Chicken on-a-bridge: Assault Truck vs Civ car.

Started by tehsam016, June 22, 2009, 09:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehsam016

Long story short: Car won xD

I was on my way to a assassination blimp but along the way I had to drive through a small enemy guard post, followed by a small bridge. Well I made it through the guard post fine and dandy but much to my surprise when I got on the bridge there was a civilian car approaching full speed from the other side so i thought, "F- it, i'll just ram him while trying to go left a little (since I had a assault truck), but my plan didn't w@&k out. The merc in the car must have had balls of steal cause he hit me straight on making me bust through the guard rails which sent me flipping down into the shallow river below making me run the rest of the way to the radio tower while getting shot in the arse.  :-[

spaceboy

Great story tehsam016.  I love stuff like that.  I remember being surprised similarly when I crashed through a bridge railing.  I was trying to run over a merc walking along there (shooting at me) and couldn't correct myself in time - went in for a swim just like you.    I like that you can dive underwater to avoid gunfire...

And welcome to the forums.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

welcome to OWG, tehsam016  :) Nice start, just posting away with a funny story, that's how we like it here  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Haha thanks, there really isn't a play session w/o at least one funny moment, guess thats what has me coming back/made me join these forums. Thanks for the greetings as well  ;D, seems like a really cool community. Unfortunately though from most the posts i've read it doesn't seem a lot have the same version of the game i'm running(360), but the multiplayer isn't the greatest anyway even though I have one pretty decent (at least i think) map published called Flight of the Fight.

Art Blade

yeah, a pity we can't have a mixed MP across platforms. But the bright side is, we all have the same SP stuff in FC2 :)

Great to have you with us now, and indeed this is a special place on the net. Keep posting, that's the best part of the game, reading other member's experiences and stories  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Those bridges can be a blessing or a curse - when you want to hit a weapons convoy, it is easy to park your vehicle on the bridge to cause the entire convoy to become bottle-necked - like shooting fish in a barrel.  You can even steal the big truck if you like.  The down side is when you become trapped between a merc in front and one behind, much as you described - the ensuing fire fight can be quite intense.

... and echoing the other members, welcome to the forum, tehsam016 - looking forward to your experiences.  As most of us have come to realize, there is something new to experience every session, and don't worry if you post something that someone else might have posted before - we all like the reminder reads!  :-X

retiredgord

Some of those Datsuns must have steroid gas.  I tried the same thing a couple of times after leaving Mike's at the Marina and those little fart cars push me sideways or turn me half way around. Guess I'll hafta "talk" to them about their road rage with the seniors.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

lol, good one, Gord - I had one of those Datsuns spin my Unimog around, if you can believe that one... but I got even with him - an ATP came up behind us, the gunner dismounted and gunned down the Datsun
dummy as soon as he exited his car.... what a dummy...

Art Blade

Yeah, they drive civilian cars in a very uncivilised manner, don't they. I once got flipped on the side by a Datsun driving at and under my AT. First I lectured him and then I shot him in the face by way of intimidation.  ;D

[smg id=187]

tehsam016

Lol very nice. It's weird, but more often than none when i'm just driving around cautiously in w/e vehicle and see another vehicle driving around slowly (usually towards me), they usually then stop, turn around and drive off as if they saw me and were like "F--- This!"  ;D, but not if i'm really close to em.

Art Blade

Not sure, but that sounds like you saw a patrol getting to its (re)turn point of the route and I think they didn't spot you. It then does look like they try to get the hell out and away from you, though :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳