Art and Stranger exploring a co-op level

Started by TheStranger, March 19, 2013, 10:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

So we were playing jailbreak on co-op the last weekend and after the grenade launcher competition we got stuck with the grenade launcher in our hands and no enemies were spawning in the level. Art told me that this is a bug so we decided to take a look around the level. I think we were exploring for about an hour, because they made the co-op maps gigantic. We came to a big mountain on the other side of the map but look for yourself:

[smg id=5709]

Notice the flying trees. There the actual co-op action takes place, but it's already too far away:
[smg id=5710]

[smg id=5711]

[smg id=5712]

[smg id=5713]

[smg id=5714]

[smg id=5715]

After Art had a little accident  :-D I decided to go diving. And even there the bottom of the see was not flat. What a waste of resources actually.
[smg id=5716]

[smg id=5717]

Art Blade

:-D

[smg id=5719 type=preview align=center caption="2013 03 17 00030"]
[smg id=5720 type=preview align=center caption="2013 03 17 00032"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

No, why? - besides, in coop you can't kill fellow crew members even if you wanted to. :)

edit: maybe because he's drowning? I slipped first and broke my neck. In order to get the game to restart, he had to kill himself. Unfortunately, even that was bugged so we had to actually abandon the session.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Hehe yes. And the level borders are marked on the minimap if there is unexplored territory you can't swim there, because of hidden walls.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 19, 2013, 02:22:44 PM
No, why? ...

Only because in the second image you seem to be pointing your grenade launcher at him, getting ready to fire.  :angel:

Art Blade

hehe, I see  :laugh: actually, I didn't have any option (as in, no knife or other weapon to switch to) but wanted him to be in the picture.. so I had no other choice than to "aim" at him  :)

TheStranger

Btw. I made my screenshots with "Print Screen" so there is (obviously) no hud in there. Maybe I start up Fraps next time.

But I find it fascinating that the maps are so huge - I mean the playable area was in a completely other part of the map and this huge mountain was on a peninsula - and nobody can see the mountain from the playable area. Strange, strange, strange or just Ubisoft.

At least they could have made an easteregg ;)

Art Blade

indeed. It occurred to me that those comparatively long loading times between missions could have been significantly shorter if they had chopped the map down to what is actually accessible plus a little bit of background. Plain stupid to load a continent if all we get to see is a city.

Binnatics

^-^ :-X

Kudo for the post The_Stranger. Interesting find. I was exploring like that once, in a same buggy situation. But it was another chapter. It was the one where you have to fire rockets at the artillery ship in the bay. I managed to swim to the other end of the water, but that turned out to be the start of the chapter. No 'wasted space' in that level. Very weird indeed ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳