weird glitch

Started by Binnatics, December 27, 2012, 05:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

Oh, was it me that went out to test it? darn, I completely forgot...... ???    :-D

nexor

sounds vaguely familiar fragger, I must have experienced it also, seeing as I have collected all the relics   ::)
memory's getting a bit short :-D

fragger

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Quote from: mandru on November 09, 2013, 07:17:01 PM
I encountered another piece of FC3 weirdness that I've been able to recreate by shutting down my computer, restarting and entering the game again.  Hopefully this will also be a glitch present on all PC installs and not just mine.

I also found it mandru, if you don't mind, I took a video clip from down there and is the process of posting it on youtube, will post it here when completed

mandru

That will be great nex.  +1   :)  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

nexor

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Nice one nex :-X

That does look weird ????

mandru

- mandru

nexor

Oh, you can fire your guns, I shot a shark while down there   ???

fragger

I don't know if this qualifies as a glitch or not - I guess it does.

Somehow, I managed to get 11 special arrows into my quiver (limit is supposed to be 10), all explosive ones. I tried to get a screenie of the crafting menu showing 11/10 Explosive Arrows to back me up, but I couldn't get it to paste into IrfanView. No mods involved, just the normal game. I had 10 explosive arrows in my quiver just before I did the Path of the Hunter quest at Kell's Boat Repairs, the one that ups your quiver capacity to Extended, so I'm guessing that had something to do with it. I was already on Heavy Duty quiver, or whatever the quiver level immediately before Extended is called. I can't try and reproduce the same result right now because the game autosaved as soon as I completed the mish - that'll have to wait until the next 'thru.

Has anyone else seen this?

mandru

Nice find fragger.  :-X

I don't use the bow much so that one slipped right past me.
- mandru

PZ

Quote from: mandru on December 06, 2013, 06:58:34 AM
Nice find fragger.  :-X

I don't use the bow much so that one slipped right past me.

Same here - never did master the bow

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on December 06, 2013, 01:56:19 AMHas anyone else seen this?

Yes. And I have a screenie of it. Oh, and I beat you to it by a year.  :-()

Quote from: Art Blade on December 16, 2012, 07:30:52 AM
One special arrow extra (11/10)

[smg id=5018 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 16 00033"]

1. Craft the maximum of special arrows (10/10)
2. Equip the bow and select a special arrow
3. Go to the crafting menu again and you'll see (9/10) -- because one arrow is equipped, the quiver has room for one more.
4. Craft one special arrow (10/10)
5. Now you can equip whatever you want.. you'll have 11/10  :-()

fragger

I should have known :-()

Bloody hell, it's been a year already!? Where did that one go? I blinked and I missed it ???

Art Blade

:-()

That last line of yours reminds me of a dialogue I once read in a Garfield comic book by Jim Davis,

Jon Arbuckle: "Did I ever tell you I'm 29, Garfield?"
Garfield: "You would have been 30 but you were sick a year."

:-D

fragger

PZ

Dang, hard to believe it has already been a year

nexor

mandru

I've noticed when using the command line cheats for godmode and no detect that if I approach a North Island outpost and shoot one (or all) of Vaas' Molotov throwers with the Signature silenced .45 while leaving everyone else untouched the ones I've shot will burst into flame and wander around with no one noticing that they are mobile human bonfires.  They do not spread fire when they are in this condition and bumping into them will not cause your character to catch on fire as you usually would.  When they are in this state they can no longer be killed with one of the Takedown moves and attempting to do so will slash them instead.

Once anyone at the Outpost encounters a dead body and an alert goes out the ignited flamers will become aware of their condition, become agitated and eventually expire.

In a passing aside:  It's also worth noting that Crocks, Snakes and Eels cannot be tagged with a scan of the camera or when centered in iron sights the way that every other animated danger of FC3 can.
- mandru

Binnatics

Maybe that last fact is due to them being cold-blooded creatures and won;t respond on any heat-seeking device or infrared technology... but do sharks belong to that group as well ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

Sharks can be tagged along with tortoises and the other cold blooded denizen komodos.  :)
- mandru

Art Blade

you cannot tag quite a lot of animals. For example, those paradise birds, seagulls, lizards and crabs.. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳