Sniper heaven at the Dogon Village

Started by fragger, August 06, 2011, 07:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

I don't know if anyone has found this spot. Approach the Dogon Village from Sefapane until you reach the fork in the road with the branch on the right that leads to the swamp boat dock. Go straight ahead, bear left up the slope and make your way around the hillside. You'll come to a solitary tree next to a rock, keep going past this and you'll find that you can climb quite high up the slope to this point:

[smg id=3580 align=center width=400]

From here, you get a great panoramic view over the Village, and a primo sniping spot:

[smg id=3581 align=center width=400]

And it's easy to plug the mortar guy from here as you're actually looking down on him slightly. Plus, you're so far away from him that he can't see you!

[smg id=3582 align=center width=400]

I used the Dart Rifle to take out isolated mercs with head shots without alerting the others. Eventually of course one of them came across a downed comrade and raised the alarm, causing all the others to take cover and hide. To get them all to come out and play again, I just pulled out my Mac and sent a few rounds in their general direction – this drew them all out again like moths to a flame. Once the darts ran out, I found that I could keep going north along the hillside where I could still stay elevated and where there were plenty of rocks for cover, bringing me within striking range of my other weapons (Mac and SAW). A few Molotovs thrown into the grass across the road also helped to keep the mercs at arm's length.

Man, I'm really hoping that FC3 offers as much scope for exploration and experimentation as FC2 does :-X

Art Blade

Nice  :) :-X

I had used a different spot which isn't as cool as yours, see here:

Quote from: Art Blade on April 27, 2009, 12:58:35 PM
[smg id=196 type=link align=center width=400]

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Here is my sniping spot at Dogon. I created that entry at night so the images are not as good as yours. Your spot seems to be even higher than mine... I can tell by the tree to the right of the picture, it appears at my images as well but you can see you are on higher ground than me....  :-X

From that slope, once the mortar SOB is down, it' s like shooting ducks.... you can put down one enemy per bullet you have  8)

Nice post, fragger  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Nice w@&k everyone - my normal method of entry is to sneak in silently and take out the mortar guy, then make my way to the high spots above the village (where the ruins are found).

Your sniper positions are ones I simply must try when I get to Bowa - I'm still working my way through the main missions in Leboa.  :-()

mandru

Nice finds fragger and JRD.   :)  :-X

To get up close and personal at the Dogon I like to sneak up and silently take out the mortar man and then w@&k my way up to his position to start cutting heads.   >:D

If the village is approached from the South through the unused spur road on foot (through those abandoned buildings) by keeping to the left you will reach a spot where there is a rock ledge with a short drop down to the ground level the mercs are on.  Before dropping down I use this vantage point to dart rifle the mortar man's head where it pops up just above the rim of the building he's perched on.  After that I drop down off the ledge and climb the ladder for that 2 level building that's right there and start the turkey shoot.

I can usually get 4 or 5 of them with the dart rifle before the alert is sounded but even then when they start running around searching for me I can take out the majority of the rest of them before giving up my perch.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Like JRD mentioned, these varied methods indicate a glimpse into the countless methods available to us in FC2.  :-X

nexor

Nice one fragger, have to try this one when I'm in bowa again      :-X

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳