New patch? New features to all game modes, looks like

Started by Dweller_Benthos, February 18, 2013, 05:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Jim di Griz

Mmmm, patches...

Nice find there. It seems that they are listening, despite the active crowd of howling malcontents on their forums who would've driven most game devs to shutting up shop for good.

There again, I haven't been on the Ubi forums for quite some time now - couldn't stand the level of stupidity being applauded there (a peril of being an ex-customer service worker for close to ten years - you develop an allergy for bullshit just like Will Smith did in I Robot.)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mandru

I would have preferred a list of outposts and the option of selecting which ones I'd like to reset.  :-\\

While most of the outposts were a fun challenge there were a few of them that gave me fits getting them cleared (even though they proved to be valuable fast travel destinations) that I don't really look forward to retaking.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

thanks D_B :)

strange that they now talk about implementing new features and not about fixing bugs (first). And I'm not sure the choices are good, for instance idle players in online games get kicked after say three minutes and now they want to remove that rather than adding a VOTE menu that enables kicking players. Or, why not give us more customisation options for weapons in SP? In MP, you have an incredible amount of different stuff for customisation.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I'd like to see more weapon choices. There are too many that have no options at all. Or, just being able to add more of the ones that are already there. Once you beat the game, you should be able to pile on all the options a weapon has. Well, some of them are mutually exclusive, like the different types of sights/scopes, but I know there's at least one where you can only put on two, but I'd really like three of the choices. I think it's the sniper rifle (forget which one) where you have to choose between silencer, extended scope/range and bigger magazine. I know there are mods to do that, maybe I'll look into those if I do a second run.
D_B

Binnatics

I think it would have been nice if they added more option of choice considering MP. I'd like to be able to view for myself which game has the best possible ping and choose it manually from a list. Also, I'd like to be able to choose between joining a lobby or a running game and which map and/or gametype is involved. That would immensely contribute to my MP fun, and to a lot of others a swell. The 'host migration' issues and the horrible lagging are so bad that most of the time the game is almost unplayable or simply super-unfair.
For SP, a new difficulty setting is great. For the real challenge :-()
I agree on the weapon options. I'd like to be able to transfer the MP obtained customizations to SP, or for those who can't or won't play MP, the same variety of options indeed. The 'signature weapon' choice is by far not reaching the abilities available in MP, and sort of replaces these options imo. ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

The modifications available in MP/COOP exceed any SP weapon stats. Plus, even the base values are completely different. Let's take a look at the AK47.. "poor" at best when checking SP, "impressive" when checking MP. And then you add mods that don't even exist in SP (such as "hot rounds" or special barrels) that kick the stats up a couple of notches.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Indeed there's many differences. And I think some guns are too overpowered in MP. For example the SMG's. With hipfire auto-aim functionality it's so devastating that it can't be beaten by any other gun. And an SMG or AR with 'hot rounds' gives such a blast from a single shot that it's absolutely useless to carry a sniper with you. The sniper, with its slow aiming and big scope, only slows you down. And I have the idea that the AR also has some sort of auto-aim functionality at long range, which makes it act like a sniper to others.
Handguns also use auto-aim with hipfire, making it a very effective weapon at close range. Even the 6P9, which is completely useless if you use it with 'hand-aim', gave me "most kills" and "most headshots" (60) in a single coop playthrough. That's far from realistic, but hey, as long as I win the challenge :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Here's the link for PC users who don't have Steam version.

http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/far_cry_3/farcry3_1.05.exe

Even though they don't have a link for it yet on the support page. Not sure if I want to apply it or not, I'm kinda used the using the ESC trick for infinite ammo.
D_B

Art Blade

the patch mostly fixes MP things, and for SP it adds an additional difficulty level called "Master (very hard)" as well as the option to reset all outposts at once if and when you played through the game. Which can be achieved by different mods, too, so if you choose to use those mods you're probably better off if you don't update your game.

mandru

I'm not sure if this is the result of recent patches but I think so.  :-\\

When we were able to use the ESC Key for infinite reload of the current clip in play I could assign both the Signature sniper (AMR?) with the explosive rounds and the silenced sniper and receive 30 rounds for each.  I liked going to the sewage treatment plant and raining havoc on the respawning pirates there but the bug fix has fouled up the total round count when more than one sniper rifle is loaded.

I was thinking that since the reload bug had been squashed I would take both of the standard snipers (the dragonuv and the silenced) as well as the AMR with the sig Bull shotty for personal defense but as I was using them I realized that both the Dragonuv and the AMR only had 10 rounds each instead of the standard load out of 30 rounds.  That's only one clip for the AMR and 40 rounds reduced per total carry!  :D

Only the silenced sniper maintained its full compliment of 30 rounds.  UBI fixed one bug by creating another so that instead of raining havock my trips to the sewage treatment plant have become more like a mild sprinkling.  :(
- mandru

Art Blade

Last time I checked I only had one sniper rifle at the time. I'm quite sure that both AMR and Z93 showed 30 rounds in the lower right corner of the screen plus I carried what was in the rifle. Early on (prior to the patch) I noticed that weapons of the same type, e.g. two assault rifles or two sniper rifles, did share the ammo one was carrying. I'll have to check if two snipers at the time are screwing up the ammo now.

TheStranger

All weapon classes share their respective ammo. So all sniper rifles and all assault rifles would share the ammo for example.

Binnatics

I also noticed the sharing of ammo when carrying more than one of a specific class. But what you describe as a result of the new patch is new to me. I'll check it out.  ????

mandru

It's only since we lost the magazine refill buy hitting ESC bug that I've sought out a way to carry more sniper variants.  Maybe it's because of the explosive rounds for the AMR but when it's just the load out with the AMR and the Z93 I get 30 rounds each.

But adding the Dragonuv cuts just the AMR and itself to 10 rounds each while the Z93 keeps the full 30 rounds.
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳