Railroad bridge mission

Started by PZ, February 27, 2009, 03:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Started off at the northeast bus stop, was attacked by the grenade assault guys as I was getting into my car so I did them in and went south toward the safe house by the cell phone tower. Shot the RPG guy just south of that, then stole a grenade boat to continue my way south. Blew up the guard post, stole the buggy and drove to a spot beneath the bridge. Walked topside and met with Nasreen to hand her the fuse. She set it off and I ran to the guard post near the glider (the AI had not even arrived yet. The bridge blew and the AI stormed the place - threw 5 grenades which took care of most of them. The point is that there are many different ways to accomplish a mission, and lots of things to do on the way.

JRD

When I first played that mission I came down the river all the way since the northeastern sector of the map. By the time I reached the area under the bridge I start going up the way through the small pathway when, about halfway up, I reached a ledge overlooking the river and the barge, right under the bridge. I shot the RPG guy across the river and a few merc too. A few grenades tossed from above did the rest of them. I went down (almost dying as I slided down the rocky wall... what a dumb a$$!!), found my way to the diamond hidden in the waterfall (which made me go too far and AI respawned, and died again, of course). A quicksave allowed me to kill the target in the barge, but I had to see that bridge blowing up, so I went up and handled the fuse to Marty and watched the fireworks!!! Sweeeeet memory... it was a beautyfull sunny day hahahahahaha
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Great story - I'll need to try that out because I've only done the standard mission with the fuse.  The very first time I headed toward the railroad bridge, I came down that river from the safe house by the cell tower.  An RPG guy blew the heck out of me when I foolishly tried to drive down to the boat dock.  Because he always re-spawns there, I typically sneak up on him these days (a handy tree is convenient for cover), and take him out with a 6P9.  It's kind of cool, you can see a closeup of the guy as he squints down the sights of the RPG while you are close enough to cut him with your trusty machete!

retiredgord

Ahh, what a rush.  I just finished this mission. Gotta luv this stuff.  I drove back from Crash site thru the roadblocks having first taking out the RPG guy and down the roads that lead near the Polytech, take out the r/road stop and drive down the road to the safehouse near the bridge. I save for a 15 min period and then went to get Nasreen.She hooked up the fuse  and we RAN back to the end right by the 50 cal.  When the AI come it's just a matter of opening 'er up.  I gree with other gamers that the rer-spawn period should be about 6 or more hrs..the next shift.  After awhile it is just cruel entertainment devising different ways to put 'em down.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

I've never tried the land route - will need to try it next time.  For a charge, try the water route coming down the river from the safe house - the RPG guy just past the safe house will give you a run for your money!

Check out the map

Tags:
🡱 🡳