Farcry 2 Puzzle Missions Part I

Started by DKM2, April 05, 2009, 04:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKM2

Farcry 2 Puzzle Missions Part I

revised link on new site:   http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile;id=2

Farcry 2 easter egg hunt, this sends you on little missions around the map.
See the sights, answer a few questiions and interact with the locals.
Also adds a secret message after finishing the main puzzle.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

spaceboy

Wow, that's ingenious DKM2. Thanks for putting it together.  I just printed it and can't wait to get started. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

DKM2... now I konow what you
are talking about...
Yes, I'm looking at it right now...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

DKM2

Let me know how it goes, since I can't really play it myself.
But it was fun trying to find unique stuff around the map.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

DKM2

Quote from: PZ on April 06, 2009, 08:29:30 AM
What??? you can't play?

LOL, well I know all the answers.
I admit, I may have been slightly impaired while making them up though.  ;D

JRD

Don't get it.......you can't play??

spaceboy

What are you guys smoking today? lol

He can't play the game he made because he made the questions and answers - he knows them already. 

JRD

Hhahahahahahaha :P
of course :P.... huahuahauhaahauahuahusuhahDDVNçlg asçlfgargjgjqgj :P

PZ

I see said the blind man...

Of course, in my case, I could make up a game like that, wait a week or so and then play it as if I had never seen it!   ;D

spaceboy

Started it last night and I love it.  You know I've never been to Goka Falls HQ before?  I've been to the hut at the bottom of the falls and all but I never realized the HQ was up there (I should have studied D_Bs maps better I guess).   Then I was wildly amazed you could follow the trail back down to near the cell tower.  Even after 6 months this game still has new stuff to offer me.

Thanks for creating this puzzle DKM2, it's a whole new way to enjoy FC2. I should have videod my storming of the fort (since I wasn't working to save the game - I just drove my truck straight through the entrance, shot a grenade and the whole place went up in flames and explosions)  afterwards, I had to sift through the rubble to find the clue....

Can't wait to get back to it.

I'm a little perplexed about "basement of Mike's bar" but I'll get it.

DKM2

Glad your having fun with it.
One of the things I wanted to do was give people a reason to go back to some places.

Part 2 will be in the South, but I haven't started it yet.
I'm just trying to see if there's any way I could make better.

PZ

Well, this is a cool way to do your own home-grown missions.  I'll bet that there are many places in the FC2 world that are just spectacular places to visit, and even those of us that have played through more than once could benefit from the new experiences.  Might not be a bad idea to post them and perhaps DKM2 could incorporate a few into his mission puzzles (if he is willing and has the time that is).

DKM2

Hey, that's a great idea.
It might be better if people PM me any interesting locations or stuff, so people don't see the answers. I'll check'm out and if I can think up a question for it I'll included it.

JRD

You're right DKM2...
We could send you pics by PM and you can create a "Where is this place?" kind of game...

spaceboy

DKM2,

You're killing me with "fertilizer ingredients at OGC" I walked all over the place and can't find what your talking about.  Is it something I should remember from an in-game conversation?  I barely remember real-life conversations hahaha.

Any hint you can give me?  I looked at bags on the ground, signage, walked through the greenhouses, scouted the outer building and guard post. 

I know I'm not totaly observant but you've got me stumped on this one.

DKM2

three words I think... I don't have it with me right now thou. (I PM'd a hint for you)

Hows everybody finding it, hard, easy, worth it, etc?
I got about half way through part 2 so far, so before I finish any feedback would be helpful.

I have an idea for a third but its completely different, and I may have to ask for help.

spaceboy

definitely enjoying it DKM2.  I was away from it for a few days but I've got 4 or 5 answers so far.  I was trying to incorporate a couple parts into my current game missions (kill two birds, sorry mercs, with one stone)

Thanks for the hints. 

PZ

Although I haven't started using it yet - almost finished with my current game I plan to soon.  In looking the puzzle over, it is going to be great fun, and I'm planning on sending you cool places I discover in the game.  There are so many fabulous places to visit, I find myself regularly saying "I wish the guys could see this place..."

The cool thing about this is that You've created something that I've thought would be a good idea - have members create pseudo missions for others to go on.  Kind of like the Easter egg hunt I believe we've discussed before.  Good job!

JRD

I'm not playing it so far too. I'm in Bowa and waiting for part 2 to start from where I am. As soon as I finish my current game and start another one I'll do the first puzzle... it is a great idea to create that one DKM2, good job

DKM2

I should warn console players, there's been some question as to differences between PC
and consoles on placement of some objects in the game.

I made this on a PC at 1920x1200 at all maximum settings, but I've checked a few at the
lowest settings and it seems fine. 1280x1024 all high is the lowest it lets me go.

Sorry to frustrate anyone, but it would be interesting to know if such differences existed.
PM me or post a pic if you think one is a problem.

Tags:
🡱 🡳