Good news: new trailer is coming

Started by ninzza, February 09, 2012, 02:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninzza

JRD

Cool... OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy  :-()
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

mandru

I noticed they were announcing a 2012 launch as well as offering a go for it now $49.99 pre-order for the PC download version as well as for PS3 and XBox when it becomes available.  I wonder what goodies they're tossing in with the pre-order but I would prefer to get it on a disc instead of via download.

I'm really itching to give FC3 a Vas-ectomy.   >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Although I don't know the much about the timing of pre-ordering, it seems like if they are offering that option, it might not be unreasonably long before release?  ????

Binnatics

I thought the same when I saw that "pre-order" button. I too want to have the disc version, but I'll keep an eye open for any pre-order bonuses .I still regret I don't have that crossbow in FC2 ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

PZ

JRD

And I'm gonna need, at least, a new video card...  :-(

PZ

Ne too - will probably spring for that snappy new nvidia card that Art mentioned some time ago.

mandru

I'm pretty sure my rig is still up to snuff for the release.  When I've compared my scene transition times in AC:R to any of those I've observed in posted YouTube game tutorials I'm blowing through the transitions in about 1/10 of the time it takes for examples I've seen in the videos.

I'm hoping with this release of FC3 that UBI has learned something from the AC series towards improving their algorithms for GPU utilization.  FC2 has always caused the fans in my graphics card to run at about 30% to 50% (continuous) as compared to the very rare occurrence in playing my AC series games (maybe twice an hour) where the fans kick up for a few seconds (just enough to stretch its legs and get comfortable) and then settle back into near silent running.

I also noticed when you click on the pre-order box in that link above there is a downloadable $19.99 offer of the FC2 Fortunes Edition for PC available.  As much as I would love to get those extra weapons and vehicles I still want it on disc.   :-\\

Oddly enough right next to the Fortune Pack deal is an offering for PS3 and XBox of FC2 (purchase price $29.99) but it doesn't include the Fortunes Pack.  So sorry console users.  ???
- mandru

Binnatics

$19,99 is still a lot for the fortune pack. FC2 can be found for €5,- in shops nowadays.  :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Heheh, thanx. It's part of the loading screen of Gotham City Impostors.  :)
In fact, when the game loads the figure there is running and shooting his pistols. Wish I could record that and make a moving avatar ;D

mandru

When I look at the description for that $19.99 offer it's the whole game with the fortune pack pre-loaded.  If it wasn't a download version I'd be on it to get those extra weapons and vehicles I've wanted to play with ever since I first heard about them.

For someone with good internet connection speed who is a first timer dipping their toe into the African waters with the FC series this is a good option that I think is worth every penny.  :-X
- mandru

JRD

The crossbow feels great, but the RPG works better. :-\\

The silenced shotgun is not a weapon I carry with me and the double barrel, sawed off SG is nasty but takes ages to load so I usually go for my usual loadout (Dragunov, M79/Uzi, SAW/RPG), exchanging the Xbow for the RPG eventually.

The Unimog also feels nice but else, is just another truck. The quad is very nice... I only wish I could shoot while driving!  :-\\

I own a retail FC2 copy but I got the Fortunes pack along with my STEAM copy of FC2, which I bought for a fiver  8)

Get it if it's cheap, like really cheap

PZ

Because the DLC weapons are available from the beginning, I'll equip the silenced shotgun and the crossbow.  then later as better weaponry becomes available, I'll switch.

The Uni is actually my favorite vehicle because it mounts the mighty .50, takes lots of damage, and is high enough off the ground to clear rocks and other debris that other vehicles hang up on.

I guess like most other things, the way we prefer to game leads to our favorite machines.  :-()

fragger

Ever since getting the Fortune pack I've always equipped the crossbow as soon as I reach the Weapon Shop in each playthrough until better options become available. It comes in very handy when playing on the higher difficulty levels. I really like the antique sawn-off but you have to get in close for it to be effective and as JRD said, it takes a while to reload. I tried the silenced shottie a couple of times but never really took to it. It just didn't feel right - a shottie should go BOOM, not *phut* >:D

I too like the Unimog as it's a way to get an early .50 cal-mounted ride happening and it seems to offer a lot of protection. When I'm being fired on I don't seem to get hit as much in that as I do in an AT. Head-ons with ATs can be effective - the 'mog tends to go up on top of the AT and a couple of times I've squashed the driver by doing that.

The quad is a lot of fun, if a tad flighty and fragile - it doesn't take much to flip it, get it stuck or make its radiator smoke. But it is fun to get airborne on 8)

Tags:
🡱 🡳