Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 08, 2012, 07:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I believe it comes with practice. I deleted more than 25,000 screenshots for FC2 alone just to get rid of stuff I didn't want to keep. FC3 already sports around 4,000 screenshots. It has become second nature to be ready to hit the screencap key at any given time :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

When I'm playing I have a death grip on the mouse with my right and there's little hope of reaching cross-hand clear across the keyboard with my left to find and hit the print screen key in time to catch something on the fly.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

Quote from: mandru on April 10, 2013, 10:30:56 PM
When I'm playing I have a death grip on the mouse with my right and there's little hope of reaching cross-hand clear across the keyboard with my left to find and hit the print screen key in time to catch something on the fly.

I'm trying to imagine that.... :laugh: 8-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

:lamp:

I guess I could always just smash that part of the keyboard with my forehead and hope I get the shot.  :D

But I would have to w@&k at becoming really fast at it because I hate taking my eyes off the screen.  :-\\
- mandru

Art Blade

LOL  :laugh: that was a cool comment, mandru  :laugh: :-X

actually I do the cross-hand clear across the keyboard..
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

That's where being left handed comes in handy, I use the mouse right handed so my left hand is on the keyboard all the time

Binnatics

Quote from: nexor on April 11, 2013, 03:15:04 PM
That's where being left handed comes in handy, I use the mouse right handed so my left hand is on the keyboard all the time

Same here! ^-^

But I do have some difficulty finding that key as well, same for the '7' and '8' keys, when using seringes.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Yeah, yeah, "one little bottle doesn't do any harm," does it? Bloody drunken mechanics.

[smg id=5824 type=preview align=center caption="Screenshot0435"]

PZ

What a great pic!  Just goes to show you that there are always interesting side adventures in a true open world game.  It is only a shame that the developers decided to go with linear main missions.

Art Blade

thank you :)

It was this very photo scene which I wanted to capture as good as possible. Of course I did the usual tricks first such as whipping the machete or switching weapons to time it just right so the weapon wouldn't be in the picture. Only problem is that the entire picture sways with that action and it's never really centred. Also, you can't get too close or you'd hit something. And that made me think about how we kept doing our screenshots all the time.

And then I had the idea with the camera zoom to get the perfect picture if combined with the fact that PRNTSCR removes all HUD elements which was worth a tip in the respective topic. :)

PZ

Makes for perfect pictures!  :-X

Art Blade

:)

OK guys, I'm afraid the war's over. Sorry to say you're all dead and I won. :-D
[smg id=5826 type=preview align=center caption="Screenshot0443"]
what the..   ???
[smg id=5827 type=preview align=center caption="2013 04 13 00012"]
This is my knife. Mine, mine, MINE! (takedown from below, in the water)
[smg id=5828 type=preview align=center caption="2013 04 14 00018"]

Art Blade

Some people behave rather strangely when they realise they're being photographed. :-D
[smg id=5829 type=preview align=center caption="Screenshot0467"]

PZ

Good pics!  :-X

The guy being knifed looks kind of bored.

Art Blade

The guy is literally bored to death..  :-() Bored of getting stabbed every bloody time he sees me  >:D

PZ

Here are a few of Citra's palace.  Not too impressive when it is abandoned.

[smg id=5830 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5831 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5832 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5833 width=400 align=center]

mandru

Excellent discovery Art finding out that the privateers mug for the camera.  :laugh:

Bored pirate?  Yup!  Bored a hole right through him.  ;)

The little catfish is listed in the wildlife handbook as a river fish after you've managed to kill one.  ;)

Nice shots guys.  :-X   I've got a series of captures of Citra sitting on the ground near the stone table looking coy after she's completed your tat and sent you off to the South island after Hoyt. 
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Nice shots, Art, some good LOLs there.

I've been using the camera to get HUD-free screen shots for a while. Works great, you can zoom & compose just exactly what you want. Makes for good detail screens as well.

I shot one of those river fish once, never got a close look at it. Can you get handbook entries on jellyfish and other aquatic life? Every time I see them, I'm swimming and can't get a weapon out to shoot them.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

cheers guys :)

Hehe mandru, I found those pirates hilarious the way I got them in that pic. They were actually practising something like Aikido or Judo, it was a throw. I'll post one that makes it more obvious here. And yes, it was a river fish that got its own entry in the wildlife section of my handbook.

D_B, I transferred the kudos I got for your camera tip to you already, see tips topic  :) I don't know if it works, I never managed to actually kill jellyfish but apparently only what you kill finds its way into the wildlife section of the handbook. The only way to kill stuff like that is TNT-fishing which I did in a way by lobbing hand grenades and C4 into the water where I had seen them.

Here is a way of defending yourself without weapons. Not the guy to the right, though..
[smg id=5834 type=preview align=center caption="Screenshot0455"]
..more like this:  :-()
[smg id=5835 type=preview align=center caption="Screenshot0480"]

mandru

D_B, if you look at the animals section of the Stat pages it shows each specific species and the number you've killed.  Some of the animals have a " - " in the totals column while others have a " 0 " (zero).

I read that as;  This animal can't be killed and you haven't killed any of these yet, respectively.  An unlisted animal like many of the unkillable bird species that constantly fly in circles through some of the scenery settings or the airborne insects (damsel flies) I would imagine are considered by the developers to be background props rather than actual animals.

Ah, good choice Art.  Kudos where kudos' due.  :-X

I've also seen the Amanaki practicing hand to hand combat throws.  I don't know Art, the guy on the right appears to be displaying what I would consider to be more of an offensive tactic.  :-D
- mandru

Binnatics

:laugh:

Great screencaps Art!

Art Blade

cheers, Binnatics :-D

And thank you, mandru  :)

Binnatics

The head:
[smg id=5840]

Sunrise:
[smg id=5842]

PZ

Excellent shots Binn!  :-X

One request to make things more efficient.  Far Cry 3 native screenshots are in png format, which ends up being about 10 times larger than jpgs, which makes them slow to load and display.  Although it is not a big deal, it is preferable to convert to jpg before upload for performance issues.  ;)

Binnatics

I knew I did something wrong... it took ages to upload those screenies. I'll edit it right away :-[

Edit: Done!! :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳