Funny moments

Started by PZ, April 06, 2010, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I've taken that into serious consideration.  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Of course, that's a problem only with the vanilla game on the PC and the console versions of the game.  A $30,000 C-4 set costs only $3,000 using the black market mod on the PC, and weapon upgrades are free  ;D

eor123

Just learned how to vid capture and upload to youtube via the PS3.

I had just finished the "Second Amendment" mission with The Reapers, been in a huge firefight in a nearby village, had one chopper shot out form other me and the one I commandeered was about to blow. Saw an interesting structure in the middle of nowhere. I could see something in through the window so I landed to check it out.

My first JC2 easter egg, I suppose -- and funny as Hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkNngAZ1UcA
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

lol, I'd read about that bubble gum gun - does it do anything good?

I noticed how you grabbed the edge of the window and hoisted yourself up - a quick way in structures like this is to grapple to the inside ceiling and then just drop to the floor - you don't need to aim as accurately, and ends up quicker.

Great movie, and keep 'em coming!

spaceboy

great find eor - and nice capture.  I think I heard the govmen are supposed to basically act annoyed at the bubble gun.  Can't wait to find it myself!  Thanks for the tip on the location  :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

eor123

I didn't take the bubble gun with me. I was having a hard enough time staying alive with the real weapons.  >:(

Getting away from these guys and getting the heat level down is easy in the urban areas. Elsewhere, it has proven to be pretty challenging, even on Casual setting.

I just drove the prostitute in the pink stretch limo, protecting her from Colonel "Boom Boom." That thing handles for s#!t. We ended up in the water, stole another car, got t-boned by a govman jeep, and had to run to the drop off point.

I have embraced the absurdity, fully.  ;D

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

batdog

QuoteI noticed how you grabbed the edge of the window and hoisted yourself up - a quick way in structures like this is to grapple to the inside ceiling and then just drop to the floor - you don't need to aim as accurately, and ends up quicker.

When I played the demo I did exactly this in one of the bell towers, not realising that there's a bell inside.  I grappled to the bell rather than the ceiling.  My weight was obviously too much as (still attached to the bell) I smashed through the floor and ended up injured on the ground.  Try it out for a laugh.

spaceboy

eor - yes embrace the absurdity.  and honestly, what you described in that limo mission is EXACTLY why I love games like this.  If you just drove with no real obstacles or challenges, that'd be no fun.  Plus, and maybe more importantly, you completed it using different resources, your own decisions etc.  A similar mission in a linear game would have you restarting the limo mission everytime you crashed it.  Adapting to the crazy world around you is what makes it so much fun.  And it wouldn't be exactly the same if you did it again!   I love the fact that you completed it with you and your "package" running to the drop off point.  Come-on that's A-Team material right there!

batdog - funny story about the bell.  Another hilarious and unexpected moment!

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Spaceboy's comments described my appreciation for the game perfectly - I have also done that mission, and I agree with you about the handling of that limo - in my case, I actually managed to run it into the forest and was slipping/sliding among the trees until the thing wouldn't move again.  We took another car or two, but like you, me and my gal started running for it and finally made it to the drop zone.

Interesting observation on the bell, batdog - although I've been to a few Church towers, I've not seen one yet, but will be on the lookout.  In fact, I'm in a village that I'm part way through, and am hearing a large bell - will see what I can do when the heat dies down  ;D

Man, this game is fun  ;)

eor123

I rang the bell once jumping into and out of one of those bell towers.

On the mission where you assassinate a witness in Panau City, I took the opportunity to mow him down with the car but had to shoot my way out of the area after I crashed onto a wall. Caught a glimpse of what I thought was a girl in a bikini firing a gun.

After 36 hours of gameplay, the AI dialogue is getting a little stale but the line, "You're gonna die like an An-i-mal! still makes me chuckle.

Art Blade

Funny story, batdog, plummeting through the floor of a bell tower, embracing the bell! LOL
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

Rico doesn't talk a lot but I heard a few good lines...

"Someday they are going to write books about all of this." [When flying below a bridge]

"It's good wasting someone else's tax dollars for a change." [When destroying a large  broadcast tower]

"I don't think I've ever seen cannibal zombie soldiers before."

eor123

Someone compiled and posted this on the eidos forum. Pretty funny stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye_LV1klqDA

PZ

lol, good ones - Rico certainly has a dry sense of humor  :-X

Art Blade

Hahaha! That vid and its music are a perfect match  ;D :-X

Actually, I haven't laughed so hard in a good while, watched it three times in a row now and still shaking with laughter  ;D ;D ;D

eor123

Experienced a funny glitch and other weirdness last night:

In the first instance, when I grappled a bell tower I accidentally hooked the bell, which fell on top of me. After some very strange and involuntary "gymnastics" I ended up trapped between the floors of the bell tower.

I continued to take fire and even got hit by a few rounds.

In a last ditch effort, I tried to blast my way out -- with an odd result. I had to suicide myself to get out eventually. 

[smg id=2267 type=av]

In the second, my assault had a promising beginning with a couple of good tosses from the parachute. Things got weird when I accidentally grappled the sniper in the water tower. I'm not sure why the tower exploded in my face -- perhaps a result from enemy fire directed at me. After I hit the ground, I was playing "catch up" for the remainder of the assault, not being able to get to cover.

[smg id=2269 type=av]

Common theme here -- missed grapple shots. Makes for weirdness.  :-X

Art Blade

hehehe nice one  ;D :-X

PZ

It's interesting that you ended up inside the building (with no way out)  What did you use to try to blast yourself out, and what was the odd result that you experienced?

eor123

Tried grappling, shooting, and then triggered explosive as shown in the clip. Went to the corner to minimize damage. The odd result is the "dance" that Rico does in the corner after the blast. I wasn't doing that.

I thought when I saw the debris that I had blasted through. 

I sat on a grenade. That got me out -- so to speak.

PZ

Quote from: eor123 on May 02, 2010, 09:57:23 AM
I sat on a grenade. That got me out -- so to speak.

That's one heck of a wild ride!  ;D

On another funny moment, I was doing a military base and was listening to the banter a bit more, and I get a chuckle out of the things the govmen say even when they're hopelessly out-gunned.  For instance, I was mowing down everything is sight with the minigun, including a horde of govmen rushing my position.  They fell stalks of wheat before a sickle and one of them had the nerve to say "we've got him on the run!" while another shouted "he's bleeding like a stuck pig!" and "you're gonna die like an animal!".  All the while another group was approaching from the side hoping to catch me unaware, but unfortunately for them, I franked the lot.

Art Blade

quite flankly, that was hillarious  ;D

PZ

Art Blade

;) ;D ;D ;D Overdoing it a little, there is one "l" too many in hilarious, though.  ;D

PZ

Oh? I thought you were referring to the hill that I used to frank them  ;)

Art Blade

No, I tlied to spell flankly light  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳