Diamonds are a merc's best friend

Started by fragger, March 21, 2011, 05:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

Quote from: PZ on April 11, 2011, 11:33:18 AM
try it now deadman - if you still see the old photo, move your cursor into the image but don't click it.  Then check the url you see in the status bar, there should be a 4-digit number at the end and look like this:

sa=media;in=3182

The number you should see is 3182, which is the ID for the proper picture.  Should you not see this, let me know what number you do see.

No change at all and I do see the number 3182 in the statusbar.  Unlike Art I only see the winterpic no matter what I do, but I see the correct thumbnail in the gallery. This is really strange  ????

PZ

What happens when you right-click the image and open it in a new tab?  ????

Art Blade

when I do that with the pic in fragger's post, the new tab shows the winter pic and the URL is

http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=3182

:-\\ ????
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

The really funny thing is that I have no idea what winter pic you guys are seeing  ???  From the beginning I have only seen the two mercs standing on the upside down hull.  ????

There is one last thing we can try if you guys still keep seeing the old image (I have no idea why, because the pointers and file are proper), but it means shutting down the forum for a few hours  ????

Art Blade

Just for fun I went back to fragger's post and checked the pic (FC2 as preview, winter pic when clicking on it, again the same thing). It occurred to me to do CTRL-F5 again with that pic in front of me (the post) and then cicked it again.. now the pic is correct, in every aspect and no matter what I do, I see the correct pic.

Guys, please try that too.. if you're using FireFox, that is, hit CTRL+F5 while looking at that post. Just in case, you may want to close all tabs and the last tab that will stay open shouldn't be OWG. then hit CTRL+F5 and close FF. Restart FF, and now load OWG, check the post again and maybe do the CTRL+F5 again. Somehow FF likes to keep its cache, so that is why you should do everything to flush/clear it.

PZ, I'll try to find the "original" winter pic.. I have a feeling it was battlefield, brb :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

couldn't find it. I think it was nexor or mmosu who uploaded it but their items don't show it. So my guess is that it was a recent pic before the forum crashed, and the corresponding posts and links are gone but the pic is still there physically but without a valid entry in any folder. It was definitely a landscape (in the mountains) and a weapon with a scope, probably assault rifle, of a game I never played. Could have been ArmAII (which I don't think) but in a way it looked more like a different modern warfare game.

Anyone remembers that pic? Basically bottom right a scoped weapon and the landscape as if looking at a snowy mountain with a few trees. Nothing else in particular.

PZ

One of the reasons Firefox is so fast is it's desire to retain cached content.  For instance, I installed a favicon.ico into the root of OWG so that all OWG tabs show up with the proper favicon in FF - it took days for it to finally show up in my browser.  I'm sure the reverse is also true - using old content for a long time before updating certain changed objects.  The only way to make it happen right now is a complete cache clearance.

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on April 11, 2011, 05:48:22 PMcouldn't find it. I think it was nexor
Quote from: Art Blade on April 11, 2011, 05:33:03 PMPZ, I'll try to find the "original" winter pic.. I have a feeling it was battlefield, brb :)

It was indeed nexor and BattleField and it did vanish ;D He mentioned it in the shoutbox:

QuoteThat would be me Art, a screenshot from BFBC2. At least I think it's the one I posted, it should have been in BFBC 2's forum but seems to have vanished. I'll post it again in a moment. Done, in BFBC2 game ratings forum

And here is the pic:

[smg id=3193 width=400]

fragger

That definitely doesn't look like the barge mission :-D

Nice pic though, I don't think I saw that one the first time around :-X

mandru

What ever you guys did it brought back more than the barge mission screen shot.  The entire "Goatling roast with beans" conversation Art initiated on the "Comfort food" thread has also returned.  I'm betting other observed lost posts may have also once again risen from crypt.  They're alive!   >:D  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on April 15, 2011, 09:03:50 PM
...The entire "Goatling roast with beans" conversation Art initiated on the "Comfort food" thread has also returned...
^+-+  still my favorite funny post!

Art Blade

LOL I smell a title change coming up  ^+-+

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

mandru

OK, the sequence of posts is:

Quote from: PZ on April 15, 2011, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: mandru  on April 15, 2011, 09:03:50 PM
...The entire "Goatling roast with beans" conversation Art initiated on the "Comfort food" thread has also returned...
^+-+  still my favorite funny post!

Quote from: Art Blade on April 16, 2011, 08:41:28 AM
LOL I smell a title change coming up  ^+-+
*yellow highlight is my edit   ;D*

Quote from: mandru  on April 16, 2011, 12:58:20 PM
^+-+   8-X

Quote from: Art Blade on April 16, 2011, 01:02:07 PM
go ahead :-D

Bringing me to this post and what I wasn't going to say.   ;)

Spoiler

Does it smell like burning beans?   ^+-+

- mandru

PZ

Art Blade

I do notice a change of my title. Hehe, good one, mandru  :-() :-X

PZ

^+-+  :-X
Excellent, mandru!  ^+-+

Art Blade

I have yet another new title  ^+-+

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳