Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 08, 2012, 07:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

EEEK! :o A moray eel

[smg id=5909 type=preview align=center caption="2013 04 23 00010"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Cool; I've not seen a moray in FC3 before.

mandru

Nice eel!  Makes me want to slip him into a privateer's bed roll.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

Me neither! Good find!! :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

it only took me some 1060+ hours to find one I could take a screenshot of.  :-D I had happened upon ONE other moray eel a few weeks ago but didn't dare to touch it.. this time it attacked me, quite a strong reaction, actually. It triggered a QTE, forcing me to mash CTRL or F or some such.

Here is the location where I found that moray eel: Near Romeo Camp, dive a bit and check the ground. It hides near rocks on the ground.
[smg id=5911 type=preview align=center caption="2013 04 23 00011"]

However, here's a picture of a nice early morning.
[smg id=5910 type=preview align=center caption="Screenshot0792"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

mandru

I find in looking for eels they are usually are pretty deep in the darker blue water on pop up map.  They first appear as a glow like one of the jelly fishes but they undulate and you have to swim towards them to get within range for them to close in and attack you.  I've had better luck finding eels on the outer coast lines of the two main islands rather than the floor of the sea between the two land masses.

With the command line edit for god mode there is no need for the dive deep syringe giving unlimited search time but be aware they will still trigger the QTE and can kill you if you don't mash the proper button in a timely fashion.  Fortunately the button mash response time in the QTE doesn't seem to be as critical as the speedy reflexes needed in the knife fight with Hoyt and the button is usually a "C" or the Space bar on the PC.  At least as far as I can remember it has always been an easy reach left hand key that is required.
- mandru

Art Blade

Animals are not known for having religions hence they don't have to respect a god  mode  :-D It is true, you are bullet proof but still vulnerable to animal attacks. You could bypass that by adding the ignore player cheat so any animal would ignore you but then again the game's wildlife section of the handbook wouldn't register any encounters with animals you hadn't met before.

Dweller_Benthos

So, did you get a page in the wildlife handbook for the moray eel? Might have to go looking for one if that's the case. Same goes for the jellyfish.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

:laugh:
Quote from: Art Blade on April 24, 2013, 07:34:26 AM
Animals are not known for having religions hence they don't have to respect a god  mode  :-D

I'm not so sure about that Art.  My cat is pretty sure He's the center of the universe and all things exist solely for His exclusive amusement (including his personal hand servants) - therefore He must be God.  ;)

D_B, Yes you do get an entry in the handbook for the moray eel but I think the jellies are background scenery (more or less like the random plankton bits floating around when you are diving) and can't be killed.  So no handbook entry for them.

All it takes to get an animal's profile in the handbook is to kill one.  So running under god mode the animals will attack you and some like the crocks, tigers and morays will trigger a life or death QTE.  Adding ignore blocks QTEs along with animal attacks.  I've tested this by jumping onto crocks and walking up on tigers.  :-D

But in my experience so far I've had to play without the ignore command line edit to trigger the appearance of the morays.  It's almost as if there's a proximity requirement for them to show up and quite possibly the ignore feature prevents that from happening.

This last time I played through I noticed that there is an eel that takes a chomp out of you when you grab the relic in the sunken temple just off shore from the outpost called Kell's Boat Repairs.  The temple is there in that shallow bay on the East side of the North island but all I caught was a quick glimpse of the eel as it came out from behind the relic and it did not trigger a QTE.
- mandru

Binnatics

Quote from: mandru on April 24, 2013, 08:54:28 AM
I'm not so sure about that Art.  My cat is pretty sure He's the center of the universe and all things exist solely for His exclusive amusement (including his personal hand servants) - therefore He must be God.  ;)

:laugh: Priceless :-X That's why I love cats ^-^

About the ability to kill animals... when you point at a manta ray the cross-hair turns red, which means you can kill it. So far I haven't killed one. Do you get a page in the book when doing so?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

Yes Binn, mantas do get a page in the handbook when you kill one but like rats or those little green lizards you can't skin them. You would think that Ray Skin would fetch a fairly attractive price when traded in.  ????
- mandru

Art Blade

agree on the cats bit  :-D

I did see a moray eel with ignore player cheat but couldn't kill it because it wouldn't attack me hence no QTE that would have killed it. A pack of C4 might have done the trick but I haven't tried that out. I did throw and detonate hundreds of C4 (unlimited ammo cheat) from a ship which blew up manta rays and sharks but no jellyfish. I am pretty sure that the first river fish I saw and killed with C4 was while I was on ignore player cheat and it didn't produce a handbook entry -- unless I missed something else, that was why I have thought that the ignore player cheat ignored animals that got killed while on it.

PZ

On an aside, it would have been cool for the developers to have included scuba gear in your kit

Binnatics

Heheh, yeah, just in case you meet a scuba moo ^-^

PZ

Art Blade

One of my special ambushes: three mines and three packs of C4 spread out evenly on a road, an explosive carpet..
..and then wait and watch.  >:D
[smg id=5913 type=preview align=center caption="Screenshot0820"]

Binnatics

Some explosions ;)

[smg id=5916]

[smg id=5914]

Art Blade

whoa, impressive  ??? :) What did you do?

PZ

Indeed; reminds me of Art's fireworks  :-X

Art Blade

:-D I've always enjoyed blowing stuff up or setting it alight  :-()
[smg id=5921 type=preview align=center caption="Screenshot0802"]

mandru

Ah yes!  One of my favorites.  "The Dance of the Firefries."  :-D  :-X
- mandru

fragger

Quote from: fragger on April 22, 2013, 03:42:28 PM
That spot in the pics can be gotten to by climbing down vines and ledge-jumping, but the wingsuit is quicker, if trickier.

I forgot to add that it's a bit of a hike, from memory I think you have to start from somewhere on the opposite side of the canyon and w@&k your way around. Canyon? I guess it's more of a fjord, really.

Nice pics guys, btw :-X

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on April 24, 2013, 01:43:31 PM
whoa, impressive  ??? :) What did you do?

The first pic: I have no idea :-D

The second one is the exploding church at the end of one of the coop chapters ^-^

Art Blade

haha, alright  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳