How to series: Clear out the Police Station snipers for easy access...

Started by PZ, April 29, 2009, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

To safely enter the Police Station, it is best to take out the sniper on the wooden platform, and the RPG sniper near the foot bridge across the water.  Take out the RPG sniper first because he represents the greatest danger.

Approach from the narrow passage to the north of the area, crouch, and move toward the wooden sniper platform:
[smg id=233]

While still crouching, move slightly under the platform to escape the notice of the sniper up top, and sight in on the RPG sniper near the water.
[smg id=234]

After you take out the RPG sniper (head shot preferred) back up a bit to get the sniper above you into your sights.  A quick dart to the head and you have free reign to the area.  The major threats have been removed, but listen for the inevitable "Well, look what we got...
[snicker]

[smg id=235]

Another way into the area is via the road on the southern end of the area - approach with caution and take out the RPG sniper first, then scope in on the platform sniper.

spaceboy

Great tip PZ.  I'll bet you're loving the screen caps huh?  They look great and really added to the walkthrough.  That third one is priceless.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Thanks space,
Yeah, I'm loving the screen cap part of the process - it adds a completely new dimension to playing the game.  In fact, it almost makes me feel like the guy that writes the Prima Guide materials.  While I'll always love my PS3 (as I mentioned, I love playing while in bed), I now can extend my appreciation of games into the PC arena.  Each platform has it's benefits and drawbacks.

It has been a challenge becoming accustomed to the keyboard, and remembering to click the PrintScr key, but it is getting better.  I'd like to continue with the "How to" series, and perhaps extend into the videos like the other experienced PC guys do.  I've an evaluation copy of Fraps that came with the video card, and I'm going to install it to see how it goes.  Hopefully, I will be able to create content worthy of display.

retiredgord

Good w@&k Jackal. This was a hard spot because I was lazy and tried to come in from around the corner where the safehouse is located.  Everytime I got back up the South side I would be spotted and taking fire from the sniper, rpg guy and any mercs now alerted to my location.  Man, I went thru a lot of ammo scurrying about.  This will make the second time easier for sure.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, nice tips, I came in from the same way the first time I went through there and didn't have any silent weapons on me, so I snuck up the tower stairs and machete'd the sniper there, then took out the RPG guy, but only after he'd already fired one round at me. It was so early in the game, I didn't even know there were RPGs and I heard this woosh noise and wondered what that was? then the whole tower around me exploded. Apparently, since he was aiming from below, it had hit the platform I was standing on, and not me, so I only took some damage and all the stuff around me on the platform disintegrated.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Nice tip there PZ, and well done with the pics :) Thanks to you it will be a lot easier now to clear the place out.

I like the idea of "how to series". If it is ok with you, maybe you can move the Dogon Village Sniper Guide and the House Cleaning topics over here and add a "How to series:" to the subject.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Excellent idea Art, and thanks for the comments, everyone.  As the site becomes progressively larger, it becomes more important to organize our information so that it is easier to access.  We'll get it worked out one of these days!

Tags:
🡱 🡳