Troublesome diamonds: On the rail car in Petro Sahel

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 26, 2009, 06:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

This one also requires a but of trick jumping. It has been suggested to leave these for later in the game when your stamina is higher and your malaria level is low, so you have maximum strength to make the jump.

Get up on the middle oil tank, you can see the briefcase on top of the rail car. Walk over to the landing at the top of the stairs and get up on the railing. You may need to jump towards the railing from the landing by facing down the stairs so you are landing on the railing below you.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Once on the railing, run and jump at the last second to the top of the rail car where the diamond is.

[smg id=4845]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

retiredgord

I don't know if this will w@&k easily (I'm on PS3) but I move the truck to below my jumpline go to the top of the tank to the closest railing and then looked down, jumped to the top corner and power jumped( left joystick down, (like spurt running) and then jumped.  I jumped and did not stop the power in time and fell off the other side.  The second time was good.  The truck was there to prevent a costly loss of health and having  saved at the safehouse to the East made this one a bit easier.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

It's rather stupid of devs to place a diamond case in a place where you have to try and try and try and try till you get there.
I think is very nice to look for them, to realise you can't just walk in and grab them and use your imagination to find a way to do so. Or when they place the case in an enemy infested area... that are all challenging and I admire that
But to do this particular  jump.... blaaaaaaaarghhh
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I died once when trying that diamond, so I haven't tried again since.  Someone mentioned putting your truck between you and the rail car so if you fall, it is only onto the truck - good idea - may try that one.

Dweller_Benthos

Are all you guys on consoles? That's the only thing I can figure is giving everyone problems with these jumps. The only one I had to try more than once was the one from rock to rock at the fort. The rest were no problem, even so easy I wondered what the big deal was. Try some of the trick jump maps made for Half Life 2 or Wolfenstein and you'll see what a hard jump is. Not to mention the insane stuff people do in Portal.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Yeah, I'm one of the console guys, but my excuse is incompetence when it comes to game playing.  I can plan relative well, but the execution leaves much to be desired (still playing mostly on easy), but I don't care... having great fun!   ;D

retiredgord

The jumping part was getting on my nerves also.  I tried dozens of times to jump spaces (I'm on PS3) and only really lucked out when I was running my a$$ off trying to escape the merscs and accidently pushed down on the left joystick.  Imagine my surprise when I thought I had won a Gold in long jump.  After I made buzzard meat of those guys I tried a few more times then went back to those troublesome spots.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳