Grenade launchers at the Ranger station

Started by PZ, May 02, 2009, 07:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Just did a mission this morning to kill the UFLL official at the resort (Ranger Station).  Starting in Port Selao, stole the fishing boar and piloted it to the eastern edge of the Ranger Station.  On the deck of the water-side grass hut was a mounted grenade launcher - made quick w@&k of the eastern half of the area (take out the sniper on the platform first). 

On an unrelated trip to the Ranger Station, I discovered another mounted grenade launcher on the eastern edge of the area as well.  Using these two are yet another way to easily infiltrate the area.

See if I have this correct so far regarding the location of mounted grenade launchers:

• One mounted GL at the guard post north of the pipeline
  • One mounted GL in Weelegol
  • Two mounted GLs at the Ranger station
Others?  This was actually the first time I'd found those at the Ranger Station, and curiously enough, one of the mercs tried to use it on me.

Art Blade

one mounted GL (and one gren truck) at Airfield, Bowa
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Holy crap, i hadnt reaized that there were mounted GL at guard posts. man, im still learning so much. :o
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Hacko

I didn't know they had mounted GL's on the maps either. Maybe if the mercs used them more on me, I would have known that. Lazy mercs. ;)

Art Blade

I think they're a bit picky, "if it's not a mortar, leave it alone." Exception: GLs on boats. Man, they do use them  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Speaking of GLs - did the mission to blow up the pipeline valve, then destroy the other valve to flood the mine.  New approach for me - after visiting with my buddy at the safe house northwest of the pipeline, I drove to the GP on the western edge of the lake.  Cleaned out the GP and then suckered gunboats in by firing into the air - one-by-one they came in (3 total) - the Dragunov barked out their death song and now the lake was clear.  Piloted the boat toward the pipeline and heard the metallic "click" - pufff... - whistle indicating that mortar merc on the small island had seen me.  Piloted full speed to the back of the island hopped out and hunted down the mortar merc.  Afterward, returned to the GL boat and shelled the pipeline until the "Mission completed" prompt appeared - was the easiest I have ever done this mission, full of adventure, thrills, and adrenalin.

Art Blade

Very nice, PZ :) Shame we don't have a vid of that. I never had it that easy, maybe I will do it your way next time:) Did you check the flooded environment, the river that has turned up below and between MS-Pipeline (where you blew the valve) and the GP? The once stranded boat? :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on May 03, 2009, 01:31:37 PM
Very nice, PZ :) Shame we don't have a vid of that. I never had it that easy, maybe I will do it your way next time:) Did you check the flooded environment, the river that has turned up below and between MS-Pipeline (where you blew the valve) and the GP? The once stranded boat? :)

Thanks Art,
You bet I did; I've been waiting for this one since some of the other gentlemen mentioned it.  After blowing the first valve, I went tot he GP with the GL and cleared it out.  Then took the glider across the canyon to the pipeline and blew the second valve.  Then strolled down to the boar, which I was able to pilot up the river toward the mine.  When I arrived at the mine, the dry bottom where the mercs usually try to get me was filled with water - really cool...

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on May 03, 2009, 03:16:50 PM
Then strolled down to the boar, which I was able to pilot up the river toward the mine.

Interesting. And congratulations. I thought we had vehicles or our own feet to move around... If I think of a boar, I'd think of riding it, but you do seem to invent this game new  ;D

PZ

haha, my fingers are becoming fatigued... I should proofread a bit more effectively!

Art Blade

please don't. I wouldn't want to miss such lovely opportunities  ;D

RedRaven

its fullfilling (or should that be Ufllfilling) to sneak up from the west of ranger post,  kill the two mercs near the GL's ninja style then let rip with the GL's at rest of rangers, nearly all roof's blow off and it all burns so nicely on a hot african night ;D ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳