Started by JRD, November 06, 2012, 04:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

We're going to spend lots and lots of time on this game  >:D

mandru

:o What PZ said!

In that vid clip I found it interesting (completely aside from all the cool action and scenery) that there was a small white icon in the lower right of the screen that shows the player when they are in the crouched position.  It may distract a bit from the total immersion feel that most of us love in FC2 but I can't tell you how many times I've been in a tense situation in FC2 and popped up like a gopher from behind my cover because I didn't realize I was already crouched.  :-[
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

Well, immerion is something I already gave up in FC3  :-\\

If I can toggle all HUD off maybe I will but there's still the fact that if the game wasn't meant to be played without any HUD it may be quite a dumb idea to do so!!!  :(

PZ

I have to agree that the HUD-less screen of FC2 was really nice, and I hope you have a measure of control in FC3.  We'll soon see!

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool. In the PC Gamer review, they were talking about spending a bit of time hunting and collecting various plants to make your own gear upgrades and med packs.

Since there's an on-screen map, there may be no need for external maps like I did for FC2. Plus, I don't see me having that amount of time to w@&k on a huge map set like that again. It would mostly depend on how easily it is to get the information, and if the game's graphic files can be extracted like they were in FC2.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I thought I saw in one of the videos where the player opened a map similar to what we experienced in FC2, but I could be mistaken; I've looked at quite a few videos.

Jim di Griz

Quote from: PZ on November 08, 2012, 08:52:54 AM
...I've looked at quite a few videos.
:laugh: really?

Yeah, it is all a bit of an overload, though the offerings have slowed down now that release is almost here. I think maybe they threw those extra ones out there due to the delay.

I'm hoping for a disable hud option too, and the enemy tags...and the enemy tags....and the enemy....(oops, broken record  ^-^)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

:laugh:

Well, even if we can't prevent HUD I'll still likely enjoy the game because there are so many other elements that are reminiscent of my beloved FC2  ^-^

I do wish they had stayed in Africa though; I personally like dry desert more wet jungle.  :-()

JRD

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on November 08, 2012, 08:47:02 AM
Since there's an on-screen map, there may be no need for external maps like I did for FC2. Plus, I don't see me having that amount of time to w@&k on a huge map set like that again. It would mostly depend on how easily it is to get the information, and if the game's graphic files can be extracted like they were in FC2.

Nanananananana... no excuses D_B... we want nothing but the best... these maps must surpass your previous w@&k my friend.  ;D

Dweller_Benthos

Well, my last post got eaten when the site stopped responding. So, to paraphrase, if it's at all easy to do maps for FC3, and the graphics can be extracted, I'll see what I can do.

As for the enemy tags on the HUD, the PC Gamer article said you have to get out your camera and take a picture of the area you want scanned, and somehow that will place enemy markers on the map and give you xray vision in the game to see where they are. My understanding is if you don't take the picture, the markers won't appear. That is pretty much the same way it worked in FC1, where you scanned an area with the binoculars and enemy targets got marked for you.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳