Death shakes

Started by retiredgord, May 28, 2009, 05:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Wow, this was weird.  It happened in my last playthru but I'd forgotten to now.
I had killed this merc at a safehouse and unlocked it.  As I was walking closer to go inside I heard this rattling sound like metal.  When I tracked the source of the sound I found it was a dead merc that had his AK over top of his arm and the hand and lower arm were shaking in death producing the sound I heard.  I went inside and came outside again and it had stopped.  I went over closer and saw that the AK had fallen off, but the hand was still shaking, but eventually slowed and stopped.  Very weird.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

I had that same experience too... apparently, when they die and the gun falls over them a bug occurs... something that makes them shake like that  :P
I once made a vid of it, but never managed to convert it .mov or .mpg to post it here  :(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I've seen stuff like that many times in various games. It's indeed not meant to happen but physics and collision handling cocked up. Basically it happens when something got wedged. It can happen if you slam shut a door and a NPC (non-player character) gets in between, sometimes the entire corpse starts shaking as if connected to a high-voltage power source :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Aeris

Hehe, I have seen that very same bug a lot of times too, but most of the time when I kill Mercs that are just about to get off from their cars, they get stuck in-between the world and the car object...

I am like..., "Well, I did not know that using Deployed Uranium Bullets could give the Mercs some severe cases of Post-Mortem (After Death) Epilepsy..." Haha.

Ricamundo

I've seen the merc shake rattle n roll too. Seems quite common actually. I see it in FEAR a lot too.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Tags:
🡱 🡳