Funny moments

Started by PZ, April 06, 2010, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I'm sure that there will be funny in game moments to share in the future, but here are a couple of observations on the game's construction.

• The black market dealer sounds like Sam Elliot.  The music that plays when he speaks is reminiscent of the music in Escape From New York.
  • When you're gliding for extended times, the music that plays is reminiscent of the old Clint Eastwood westerns (like The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly)

PZ

I had to laugh when a govman was working his way across the road toward me (shooting all the way in his SEAL pose) when a civilian truck came down the road and ran him over.  The surprised sounds he made as he died reminded me of the stupid mercs in FC2  ;D

Art Blade

LOL! That reminds me of a scene in a movie when some guy wanted to scare another guy with fancy kung fu moves, showing off like hell, when the other guy just shrugged, whipped out a pistol, and shot him dead.  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on April 11, 2010, 06:39:17 PM
LOL! That reminds me of a scene in a movie when some guy wanted to scare another guy with fancy kung fu moves, showing off like hell, when the other guy just shrugged, whipped out a pistol, and shot him dead.  ;D

Indiana Freakin' Jones my friend!

Randome accidents and stuff happens all the time on Panau - it's awesome.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

So InBanana Jones, eh?  ;) thanks, space, I couldn't place it. I always liked hence remembered that scene even if I had forgot the title of the movie  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

quick bit of trivia on that scene.  The enemy was actually wielding a huge sword and swinging it around.  Harrison Ford was supposed to grab a sword and do some moves or something and fight the guy.  But he was quite ill that day and didn't feel like it so he just pulled out the pistol and "shot"  him.  It is a much better scene that way, obviously, it shows what a little improvising can do  (hmmm, I think that's why PZ and I are liking JC2 so much!)

PZ

lol, I remember that scene, and you're absolutely correct, space - that is why we like JC2 so much  :-X

batdog

Funniest moments so far:

Crashing a refuse lorry into a statue and getting crushed to death.
Flipping a sports car when try to pull down a statue.
Destroying a statue on the edge of a mountain, parachuting off and watching Baby Panay's head rolling and rolling into the valley below.
Car surfing a govman's car and using the double grapple to pull out the occupants.
Over-eager govmen motorcyclists plunging off a bridge during a hectic pursuit.

But my highlight, which might sound tame to others, was whilst I was being chased. All I had was a pistol, I was car surfing on some poor Panauan's car and was being doggedly pusued by a motorcyclist. He pulled alongside at top speed.  I zoomed in with the pistol but my shots were lousy.  I missed him several times then decided to aim for his front tyre.  Again my aim was poor so I focussed even more on his front wheel, all the time speeding down the road.  The next thing....BAM!...he was gone. He had ploughed into the back of a parked govmen car. The suddenness with which he disappeared from view was hilarious.

spaceboy

those are great stories batdog!   I often try to get a chasing motorcycle to plow into oncoming traffic and things (or edge him off a cliff)  But the random factor is always more funny.

JRD

I`m amazed as how many funny moment you can pull whilst engaging a statue - 3 out of 5!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I can almost see the events in my mind's eye as you express them, batdog - great moments for sure, and some new things for me to try.  I didn't expect the game to be such a good "sandbox" when we first started talking about it  :-X

Art Blade

very funny story about the suddenly disappearing motorcyclist  ;D :-X

That reminds me of TDU (TestDrive Unlimited) when I was racing a motorcyclist on a highway, both of us on the wrong side ("ghost drivers"). I was doing an amazing speed already in my sports car while he was even faster and ahead of me. Then a huge lorry appeared to come flying at us, left from me, but in front of the motorcyclist. He couldn't dodge and hammered into the grill sprawled, like spiderman on a façade of some tall building, motorbike flipping away, and he was gone, all a matter of split seconds. I crashed my car several times after that because I was laughing so hard and nearly didn't see the finish, best race ever  ;D

eor123

Love it when the govmen yell, "Frank him!"

;D
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

Quote from: eor123 on April 19, 2010, 10:14:10 AM
Love it when the govmen yell, "Frank him!"

;D

LOL  :-X  Especially funny to me due to my part Asian heritage!

Art Blade

:)

I like the Indian singsong you sometimes hear, as in "We've hostiles in the area! Sending all available units!"  ;D

PZ

One that I'm also fond of:

"He's trying to hide..."  Using the same derisive tone that the FC2 mercs use when saying "Well, look what we got!"

...and another one that is particularly funny after you've exploded nearly everything in an area and killed almost everyone: "I think we got him on the run!"

Art Blade

govman exclaiming "I've wounded him!" and then dies himself. lol ;D

eor123

"You piece of dung!"   ;D

My goodness, the civilians in Panau sure are a bunch of sniveling cowards when the shooting starts. When they run away from the shooting, they sometimes remind me of those hilarious grunts in Halo when they flailed their arms while screaming "Run... Away!"

I pulled Pinay's head off the statue with the helicopter, flew around for a while with it dangling -- was a odd, funny moment , and there have been several in this game. I have found myself staring at the screen on a few occasions,  wondering WTF just happened? You can really do some outrageous things with vehicles and not die.

I love tethering unusual things [ and people]  together.  I tethered one of those three wheeled carts to a statue and watched while the cart buried its rear end in the pavement trying to move.

I almost grappled onto a passing airplane while hang gliding. I think that would have been a real trip. I wonder if you can do so and ride the wings?
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

spaceboy

now it sounds like your getting into it the JC2 way eor!  Yes you can grapple onto a flying plane but you'll ride the fuselage not the wings!  You can even plant C4 on it, jump off then detonate while parachuting...

Art Blade

excellent, I love the destructive elements that game has to offer! Taking out an aeroplane mid-air with c-4 sounds big fun  ;D

spaceboy

be aware the big passenger jets take more than one C4, maybe like 3.  I tried it with one but it didn't do enough damage.  I almost felt the pilots laughing at me as I floated down  :(

Art Blade

If you've got only one c-4 with you, place it on the windshield of a big passenger jet. If you don't take out the entire plane, at least the pilots will get it.  ;D

PZ

Hey space, did you upgrade your C-4?  I'm curious as to how much damage upgrading can cause because I've upgraded my frags to the max, and a single grenade can take out a vehicle in a large explosion now.

spaceboy

I have but not all the way.  I wish it explained what each upgrade did.  I assumed it was only how many you can carry or clip size in guns.  That was the only noticeable effect to me.  But bigger explosions sounds good to me...

PZ

It does get expensive, the first is 5 parts, the second 10 or 15 (don't exactly remember), and it goes up from there.  I did notice that each time you get 2 more grenades for a total of 20 on my casual level.  Interestingly, whether you carry 10 or 20 grenades, the price is the same from the black market dealer (BMD) - $30,000, so the investment in upgrade parts in a maxed out explosive effectively cuts the price in half.  This is good to know if you're a grenade kind of guy (Art)  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳