weird glitch

Started by Binnatics, December 27, 2012, 05:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

:-))
you right on that one fragger   :-D

PZ

Quote from: fragger on October 19, 2013, 04:19:09 AM
And what are the odds of finding another online forum where the members all respect one another and don't engage in puerile insult contests? At least as small, I'd say.

The only other online community of any sort which comes anywhere near close is among the CG-modelling community, however the discussions there are almost entirely CG art-oriented. OWG is the only place on the net I've ever found where I can interact with people who have such a wide range of interests, viewpoints, topics of conversation and terrific senses of humour. It's way, way more than a gaming site and it's everything that social networking should be. A pretty small network to be sure, but all the more valuable for the close camaraderie of its active members.

This is my favourite place online :-X I feel a kinship with the members here that I've never experienced anywhere else on the net. I know that every time I visit, there will be something of interest to read. It's unique.

Well said, fragger; I have not encountered a single online community where conversations are as pleasant, stimulating, and insightful as this one.  Unfortunately, individuals with respect, manners, and intelligence are a vanishing breed.

Quote from: nexor on October 20, 2013, 02:03:17 PM
Thanks to OWG oz and sa became friends...... :-D

oz, sa, and a whole bunch of worldwide areas - imagine if the entire world behaved as we do on this forum.  Sure, we might have differing opinions, but all are respected, as are the individuals expressing them.

Art Blade

PZ, +1 :-X for having started and running the best site on the net. :-() :bow :-))
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks, AB, but I'm just the guy that takes care of the infrastructure - all OWG members make the place what it is.

I have to give you +1 for being the core foundation of our membership  ;)

Art Blade

thanks, PZ, but I'm just one of the guys. You're too kind, man :)

PZ

Credit given where credit is due, my friend  ;)

Art Blade

OK, we're even, then.  :)

For now. :-()

fragger

Art and PZ: When I first started perusing this site, it was the largely the exchanges between you two guys that drew me in.

So here's a kudo for each of you :) :-X

Art Blade

Thank you, fragger :) I have to admit, quite a few of PZ's comments and posts have triggered the cheeky humour in me. I can't leave him alone :-D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 21, 2013, 07:03:40 PM
Thank you, fragger :) I have to admit, quite a few of PZ's comments and posts have triggered the cheeky humour in me. I can't leave him alone :-D

:laugh: :-X

Thanks fragger; you and all of our regular posters and long term members are what makes OWG a special place on the 'net  ;)

Binnatics

I feel honoured to be able to give you, PZ, your hundred-est kudo. We've been giving eachother kudos for a lot of things, and the most popular amongst them is the way we treat eachother. That's what we're proud of, and that's our trademark. Probably that's why we stay small and tight. But that's excellent. No need to grow huge. We would become a 'big city' with complicated infrastructure and rules. We now are more like a small village, smeared out worldwide that is. We feel eachother sort of, with simple rules and short communication.
And PZ, you allow that. Your patience and dedication, and all the time you put into this weird community, deserves respect. You deserve that third digit. And I'm just happy that I had the opportunity to do that ;)

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

durian

Quote from: Binnatics on October 22, 2013, 07:32:08 AM

(...) No need to grow huge. We would become a 'big city' with complicated infrastructure and rules. We now are more like a small village, smeared out worldwide that is. We feel eachother sort of, with simple rules and short communication.(...)

Great minds thinks alike  ;D I completely concur, Bin. I've been pondering about what makes our site stand out in the (huge) crowd. Firstly, as you guys already mentioned, it's the way we treat one another. Not only does it lack the blatant, direct insults people throw at one another at countless forums on the net, it's also totally free of indirect ones. Secondly, the intimacy between the members thanks to the small size of our site. If our site becomes too big with thousands of members, that intimacy would be lost. And the members wouldn't feel like they're friends, instead they feel they are just members of that site.

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

agree :)

for some reason, the right people find their way to us despite the fact that we're not advertising nor on top of google search. And I like it like that.

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on October 22, 2013, 07:32:08 AM
I feel honoured to be able to give you, PZ, your hundred-est kudo. We've been giving eachother kudos for a lot of things...

Thanks Binn!  ...true about the increase in kudo awards - however, life is too short - give more kudos is my motto  :-()

Art Blade

fragger

:laugh:

I hate to tell you this Art, but the cake is a lie.

Art Blade

That lie is a lie so other people won't come looking for it. :-D

fragger

Ah... double reverse psychology :-D

Art Blade

I'd do about anything for that cake.

fragger

OK then, here it is:

[smg id=6409]

Art Blade

That's the one! The one of my dreams! ???

Thank you, fragger, +1 :-X :-D

PZ

That looks delicious, fragger!

fragger

It probably would be if it was real :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳