What spot in the game gives you the most trouble...

Started by PZ, April 29, 2009, 07:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

welcome CaptainGotShot and thanks for your version of "M.O." :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Aeris

Quote from: JRD on April 30, 2009, 06:55:17 AM
You are right about the MGL truck... but check this thread and also this vid created by our fellow player spearhead_22

[smg id=10 type=av]

It should be helpfull info to increase your fun  ;)
Thanks for the tip, man, I like to assault Sefapane since it has so many places to hide into and take cover from, and there are plenty of mercs, yet, surrounded by the wasteland, so no place to hide if they run away, my tactic to steal / avoid the MGL Truck was, well, zig-zag'ing my way to them, from the front, and crush right into the truck, they would not dare to lob a grenade because they would blow themselves up, ca'shing, but the Sniping Tactic is a lot more viable and safe, thanks dude.

JRD

You are welcome... and I like the idea of confroting a grenade truck face to face, what a nerve  ;)
But don't think they wont lob a grenade over you blowing everybody up... Artificial Dumbness plays a major role in FC2  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: JRD on May 01, 2009, 05:55:29 AM
You are welcome... and I like the idea of confroting a grenade truck face to face, what a nerve  ;)
But don't think they wont lob a grenade over you blowing everybody up... Artificial Dumbness plays a major role in FC2  ;D

My method (kind of crude in comparison, but it works) is to run at the GL truck full speed - yeah, they try to get you, but the rounds usually fall behind because you're moving so fast.  Then run straight into them and they're too close to fire - hop out, kill them and steal their ride!  The other method I like to use at the northeast bus stop in Bowa is to hop immediately into the car and race to the weps dealer building, hide behind it, and wait to snipe them once they come up the road from the south.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on May 01, 2009, 07:21:45 AM
The other method I like to use at the northeast bus stop in Bowa is to hop immediately into the car and race to the weps dealer building, hide behind it, and wait to snipe them once they come up the road from the south.

I like to sit on the rooftop of the weapons dealer   ;) There is a rock behind the building high enough for you to jump onto it
The result is the same, I know, but I feel good being a sniper on top of a building  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

haha! once you have finished the buddy mission which leads you to recover the fuse for the bomb on that crash site, you will notice the snipers there are very alert. They sometimes shoot from the crash site at you while around the weapons dealer. Just make some noise (grenades, blow up cars). You won't hear them shoot but you will hear their bullets zip around you :)

PZ

Good ones JRD and Art - I'll try those the next time I'm there!  While I'm still early in Act I on the PC, I'm well into act II on the PS3 - Saturday and Sunday are my mornings for the console!

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on May 01, 2009, 07:41:16 AM
They sometimes shoot from the crash site at you while around the weapons dealer. Just make some noise (grenades, blow up cars). You won't hear them shoot but you will hear their bullets zip around you :)

So true,  the first time I noticed that I was getting pinged but couldn't hear the shots I was climbing on the rocks behind the armory, crouching looking all over but couldn't see them.  They kept up the barrage good too so peeking out to look around was a real heart pumping time.  I could've got in the truck and taken off, but I was so annoyed that someone had the audacity to shoot at me from somewhere, I couldn't leave and give them the last laugh.  Finally I got him in my scope of the AS50 and sent him on permanent vacation.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

same here. hehe, really made me tense then :) and, for the bloody far distance they shot from, I also grabbed the AS50 which has a better scope. It was funny to finally see the basturd and shoot him to smithereens ;D

retiredgord

The tough spots for me were the night shots from the sniper post at the  Airfield in the North and the dude on the hill east of Northern R/R and West of X-crossing. At night they are almost impossible to see and hard to return fire. I had to sneak closer out of the fire line to get them. But as spaceboy said, can't let them get the last laugh.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Quote from: retiredgord on May 01, 2009, 08:49:17 AM
The tough spots for me were the night shots from the sniper post at the  Airfield in the North and the dude on the hill east of Northern R/R and West of X-crossing. At night they are almost impossible to see and hard to return fire. I had to sneak closer out of the fire line to get them. But as spaceboy said, can't let them get the last laugh.

Try this for satisfaction when you're in those areas at night - sneak up on them with a 6P9 - because you already know where they are, it is easy, and gives one a great sense of satisfaction to get close enough to spit....

RedRaven

defo Defend the Barge mission, first time round got killed at least 6 times, but cracked it eventually by taking out the first set of mercs who appear on left and right bank then use rocket launcher to take out rocket launcher guy, the mortar is always a pain, but the swamp boats are pretty easy to take out if you keep your cool and dont take panic-shots.
all other areas can be easy or hard , its all down to how you approach your objective and what your armed with. Usually after a couple of attempts can figure where to start attacking from, which weapons to use against which targets and prob most importantly target priority, hitting the right targets first then change location to take out lesser threats. Biggest problem for me is malaria, cos will sit and wait for best time to strike and often get malaria effecting me as need to take that crucial shot. also using vehicles as weapons and setting fires as a diversion has worked well so far. its worth spending few minutes to study the map of your target cos can usually find 2 or 3 different ways to get there even if it means going long way round through several sectors to get there.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Excellent advice regarding planning your trip to the mission destination. I often use a combination of methods (air, water, land) and typically assess the best method because of prior experience.  That's one reason that a printed paper copy of D_B's main maps are so useful - the detail even on an 8.5x11 is more than sufficient, and far greater than what you get with the main map in the game.

Tags:
🡱 🡳