A couple new videos

Started by Dweller_Benthos, May 18, 2009, 06:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I've posted links to these in other threads, but for the people who might not be reading those, here they are.

First up, a series of fun with the hang glider (mostly). Lots of death spins, some nice maneuvers, etc. then a jaunt beyond the waterfall where we end up at the border crossing, and how to get mercs to shoot their buddies.

[smg id=568 type=av align=center]

Then, we have a demo of the time scale setting. How to make the sun & moon zip across the sky. I need to test how fire & plant regrowth works under this too, so I might add another vid to this sometime soon.

[smg id=567 type=av align=center]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Interesting time scale clip - it runs choppy on my home Internet connection (may be due to connection speed) - is it that way in the game?

Dweller_Benthos

The ultra-fast 200,000 timescale looks weird even in game, because it's running so fast I guess. The other ones should look pretty smooth even on youtube. Once they are done processing, there should be a high quality option as well.
D_B

RedRaven

nice, did the loop-the-loop make you dizzy?
keep forgetin to find vid-capture software, havin said that keep forgetin to get some good screen shots too! (did remember to get pic last night tho, put it in gallery)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

Great vids,  the time scale is strange.  How slow can you make it, it could help ricamundo get his missions finished at night.

Also, do the mercs get bothered by the faster time frames?  I imagine you speed it up a little they'll still nap at night and do their different rituals at night time, but when you speed it up too fast, they couldn't possible keep up, so I wonder at what point do the mercs disregard the time scale?

i don't think the console versions would have a place to change this, but I'll look.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on May 18, 2009, 09:43:11 AMHow slow can you make it, it could help ricamundo get his missions finished at night.

to a full stop. freeze time and therewith weather, too.

for details, please check the cheat topic
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yes, timescale zero would be no time advancing I would think. I haven't tried it, but I guess Art did for the cheat topic, so I didn't bother. I would think timescale 1 would make time in the game advance at the same rate as time in the "real world". I haven't tried a negative number, but I think Art did and it didn't have any effect? I watched the mercs a little bit (if the video was higher quality, you could see them in the railyard through the scope) but they didn't seem to change their routine any, I think their actions are on a semi-random cycle and pretty much do whatever whenever.

Oh yeah, new hang glider vid:

[smg id=571 type=av align=center]

Just some really long flights using the vehicle hop. Next one will be more exciting I hope, I'm going to try some high altitude stunts.
D_B

Art Blade

haha, you're crazy going that high :) At the end of flight one you crunched into an occlusion block I believe? (Invisible barriers)

about timescale 0, I did test it and it does stop time and weather conditions as they are when you start the game / load a savegame.

about negative timescale, I used -12 which is far too small a number compared to visible results such as the ones you get at like 2,000. Then again, -12 didn't crash the game... might at worst not do anything, at best reverse the day/night cycle.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Already posted in the other thread that negative timescale has no effect. Oh well.

Here's a new video, with more high altitude stuff, but lots of dives, low-altitude, high speed flying, and yes, crashing into invisible walls. Those are a real pain. Also do some spirals and buzzing guard posts.

The first clip is the amazing hidden med pack near Petro Sahel, and the last clip is a stunt flight under a bridge, so be sure to watch to the end.

[smg id=572 type=av align=center]
D_B

retiredgord

Great fun D_B.  Almost had to take some Gravol there. Kudos.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

I wonder if some of the PC-console "help" commands might be useful. I remember having read a command that allows to set some sort of depth of view or like how far the map will be rendered... using very high altitude gliders reveal a lot of the map unrendered which might be influenceable using those commands. Ideally we could actually see farther with those.

Dweller_Benthos

I think I tried the settings for view, but I don't think they effect how far away something is before it's rendered. Unless I was fooling with the wrong one. The fact that some sections of the landscape seem to render even though they are farther away than ones that aren't is weird. Might be a memory thing, and that's all there is to it, can't be fixed.
D_B

Art Blade

yes... I too noticed that sometimes you get kind of a corridor that renders quite far, whereas left and right is just sky instead of floor.

Tags:
🡱 🡳