Funny moments

Started by PZ, April 06, 2010, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Hehe tehsam016 :)

Sounds like you and I have identical hobbies.. I too love to make govmen feel the abrupt change from high speed to being stationary or to have them explore alternative exits from highways ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Two things, one may be a tip, try it yourself:

When I see a motorcyclist, I like to shoot his bike once or twice with my fully upgraded MG. Many times it catapults the bike or the guy off and away at an insane speed, he'd flail and sometimes even disappear in the distance LOL

Just now I watched a spectacular stunt involving a govmen jeep and the facboys whose car I was surfing. It was night time. The jeep came frontally at us rather fast, my shots made it flip and set it alight at the same time. The jeep jumped extremely high, like 10 or more metres, and both the passenger facman and I kept shooting at it mid-air which made it explode high in the sky, its burning spare parts came raining down at us like an umbrella  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

I witnessed a stunt drive performed by some facboys. It happened in some desert village near a T-junction. The boys came bombing down the long straight road where to the left of the road before the junction some wooden plates formed a ramp. They noticed a stationary govmen jeep and decided to turn left, and hit the ramp. The result was a stunning high corkscrew jump which sent them right on top of the govmen who were already shouting and shooting. Jolly good show, I have to say  ;D

Art Blade

Location X:10389 Y:20722

That is a hill with some trees between the hill and the road. If you go to that spot, you can see a gas station and the obligatory govmen threatening civilians lying on the ground next to their jeep. When you do some damage, the govmen get all excited and will spot you, but.. can't reach you. The result is you'll see military jeeps race up and down the road frantically trying to drive to your position. Even better, their bikes are on the road, too.. more often than not, they are headed towards one another and the jeep govmen frequently run their bike govmen over. Hilarious ;D

I found that out recently, it basically works with every elevated location and a nearby road, sometimes they even climbed the hill when your position was too close to the road. The spot above is perfect, they never got to me and I stayed in their line of sight to enjoy this rather spectacular example of govmen's brilliant tactics.  :)

Art Blade

Military Base in the Southeast, X:30200 Y:27777 (when completed)

There is a wooden bridge with a roof connecting two parts of the compound. Under the bridge is just rock, a chasm. When you go far enough away from the bridge while you can still see it, civilian traffic will spawn on the bridge and drive down the chasm like lunatics and then get angry because they can't go anywhere so they start to honk down there (or explode, hehe). Some try to climb the walls, others just flip. LOL

Just hijacked some vehicles and drove around there.. so strange :)

tehsam016

Hm that's quite weird and funny I'll certainly have to visit there sometime soon :)

Art Blade

I was driving a Sakura Aquila Metro ST (kind of a souped-up "rice car", of course with rear spoiler, although the spoiler doesn't look like an airliner's landing gear). However, it is fast and handles very erm, spontaneously and therefore caused me to crash it a couple of times into other vehicles. One of which happened to be a govmen's jeep I tried to overtake. So I slid around a corner, dropped out and hid behind a lone nearby gas station. Since I hadn't shot anybody, the heat wasn't high and I managed to wait it out behind the building as my pursuers were a bit slow on foot. Knowing that once the govmen are after you (they had observed how I disappeared behind the station) they keep going even if the heat is off, I snuck around the other side and was able to watch them home in on the station, weapons at ready and all that.. Quite funny to watch those who want to get you and would have shot the living daylight out of you, if only.. hehe  ;D

Art Blade

I just heard a nice govmen line. I had parked my car not far from govmen, and when I got back, one of them seemed to be about to inspect my car. I was just about to enter my car unobtrusively when he said in a very mean voice,

"I put my eyes on you. "

I nearly choked on my coffee ;D

I wonder how he'd have reacted on a line like "no thanks, buddy, keep 'em. I've already got a pair of my own."  ;D

fragger

;D ;D

"I put my eyes on you".

"Good - then you won't see what's coming..."

PZ

Good tips, Art - I'll need to get back into the game and try some of those - the endless types of antics performed by govmen is what keeps the game interesting even when you've completed all of the missions.  :-X

Art Blade

Thanks, guys :) The game has got an immense play (avoiding "re-" play) value. You finish the main (agency) missions at some point and you will run out of faction missions eventually, yet you don't have to stop or start over. You can just go on playing and there will be many things to try and try differently.. I'm on 200+ hours game play without getting bored.  :)

Art Blade

Have you PC guys using BOLOpatch with strong ropes ever tried to tether two civilian cars together and watched what might happen? I just did.

First I stopped my bike right on the road creating a traffic jam. In the queue were two Sakura Aquila Metro STs (those with rear spoilers and quite strong engines) next to each other, so I tethered them together. I cleared the road and hoped for something funny.

The tug dragged the other car behind it, as expected, and both cars were trying to stay on the road. The front car had a little difficulty uphill and slid off the road, both cars disappearing in some kind of a ditch but they managed to get back on track. The rear car finally flipped on its side and got dragged along for some time, sparks coming from where it scratched along the tarmac. After a while it flipped onto its roof, and now slid smoothly as a luge toboggan behind the leading car. I watched the front tyres of the sunny-side-down car flick left and right, trying to find a way out, hehe.. Then they stopped. The driver of the sled hopped out and stood still on the road, the dragging car pulled away and the sledge followed like a little dog. Then the dog caught fire. Not long after that, to be expected, the mistreated vehicle finally blew up. The hulk got carried away, once in a while bowling a pedestrian or a bike down. When I released the grapple, the hulk disappeared.

Kind of funny thing to do if you've got some spare time :)

Art Blade

In Panau City are a lot of really tall skyscrapers. I was just grapple-climbing one of the tallest when I noticed a Cassius 192 approach from the right rather closely. When the plane disappeared behind the building I predicted its trajectory taking into account its speed and looked up and left expecting to be able to watch it pass. But when it should have passed, nothing happ.. hold it, there is a massive black cloud of smoke, fire and debris up there! Missed the bang (sound glitch?) but well, that pilot sure wasn't as juicy as moments before any more. Got to be careful climbing high buildings these days, one might get whacked by a goddamned aeroplane!

Art Blade

ROFL! I need a break! Muahahahaha! I'm in the middle of a race, will edit the name in when I finished it.

That race is basically around half of Panau on motorways, on the "wrong" lane. You get a bloody fast car to race with. Hell, I already knew that some bridges have got transitions that w@&k like ramps (where the bridge starts or ends) right where it connects to whatever terrain. So I took one of those ramps at full speed, careened like a maniac over the side of the bridge and naturally lost the car. So I called my BMD and ordered a Garret Taver-Z, upgraded to the max, and resumed the race. Only $40,000 but racing always was an expensive sport. Unfortunately, right after having reached top speed again, I happened upon another bridge. Of course it was like a ramp again so I lost that car, too. After like 20 seconds. Same proceedure as before, and after having spent another $40,000 I took off again. Again, top speed reached, I had to pass one of those goals which are huge rings on fire that block your sight a little. At least enough to camouflage a govman on his bike.. When I went through that ring I saw something small flash towards me, heard a sounding CRACK! and saw bike and govman sail almost through the top of my screen. Whoa! That impact had turned my car around and off the track. So I wheeled it around, pedal to the metal, and tried to get back on the road again. When I finally was right on track gaining speed again, that govman came flapping down from the skies and did a real proper faceplant a couple of metres away from me, nice cracking sound, too. I opened my mouth, you know, going to say "what the.." but right then the govman's smoking bike came from the skies like a fricking comet. A lot farther away, yet still well visible though, and disappeared behind a cliff where I heard it detonate. Now I could finish my question "..heck?" and started to laugh, oh man! What a funny accident during a race!

The race isn't finished yet. I hope I won't have to buy too many cars, then  ;D

Edit: The Raya Race, a three-stars car race at X:26800 Y:11300. 32 goals, finish is almost at Panau International Airport, you race counter-clockwise around the map. I finished with 04:13 minutes. I kept my car (had a couple of minor accidents) but finally wrecked it after passing the finishing line, thanks to a facman's car that performed a beautiful and violent headbutt to my grill.   :D ;D

Art Blade

Found something new that made me laugh: I was surfing on a faction's car and thought about stuff to tether to it (à la wrecking ball). Most of the stuff so far had been too heavy (like other cars or bikes) so I tried one of those news stands or fruit stands you see quite often next to streets and roads. That was hilarious! They are light enough to follow like a kangaroo, bouncing frantically all the time, and keep bowling down pedestrians and bikers. I had a good time just watching that thing, and it was even funnier when I jumped off the car and watched it drive away with that jumping news stand following it around a corner  ;D ;D ;D

fragger

That would make a good exchange at the local coroner's office:

"So what happened to this guy?"

"He got run over by a news stand".

PZ

Nice reads, Art  :-X

I now always use the Bolo mod with the strong/multiple wires enabled.  I love to surf the facman vehicles, start a fight, and then grapple the govmen vehicles to the ground or to other vehicles.  I need to try some of the techniques you describe - sound like fun!  ;)

Art Blade

lol fragger  :-X ;D

PZ, cheers :) Actually, I can't imagine to play JC2 without that BOLOpatch any more, especially the strong ropes "got me hooked"  ;) I admit that the god mode and unlimited ammo also add a lot to my personal gaming experience and fun.

tehsam016

I think i'm on the last mission because it's the most ridiculous i've played so far. At the moment i'm on the mission where you disarm a couple rockets soaring through the air, but the boss (cant remember his name right now) is constantly shooting at you while he's on another rocket. The premise itself is so out there I think it's quite hilarious and unique as i've never really seen anything like it in a game. Anyway, hopefully I beat it soon, i wanna get back to causing random chaos but it's kinda giving me a little trouble. Any suggestions?

Art Blade

What is giving you troubles, mate? The rocket ride mission I think? Which indeed is hilarious and something so far out, neither had I seen something like that before :) Unfortunately I don't remember much of it, I've only played it once and basically all I know is that you've got to run around the rockets and disarm them while riding on them. I'm sure you'll manage eventually :)

PZ

I can't recall exactly how I accomplished it other than I randomly kept grappling from one rocket to another while shooting at the guy - then he seemed to take cover from time to time which gave me a few seconds to enter the code on the farthest rocket.  It seemed to get easier with each rocket.

fragger

"Rocket man, burning out his fuse up here alone..."

(Except for that other damned guy shooting at me...)

Art Blade

"The advertising industry has gone completely bonkers. Look at those suppositories they're riding up over there."

tehsam016

Haha well I finally beat that mission last night. Found out I just wasn't shooting at him before, so I couldn't disarm them since he was constantly unloading on me. So last night I just got out my m4 and unloaded on him a few times while disarming all the bombs but overall I was surprised how easy it was. I love how Rico didn't take the high road like heroes in most games, and set the rocket to fly into the oil field (with the boss on board), however it would've been nice to set where it went yourself/decide whether to kill him or not. Besides that I thought it was a pretty extreme moment which perfectly went along with the games already crazy atmosphere, so it fit.

Tags:
🡱 🡳