Playing with mercs: assault truck

Started by PZ, April 19, 2009, 12:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

In the spirit of creating new funny FC2 moments, I thought that I'd start a thread where we can describe how we tease the mercs.  Here's the first installment:

Most of you know the two guys standing by their assault truck on the side of the road in the northwest region of Bowa (sort of between the bus stop and the armory).  My usual routine is to run them over as I travel down that road.  Not this morning though - I ran over one of them so that they could not gun me down and took off - sure enough the remaining merc got in and started giving chase.  I stomped on the brakes and he hit me in the rear, white smoking his engine.  Laughing, I dove further as he tried to mount his gun - did this repeatedly until I reached the bus stop each time laughing a bit harder until I almost couldn't hold onto my controller.  Trying to clear the tears of laughter, I back track tracked toward the armory and looked back at him - he was sitting in his truck right behind me and I thought for a moment that he'd given up!  nah... just then he hopped back up to the gun and I sped away.  He finally got my engine (black smoke) so I stopped and ran toward a small hill with him giving chase.  I circled the hill and ran to his truck, stealing it - man he was pissed...  [suckered again, poodle, suckered again...]

Art Blade

What you did is really funny  :D And, man, how bloody elaborate! Excellent.

What I sometimes do is attract the gren truck patrolling near Dogon Village and lead him to the GP with the Carl G Rocket Launcher (see pic), and if everything works out, the GP blows up the gren truck instead of me :)

[smg id=113]

On a sidenote, if you find the pic useful for the main page map, feel free to use it there

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks Art,
What a great idea; I'm going to try that one myself!  Another funny thing is that I already posted a comment on your pic stating that this would be a good addition to the maps  :)

Art Blade

hehe, good team here :)

I tried baiting mercs a couple of times, or more precise, I tried to fool rocket launching mercs to blow up their own stuff, that includes merc trucks chasing me :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

haha, that reminds me - there is a RPG merc in Sepoko, and he is in the middle of many obstacles.  From my sniper perch on the west end of town, it is relatively easy to sucker him into trying to send a rocket my way.  He inevitably manages to hit something close to his position, vaporzing himself and a few of his comrades.

As an aside, I'm really beginning to enjoy this new layer of fun in the game - rather than trying to kill everyone in such a serious manner, I'm beginning to find ways to eliminate my foes in a humorous way.  What makes it even funnier is that the mercs take it so much more serious than I do.  My wife is going to think that I'm going crazy - laughing while I play a FPS!

Tags:
🡱 🡳