Hardware discussion...

Started by RedRaven, April 22, 2009, 08:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

more than happy to if some one can post some simple, easy-for-all-to-follow instructions on how to do it.reckon vid posts could be interesting and useful, screenshots lacking 4th dimension and all.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

dke58, are you on PC or console?  Also I assume you've perused the Latest Content Updates forum and/or the Gallery (general and user albums).  There's a bunch of great vids posted here.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

I'll leave it to DKM2, if you allow me. He is an eletronic engineer and will surely have a beter explanation than mine (if he doesn't mind replying).

However

AMD Athlon 64X2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.21 Ghz (***)

As far as I can tell, AMD is a Pentium competitor, a pretty good  processor indeed. With 2 processing units, which is also pretty good for gaming. 2,2 is a good sped too. With a 512 MB graphic card (you said NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, but never mentioned if its 256, or 512 MB) you should play gams like Crysis with great graphics, not maxed out though.
When you play FC2, how is the display setting (high, very high or utra high?).
Sorry if I'm being too obvious here, I'm not an expert as well!!

And if you are playing FC2 on PC, try hitting printscreen while in game.
When you quit game, go to My Documents>My games>Far Cry 2> Screenshots.
You sould have your screens saved as .png files...
Enjoy taking your pics and feel free to uoload them here (just convert them to .jpg first, please...these are light files) ... we just love to see what other players are doing ;)
As for vids, will check other posts about it and post links here so you can have an idea of how to do it...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

didnt think of that its only 256. didnt like cyrsis, as for settings -
1440 x 900 @60hrz (monitor max and standard)
no v-sync or anti-aliasing
Real Tree = high
Fire = low because even on low it looks pretty damn real
Physic = Very High
Overall = Custom
Veg = medium
Shading = Low
Terrain = High
Geometry = High
Post = High
Textures = High
Shadow = Off (made my eyes go funny)
Ambient = High
widescreen, HDR and Bloom all OFF

it runs really well, better than cysis did, and better than Stalker too.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

I once changed the settings just to see how FC2 looks like on lower config.
It looks great even on medium or low. Too bad you have shadows off... its the feature that amazes me the most.
But as long as you play smooth, the fun is in its gameplay  ;)
If you think about it, gaming is what pumps the industry of computer spare parts... the reason most people upgrade or buy a computer is gaming. I upgraded my graphic card only to play. In fact, to use it at home as a helpful tool to home budget and typing reports and e-mail, takes a pretty weak machine

RedRaven

agreed the shadows look great but i had same problem playing S.O.C, in that the shadows were causing migraines, turn em off and can play for hours. guess my eyes&brain just wont accept them, they are not quite "real" enough.
and would rather turn off shadows and play than not.

RedRaven

also sorry JRD our chat has sent this thread way off topic..... :-\

PZ

No problem guys - remember this is openworldgames.org.  I split the topic into Hardware discussion, but there was a hiccup in the system and one of the posts migrated into a separate post.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on April 23, 2009, 10:33:07 AM
No problem guys - remember this is openworldgames.org.  I split the topic into Hardware discussion, but there was a hiccup in the system and one of the posts migrated into a separate post.

PZ... believe it or not... I was doing exactly the same...!!!
Glad you did it first, thanks. I had that hiccup too while spliting a topic at the same time you were. Maybe that's why some posts go stray...

Now to dke58....

Hahaha... never mind, I didn't realize we wento off topic, thanks for the tip ;)
Besides, I like to think the forum as a bar chat with friends. It always deviates from the original topic, but to something nicely fun too..

PZ

Yeah, there seems to be slight bug in the system when you try to split at a specific point - the way that always seems to w@&k is by selecting the posts to include individually.

DKM2

ummm, what was the question again?  I kinda dozed off there....
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

You got me, partner... too many posts to keep track of these days!

Art Blade

me too, especially since we have two topics with identical headlines and authors.. LOL
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

How about close this topic an continue the discussion on the other "Hardware discussion" topic?
I'm locking it now ...

Tags:
🡱 🡳