Weapons dealer missions using AS50

Started by PZ, June 04, 2009, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

What if you are on a weapons dealer mission (convoy mission) and you don't have explosives, but you do have a sniper rifle? The answer is to find a narrow constriction in the road and use your vehicle to block the convoy.  Hide behind your vehicle as cover:
[smg id=721]
Be sure to watch your map to ensure that you're ready when the convoy arrives
[smg id=722]
Hit the engine with several .50 rounds from the big sniper (or snipe the driver)
[smg id=723]
A few AS50 rounds and the black smoke appears
[smg id=724]
Then it is only a matter of moments until flames
[smg id=725]
... and when flames appear...mission over...
[smg id=726]

Art Blade

that is awesome  ;D :-X and cool pics, PZ  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Actually, I've had the mission accomplished show up just when the black smoke appears, so I ran over and repaired the truck and could drive it around, and go on to get another mission. If you wanted, you could use that truck (or any other big truck) to block the road with since it covers more area.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

retiredgord

Great Idea D_B. It'll be fun for some of us to try this and see the net results.  Gotta get an AS50 next time I'm at the Merc Walmart..eerrrr gunshop.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

I did that same convoy mission with my AS50 too... but my story is rather different

I was on the safehouse SE of this sector and didn't want to go down....... you know, having breakfast, on my pijamas, all the way down and back again... lazy ba$t@rd, I know.
Anyway, had my RPG with me, so I was just waiting for the convoy to show up on the road from the west, you can see it coming from quite far.
Shot one rocket only to see it falling to the ground way before hitting the truck. "Too far" I thought. So I wait till it gets past the GP by the wooden bridge. Another rocket, another fail. And it was as close as it can be from my position.
To the east, up the road I got another good shot... again, the damn rocket hit the ground way before it can hit the truck.
Out of rockets and dissapointed, I waited for another round, got my AS50 and shot the truck, in movement, till it smokes.
Mission accomplished..... back to breakfast.  ;D

In short....... RPGs are useless from mid to long range  :(, better off with my horsekick AS50
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I'm usually too far away (sniper rifle = long range gun) to be able to run to the truck for repairs... LOL

I remember that convoy that is east of the airfield in Bowa. For some reasons, every time I do that mission, the convoy stops at the river bank on the other side of that area so I can't see them. Last time I used my GL truck for a change. I was far away, aimed high, shot the grenade in a high arc towards the hidden convoy, and BLAM... mission accompished. I didn't even bother to check if the truck could be repaired. Will keep that in mind next time though :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳