with no luck   :D
What I did find though, is how to skip the intro, and It works
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/27/skip-far-cry-4s-unskippable-launch-animations/

Art Blade

Thanks guys :)

nexor, unlimited ammo works. version 1.5.0 of FC4.

I don't know what you did but try to copy and paste the line there into your xml just as it is -- it is a copy straight from my xml.

Your link basically shows that the previous "skipintromovies" has been pruned to skipintro so we should be able to add that into that line, too. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

By the way, it is entirely possible that the game overrides the GamerProfile.xml so you should be ready to redo it.

I tried the skipintro command in the gamerprofile but that didn't w@&k.

nexor

Ok' I can only comment on my version

For Steam versions

Spoiler
If you bought the game via Steam, it's as easy as a pre-bought pie. Find the game in your library, right click on it, and hit Properties. In the box that pops up is an option for "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS". Click that, and in the field that appears, put in "-skipintro" (without quotes, and no space). Now, when you launch the game either from Steam, or from the not-actually-a-proper-shortcut it put on your desktop, the game will jump straight to its options screen

And for users who bought the disks, this one works, I'm using it

Spoiler

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 4\bin\FarCry4.exe" -skipintro

If it doesn't w@&k still, try "-skip intro 1″.

fragger

Oddly, I too bought the disks but that's not where my FarCry4.exe is located. On my PC it's:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\FarCry4\bin\FarCry4.exe

There is a Ubisoft Game Launcher folder inside the Ubisoft folder but there is no "Games" folder in there. Only folders in there are:

cache
data
locales
logs
savegames

I'll try the code on my .exe anyway and see what happens. Cheers nex :)

fragger

No dice. The FarCry4.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\FarCry4\bin folder doesn't appear to have anything to do with launching the game. There is no "Shortcut" tab under Properties and hence no "Target" option.

I have no "Games" folder at all in my Ubisoft Game Launcher folder.

????

nexor

[smg id=7562 type=preview align=center caption="Untitled"]

This is what mine looks like fragger

Art Blade

The -skipintro 1 works now for me when I use it with steam in FC4's properties  :laugh: :-X

nexor, +1 :-X ^-^

oddly enough, the other cheats don't. I need to edit the xml for that matter. ???? :)

Art Blade

nexor, since the skipintro works for you and the unlimited ammo doesn't, I have an idea: please try whether or not it helps if you replace (just to find out) your SkipIntro with that UnlimitedAmmo 1

I guess it will w@&k.

fragger

Thanks nex :) Yep, that's what I see too, and in the same directory path. However, when I bring up Properties for FarCry4.exe, there is no provision that I can see for inserting the command line option, i.e. no "Shortcut" tab which is where the "Target" (command line) option is normally found. Maybe I have some Windows setting elsewhere that's preventing me from seeing it (although I see Shortcut and Target options in the Properties windows for other software titles).

It's no big deal. The opening splashes are a tad annoying but I can live with them. And I probably won't bother with the cheats since I don't think I'll be playing this game very much after the current playthrough, except maybe just to dip into it from time to time.

Cheers anyway :-X

nexor

You're welcome fragger mate, sorry it's not working for you.

I think there's another way of doing it Art, just like it was done in FarCry 2, just with the skipintro and unlimitedammo

Spoiler
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2\bin\FarCry2.exe" -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedAmmo 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedReliability 1 -GameProfile_AllWeaponsUnlock 1

Art Blade

nexor I tried that and it didn't w@&k, that's why I came up with this topic and the way I posted it in the intro post, it does w@&k for me.

I was more under the impression that you wanted to get unlimited ammo but said that it didn't w@&k for you.. that is why I have been trying to figure out for you what to do to get it working.

nexor

I was hoping to get the unlimitedammo to w@&k, but it's not really much a mission, thanks Art, at least the intro got sorted, for some of us anyway  :-X

Art Blade

:)

by the way, in case you tried the cheats AND started the game "online" -- that might have prevented them. Instead try the in-game "offline" option to continue your game.

If you did and it doesn't w@&k, my suspicion is that the command line parameter only allows ONE command (in your case, -skipintro 1) so that is why I suggested to replace it with "-UnlimitedAmmo 1"

Also, capital letters may play a role. Some programs parse the command line expecting an exact spelling, so there is a difference between UnlimitedAmmo and unlimitedammo.

Don't give up  :-()

nexor

Thanks, I'll play around with it

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Quote from: Art Blade on December 25, 2014, 02:47:29 AM

find at the end of the xml file the line <GameProfile />

And <GameProfile /> tag is for me at line 26, not the end of the file, at the end of the file is a <GamerProfile /> tag which is the incorrect one.
So there is a huge difference what is replaced and where.

nexor

You right on that one Stiku, I also picket that up and wondered about it
This "GamerProfile.xml" file seems like it's basically each individual gamer's in-game settings and nothing else

Art Blade

Quote from: Stiku on December 27, 2014, 08:35:27 AM
And <GameProfile /> tag is for me at line 26, not the end of the file, at the end of the file is a <GamerProfile /> tag which is the incorrect one.
So there is a huge difference what is replaced and where.

I said "find." Obviously you found it. And you didn't find it at the beginning. Now that you mention "the correct one," it is a little misleading. The tip in this topic is to edit the <GameProfile /> tag which is the correct one to edit. It doesn't belong here that the last tag in the file is <GamerProfile />.

However, I think the message is,

"be careful not to edit any <GamerProfile /> tag because it has to be the <GameProfile /> tag."

Dweller_Benthos

I created a shortcut to the EXE and added the no intro clips command and it works fine. Still has to load Uplay a bit first, but not a big deal.

Honestly, if I had known there was a Steam version, I would have gone that route and cut out Uplay completely. Thing is, I like to buy physical media, I'm just weird that way. But the benefits of doing that are decreasing every minute, with the fact that after installing 3 or 4 DVDs of game data, you still have to download over a gigabyte of data makes getting the discs pointless in the first place.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I am using the steam version which then relates to the u-play version. In other words, you have just one overlay while I have to use both.

Tags:
🡱 🡳