Car Colours: are some very rare?

Started by Art Blade, May 29, 2009, 05:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Has anyone noticed this: Some cars seem to come in a few typical colours, and some colours seem to be rare?

Lately I thought I never saw an orange grenade launcher assault truck, and of course after I posted here I happened upon two orange GL trucks... and a yellow one. Mostly they seem to be blue, or white (hard to recognise at times, white looks brownish if dirty). Seldom yellow or orange. Maybe red is rare for GL trucks too.

Now I'm thinking about Jeep Wranglers. Many are blue, black or dark green. Recently I noticed a bright green one. I think I once found a yellow one, but I'm not sure (anyone seen a yellow wrangler?). I definitely got a white wrangler once and was proud of it, they seem to be rare. But I never saw a red wrangler...

[smg id=638]

... until today.

What do you think? Have you noticed something? And where did you see them? The red wrangler is stationed at an uncharted post southwest of Port Selao, close to a safehouse. the GP is on the opposite site of a river, a waterfall close to it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

think the ones in standard places (Pala, Mikes, Bus stops etc) are always the same, but patrols and when you got them unlocked at Safehouses vary quite a bit. always like a white one but they seem pretty rare (apart from the crappy datsun just outside west pala (DLC are always blue for Quad bike thingy, and white for Unimog) will keep eye out tho :)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

haha, cheers :) I would like to know where the yellow one is... I think I saw it once when I had to do that "kill the police chief" mission, when he came along in a convoy. I think I had a yellow wrangler by that time... feck.  ;D

Oh, the bright green one is at Weelegol, when you come in from the north, there is a small stand on a hill behind bushes, there it is. It is not mappable btw, the weelegol map shows some cars, but not this one.

see below, found it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Aeris

I have seen a Blue Jeep Wrangler too, and a Red Jeep Liberty, the Red Jeep Liberty is in the Guard Post East from Port Selao, and the Blue Jeep Wrangler appears randomly from Patrols, especially in the very annoying lakeside area in Leboa Sako (next to the North-Eastern Bus Station, there is a Safe House past the "lakeside warzone".

The White Jeep Wrangler is quite rare, and I have only seen a Black Jeep Wrangler during my 7 playthroughs... :(

I haven't seen any Yellow Jeep Wranglers, though.

Edit:

Judging from what I saw in the Map Editor, there is a Golden Jeep Wrangler, and many Fishing Boat, Swamp Boat and Paragliders designs. :)

Art Blade

The black wrangler is sometimes on patrol routes near deserts, I think the last one I got near North RailYard in Leboa, and I met one on tour in Bowa. Will tell you if I see one :)

Funny are those buggies, a few are yellow, many orange, red or blue. never saw a white or black buggy.

Aeris

Okay! Thanks man :P, I'd really like to have a Black Jeep Wrangler, it looks slick. Lol.

Heh, yeah, the Buggies really know how to stand out. Lol.

Art Blade

Quote from: Aeris on May 29, 2009, 05:22:56 PMEdit:

Judging from what I saw in the Map Editor, there is a Golden Jeep Wrangler, and many Fishing Boat, Swamp Boat and Paragliders designs. :)

A golden wrangler... cool, got to fire up the map editor :)

In game there is only once that Black Jeep Liberty with golden trim and wheel caps, a present from the prince...

Fishing boats, lately I used a bright yellow one, mostly I see brownish or reddish ones. I think blue is also available.

Swamp boats: seen blue, red, yellow.

Gliders: green+yellow, purple+gray is what I remember having seen.

Art Blade

Quote from: Aeris on May 29, 2009, 05:32:24 PM
Okay! Thanks man :P, I'd really like to have a Black Jeep Wrangler, it looks slick. Lol.

Got one, do you know the desert road west of Sefapane in Bowa, south of the safehouse? There is a small camp with a small road to it, with a wrecked bus plus diamond. Some mercs there. I shot a patrolling black wrangler there. :)

Aeris

Yeah, ah... I have not been there during this playthrough yet, I will check it out, thanks man! :D

Art Blade

welcome :) Else, go to northern railyard, there should be another black wrangler on patrol. Ah, definitely near Petro Sahel :)

Aeris

Okay! :P I like that area, especially when going downhill from the Bus Station... Lol.

RedRaven

dont think it black in my games ? cant recall seeing any black vehicles (that is until i've torched em good and proper with molotov or two....) 8)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Aeris

Thanks man, it looks sleek. :P Whenever I see a Jeep Wrangler of any kind, I full-stop my own vehicle so that the Jeep Wrangler does not take any hit, and wait for the driver to go down then shoot him in the head. Lol, I like the Jeep Wranglers. :P

Art Blade

That's why I shot that zebra, because it had headbutted my new car in the headlight.

Art Blade

[smg id=640 align=center width=400]
That's the uncharted bright green jeep at weelegol

just by the way, there is an uncharted red buggy too, close to the explosives on the map. The two vehicle icons on the map represent another bright green wrangler and a green-yellow glider.

Aeris

Quote from: Art Blade on May 29, 2009, 06:24:38 PM
That's why I shot that zebra, because it had headbutted my new car in the headlight.
Lol, Zebra's just love the sensation of a car grill on their body or so it seems... roadkill time!

Quote from: Art Blade on May 29, 2009, 07:31:15 PM
[smg id=640 align=center width=400]
That's the uncharted bright green jeep at weelegol
Bright Green, Gorgeous! :D

Art Blade

haha, just edited while you posted. Bright green, NOT as in British Racing Green LOL, Bond Style :)

RedRaven

british racing green is a dark green guys. :-X

Art Blade

cheers, I remember TDU where Aston Martin and Jaguar had loads of different funny green colours, I just confused it :)

Dweller_Benthos

At one point, I was going to map all the "extra" vehicles on the map but decided it was already getting crowded with icons, so dropped that idea.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Pity... but I think it's ok because you saved a lot of time... there are cars practically around every corner :)

Right now, I'm having fun driving across the country, looking for rare colour cars. Specifically Wranglers  ;D Going to take screenshots if they are stationary which means everyone could go there and grab them.

Art Blade

I have news:

The red Jeep Wrangler apparently is unique. Here you have the screenshot with its location (coming from the bridge, you see the Wrangler parked to the left in one of those stands. Today I wanted to see if I could get a fresh red one there, but the stand was bloody EMPTY!

Then again, I decided to wreck my old BigRed1 (movie lol)  right there, take the green truck and drive quite a bit away. When I returned, the green truck missed but the BigRed1 had respawned.

Sometimes it's hard to understand FC2...  ::) ;)

[smg id=643]

[smg id=638]

Art Blade

Quote from: Aeris on May 29, 2009, 05:22:56 PMThe White Jeep Wrangler is quite rare, and I have only seen a Black Jeep Wrangler during my 7 playthroughs... :(

Quote from: dke58 on May 29, 2009, 06:14:52 PMcant recall seeing any black vehicles

I think you might be interested in this,  -> white, red and black... :)

Ricamundo

funny, i wonder if your choice of GPU affects the colours of vehicles. I know i've never seen a white one, although i play mostly @ night, so the Unimog for instance, looks light grey to me. I have been playing more during the day time, although usually in the early morning, or late, near sunset.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Tags:
🡱 🡳