Clearing Cease Fire Areas

Started by GPFontaine, April 16, 2010, 02:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPFontaine

Is it possible to clear a cease fire area of all enemy combatants?

I tried to take out Pala and lasted for a long time, but eventually got taken out when my guns started to jam.  Are there infinite amounts of enemies?

Art Blade

yes, infinite amounts. There are several spawn points, usually out of the player's sight. One is actually visible -- when you come into town from Mike's, walk down the road that starts with the white AT's and diamond's garage. Halfways into town, behind the intersection (church road to the left) but go on straight until to the left you'll find stairs that lead to a platform (next to the hotel) with a table and some potatoe-like stuff on it. From there look down the road you came from, but the opposite direction and across the street. There is a shack where mercs will respawn. Best use godmode and perhaps ignore player cheats :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Another fun method is to drive a grenade launching assault truck from Bowa to Pala and set it up facing the road to Mike's bar.  Mount the grenade launcher (unlimited ammo) and have fun for as long as you like (no cheats needed if you want to do this on the console).  The mercs will keep coming in waves as long as you want to keep it up (I did it for 20-30 minutes one time).  You can carpet bomb the town or simply mow down the waves as they keep coming.

The good part about this spot is that the mercs are funneled toward you, thus cannot flank your position.

fragger

Quote from: GPFontaine on April 16, 2010, 02:29:12 PM
Is it possible to clear a cease fire area of all enemy combatants?

You can clear them all out of Sefapane without them respawning. It's not really a major town like Pala and Port Selao, but it's still a cease-fire type place. In fact, if you start a fight or do a cell tower hit there, you'll get the "successfully escaped the ceasefire area" message once you kill all the mercs in town.

@PZ, cool tip, cheers mate :-X

PZ

Thanks fragger, it is a nice diversion from the normal play  ;D

Dweller_Benthos

You can also do that trick in Sefapane where there's a guard at one of the factions buildings, at a certain point in the game (maybe when you first get there?) and at that point, you can kill everyone in town, then the guard will be the only one to keep respawing, but he won't attack you right away, until you attack him. It's funny to stand there and take out an endless supply of guards who drop their weapons into an ever growing pile.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Happens two times I think, or depending on which faction you worked for. One time it's the big house surrounded by walls and various ammo supplies and the stationary AT in the back, the other time that bungalow near the garage and towards the lake. I did spend quite some time doing that routine, endless variations of killing the doorman, including molotovs  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Oh yeah, molotovs, machete, what have you..... he doesn't attack very quickly, so you can hack him with the machete before he even gets his gun out.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 20, 2010, 12:59:57 PMbefore he even gets his gun out

That reminds me, for some reason, of some screenshots... who had the bigger gun, then?  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳