Troublesome Diamond by Goka Falls camp

Started by Reaper11186, March 27, 2009, 04:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaper11186

I am having trouble getting to the diamond that can be seen on a ledge from the camp on top of Goka Falls. I have looked all over for a glider and can't find find any. Any suggestions on how to get to it? I've tried to park a truck by it and jump on it but it doesn't w@&k because the ledge is too high. Thanks in advance for any help.

JRD

Reaper11186
On the menu above, check the Leboa-Sako overview map created by our fellow player D_B. Click on the north east area and you'll see the location of the glider and the path you must follow in order to reach the diamond.
If you click on the Goka Falls area, you'll see a detailed map of the area. The path that leads to the glider is southeast of the explosives pile.
Be carefull not to fall over the cliff, its a narrow path, but you'll see the glider right away!
Good luck and let us know if it helped you.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

Well, had a browser error there, but I see jrderntl has already replied. If you need more help, I can post screen shots tomorrow.

Maybe I will anyway.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Please do so if you get a chance D_B, the "Troublesome diamond" series.

By the way, I created a membership group called "The mapper" in which there is only a single member, our fellow gamer and mapping expert, D_B.  Many thanks for all the hard w@&k that you do, my friend.

retiredgord

This is a tough one to get. I'd advise saving before trying and when you're not on a particular mission. If you keep to the rockface that the diamond is on you'll come to a hut in the river. It may be occupied so you will have to clear it out first.  On the other side is a path to the left that will take you to a bridge which may have guards.  After cleaning house follow the edge on the right to a very narrow ledge and follow it down to a slab on the right.  Keep the nose up and turn gently passing over the hut at the botton and aim to the right of the largerock outcropping beside the diamond location.  Good Luck and good gliding.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Reaper11186

Thanks for all the help with this. I tried and was able to get it after the second try. Got shot down on the first one. Those maps are a great help. They should make getting the rest relatively easy.

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: pzrzao on March 27, 2009, 08:19:32 AM
Please do so if you get a chance D_B, the "Troublesome diamond" series.

Will do, tomorrow is supposed to be rainy, so a good excuse to stay inside and play games, today is going to be way too nice of an early spring day to not get outside though, and it's already calling me, I'm itching to leave.

QuoteBy the way, I created a membership group called "The mapper" in which there is only a single member, our fellow gamer and mapping expert, D_B.  Many thanks for all the hard w@&k that you do, my friend.

I'm honored.

D_B

Roaven

Ok, I feel stupid, but what menu? I don't see any way to access the maps.

PZ

You should see a slender brown menu at the very top of the page with drop downs.  If you don't, then you may be outside the frames page of the site.  Enter the following url directly in your browser:

http://openworldgames.org

This should load the main index page and you should have access to the menus!

PS: I'd recommend starting with the Overview maps, then progress down in levels of detail - you'll find links to screen caps, journal entries, troublesome diamond posts, etc.

Roaven

Dweller_Benthos

Here's the screen shots on how to get to the glider. Maybe one day I'll make a video of the glider flight.

The location from across the valley:
[smg id=4867]

The route to get to the glider, starting at the bridge, if you come up from the valley instead of the river, just start at the back side of the shack.

[smg id=4868]

[smg id=4869]

[smg id=4870]

[smg id=4871]

[smg id=4872]
D_B

PZ

Excellent sequence D_B,

I updated the Goka diamond link to your specific post so when users click it, they are taken to your photo sequence post automatically.  I also added the screen cap of the glider itself.

DKM2

Um, I just swim up the river, and just before you get to the base
of the falls you can climb up on the rocks on the left. Walk along the rocks until
you come to a tree lying across the river at the base of the falls, walk across and pick it up.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: DKM2 on March 30, 2009, 09:43:26 AM
Um, I just swim up the river, and just before you get to the base
of the falls you can climb up on the rocks on the left. Walk along the rocks until
you come to a tree lying across the river at the base of the falls, walk across and pick it up.

That's a different diamond, DKM2. Though some have trouble with that one as well.
D_B

DKM2

:-[
I kinda thought maybe I was thinking of the wrong one, after looking over your map last night.
That said, the other one, which is shown on the map as glider accessible, can also be reached on foot.
Just a little ways to the north of it you can jump and wiggle your way up to the ledge.
I think you have to sort of jump up at an angle towards the southwest, I'd have to try again,
but I've gotten it that way four or five times now, never used the glider. (bad men up there  ;D)
Its a matter of choice of how to get it, gliders and jumping are both a bit frustrating at times.   >:(    ;)
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Dweller_Benthos

I've tried numerous ways to get that diamond without the glider, never could get up the hill.
D_B

DKM2

I'll make a mission out of it tonight, and see it I can get a snapshot of the exact place to start.

DKM2

This is looking up at the slope, just outside of the shot on the left is the edge of the ledge.
You have to go straight up as far as you can go, then turn about 45 degrees towards
the ledge and sprint while jumping up and to the left. (like jump jump jump jump)
You should land on the ledge with room to spare.
If you don't sprint while jumping, you can't make it.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Quote from: DKM2 on April 01, 2009, 08:57:00 AM
I'll make a mission out of it tonight, and see it I can get a snapshot of the exact place to start.

I like how you phrase that DKM2 "make a mission out of it.." - I too make many of my own missions these days experimenting with various techniques (my current favorite is the car bomber merc...)

Dweller_Benthos

I'll have to try that. I walked all over that hillside and never could get anywhere, even tried driving a truck up it.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳