Funny moments

Started by PZ, April 06, 2010, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

;D I knew you'd get it sorted  :-X Funny how one sometimes misses out on the simplest things, like forgetting to shoot at someone  ;D

When the oil field blew up I thought the fireworks displayed were most impressive :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I just finished the game for the second time (console) and am at a bit over 30% completion.  Now, I'm doing the rest of the faction missions and just visiting towns causing chaos, etc.  This game is still a blast and I can't wait to get back into Panau.

Art Blade

I played JC2 so excessively I need a little break, so I finished a playthrough in AC2 and now.. maybe collect feathers in AC2 to see a reward or two I haven't seen yet, and I reckon I'll get back to FC2 after that.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes, I was in the same position as you, playing JC2 endlessly, and then RDR came out which was a great diversion.  However, I must say that of the two, JC2 is my favorite, but I'm sure to be back in New Austin (RDR) some time soon.  It might be after a detour through 15th century Italy though.  ;D

Art Blade

PZ

I had a funny (peculiar) moment - was doing a military installation and heard the normal yelling about how they've got me on the run, and I'm bleeding like a stuck pig.  Only, the funny thing is that there was not a single soul in the place - lots of voices, but no one to shoot at.  It definitely was the easiest military base I'd ever done.

Art Blade

lol, I like that "stuck pig" line. I noticed that sometimes govmen spawn inside closed buildings, like hangars for instance. They might have sensed you and started complaining.

In my case I could hear those stuck pigs and see hands or parts of weapons penetrate the walls from the inside, yet I couldn't shoot those bits. I think I once successfully blew them to bits applying c-4 to that wall.  :)

PZ

I've experienced the govmen inside buildings as well, but they've always been shooting at me while I can't get them.  However, if I use a rocket launcher in a helo, or throw a grenade (maxed out with weapons parts), it deals with them quite well.

On this particular occasion, it was different - no one was in the area (not even one), and no one ever took a shot at me, which is what made this one somewhat unique.

Art Blade

hehe, a true ghost town  :)

PZ

I hadn't thought if it that way, but you're absolutely correct!  :-X

Art Blade

PZ

I was doing a military installation in the southeast military island and grappled to a Quonset hut - when I attempted to jump off, I ended up inside the building and it's walls were transparent.  The govmen knew I was there and even fired a time or two, but the bullets could not go in or out.

While it was fun to closely observe their antics without being shot, I did have to kill myself to get out.  :-X

Art Blade

hehe, nice :) I think this is the first time I heard about a bug in the mesh (clipping) of JC2.

PZ

This was definitely a first for me - I'd never been inside a transparent building before.  ;D

PZ

Funny moment this morning:

As I was clearing out one of the communications outposts using a helicopter, a govman Jeep came rushing up the road, then veered off toward my copter.  What the driver failed to notice was that there was a 300 meter cliff that he was driving over.  The govman hanging out the door exclaimed "We got him on the run!"  as the vehicle sailed through the air on it's way to a gravity-induced destiny.

Art Blade

that sounds hilarious  ^+-+

seth

I was coasting into the beach with a speedboat real laid back, when all of a sudden some common panau military in a boat ran ashore very slowly.  Then they all screamed in unison as if they rehearsed.   After they were on the beach in the boat for like 2 seconds the boat explodes and their rag-dolls are sent flying... the timing of it was so hilarious. 

Another time i was driving down the road through one of the little towns, and i just saw a guy catapulting over the road in front of me at about 40 or 50 feet in the air.  I still have no idea why.

I love the randomness of that very fluid game world.

PZ

That's a good one - have never seen that one before  :-X

I also appreciate the fluid nature of the Panauan world.

If you use mods, then you might like the faction helicopters mod, which allows the faction guys to fly in choppers, drive the military vehicles on the road, and much more.  In fact, they'll come to your aid while you fight the military police, which can make for some lively (and funny) action.

Welcome to OWG  ;)

Art Blade

welcome, seth :)

Indeed, JC2 is one of the best environments I have seen in a game that I can think of. With a couple of mods in place, it can be turned into a big holiday.. I like to just drive around in a car without getting shot at every two seconds, but I still can't help myself and start to blow things up and shoot randomly at faction members and stuff if it gets too quiet  ;D

Fiach

So, I got this faction mission (Reapers) to catch a guy (Cheng) in his limousine and bring him to a drop off point for interrogation, seemed easy enough, but I could never catch the bugger, he was in a limo, going down a mountain all hairpin bends, I was literally going down a mountain vertically on a dirt bike!, on one of my reloads, on the way down I actually hit a "stunt" ramp and went sailing across the mountain, kinda like the bicycle going across the moon in ET.

It was worth all the frustration just for that scene.

Of course the proper way to do that mission is to not follow Chen, but go down the other side and intercept him .... but .... proper ways are for pussies  >:D
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

mate, that post is pure gold.  ^+-+ :-X

spaceboy

Fiach, is this the mission you're talking about?  I thought it was awesome and I found the stunt ramp purely by accident the first time as I just went straight towards the green icon of the limo.  My first run wasn't this fluid, but here's a perfected attempt.

Just Cause 2 skydive limo jack

..and for fun...tuk tuk go boom

Just Cause 2 tuk tuk go boom
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Fiach

Yes mate thats the mission :), but .... thats not the ramp I mean, its about 2 or 3 hairpin levels below that :)

The mission wasnt great for me, maybe I missed something *shrugs*.

The way I did it was, I went the opposite direction to you, if you look at your play, you get on the bike and go right-ish, I actually went left, straight over the lip, stopped at the road edge and waited for Cheng to arrive. Took him a minute or so, I then rode parrallel to his car and "stunted" onto it, killed the bodyguard and drove the rest of the way.

I found it pretty boring tbh, the car couldnt go fast as it was a limo and of course the hairpin bends made it even more impossible, luckily the car was built like a tank, but the rest of the journey was just plodding along at abou 30 miles per hour, with various cops etc smashing into me until I got to the drop off.

I had more fun the way you went, but I also found it more annoying too, its probably only the second time I drove in the game and I was continually asking why they even bothered with road missions as the driving is so borked.  >:D
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

as far as I remember, I went after the car. First on a bike, later with the chute (no mod). However, I got it sorted out in the end  :)

PZ

I kind of remember this mission - almost all of the missions where I need to capture a vehicle start with grapple/chuting for me - at lease in 2nd or 3rd plays through because I became proficient in that mode of travel.

Tags:
🡱 🡳