New feature: diamond videos on the maps

Started by PZ, April 13, 2009, 07:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I just did a test page of having video links to a couple of troublesome diamonds on D_B's maps.  If you want to check it out, go to the Bowa-Seko overview map and then click on the mid-east region (the one containing the Rail X-ing).  Near the rail bridge, look for two video link icons.  Click them and you go to the gallery page where you can start the video.  You can also rate the videos and leave comments to the author for his fine w@&k if you choose.  Click the Back button in your browser and you are returned to the region map.

These initial videos are by spearhead_22 who's starting his new animation job today! Also cool - the camera icon displays a snapshot by D_B, and the FC2 logo leads to the mission description thread for the Rail X-ing.  Lots to check out in one area.  Sure would be great to have something like this for the entire FC2 world.

Please send me a PM if you have a video that you think would be a good addition to the maps.  Also, please forgive me if I've forgotten to add a video to the maps - kind of difficult to keep track of all of them and do my day job - send me a reminder (PM) and I'll have it on the list of to-dos.

Dweller_Benthos

Hey, that's pretty cool, works well. I think I may re-do some or all of those that I did, as separate videos instead of one long one, and crank the brightness so that you can actually see something in the shadows. I think I have a new idea on how to record videos that will make it much simpler, so lets hope it works.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

It looks great PZ..
Every little improvement makes the maps a powerfull tool to gamers.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Thanks guys - just putting into practice what you guys develop.  Great idea about splitting the movies into separate chunks D_B; the shorter versions lend themselves well to video instructions marked on the map. 

I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

Dweller_Benthos

Just uploaded the first one, more to come.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

wqqll

Post removed by moderator / Art

We don't tolerate people to register with us just to spam this nice forum. You are being warned!

Tags:
🡱 🡳