Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Started by Art Blade, July 04, 2010, 10:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

very good! :-X

By the way, I like the M200.. that's a serious weapon  :) :-X I used it only once in a game, I believe it was CoD4.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Now with STEAM's new screenshot feature it is possible to take some, finally :)

One scene from the intro, basically what the SP game looks like, and one MP (me alone, but even if there were peeps in it, you wouldn't see 'em).

Today I created a MP account and tried some.. during perhaps half an hour I got ONE kill. Not due to bad aiming but because I simply couldn't see those camouflaged bastards. A miracle to me how they  always found and killed me. Need some practice, I reckon. Good thing about MP is that you can choose from four presets (four different sniper rifles up to AS50 and all got hand grenades and a silenced pistol) and not that silly "who kills first and faster gets better equipment so he stays ahead." However.. I could only see my own team mates because their names hovered over their heads. Enemies I saw, well, only after they had killed me.

[smg id=3299 type=link align=center width=500 caption="SniperGW SP001"]
[smg id=3300 type=link align=center width=500 caption="SniperGW MP001"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

[smg id=3301 type=link align=center width=500 caption="SniperGW SP002"]

Pic above: Just to give you an idea why  it is so hard to see opponents.. especially from far away, hehe  :-D

Pic below: Actual MP game play. Looking at a team mate.

[smg id=3302 type=link align=center width=500 caption="SniperGW MP002"]

Today I felt like giving MP another try. There are three types of MP games: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and V.I.P. (no idea what that is, there is a reward for the VIP, looks like that VIP versus the rest of the players, maybe just "stay alive").

The loadouts vary from light reckon to heavy reckon, four types. The snipers are from a Dragunov, then a silenced sniper rifle over to a proper loud sniper rifle to that monster of an AS50. By the way, those rifles do shoot through brick walls  ???

All players get three hand grenades and a silenced pistol and plenty of ammunition (you don't have to and cannot pick up ammo or weapons). When you die, you can change your loadout if you think yours wasn't fit for the purpose. So you can change your rifle after each death if you want :) After each respawn you'll have all ammo and hand grenades again. I like that concept :)  :-X

When you got shot, you'll heal after a couple of seconds. Not to full health but enough to continue. The next hit on you is more likely to kill you, though. Lighter weapons don't kill instantly, except it is a headshot I suppose. Hand grenade explosions have a vast radius so you better run if you see a symbol indicating one is dropping nearby.. if you're lucky, they only wound you :)

I managed to score a couple of hits with all weapons. Funny thing, only recently I mentioned I'd like to play a game with old-fashioned proper hand grenades again, and here it is  ^+-+ Needless to say I killed a few with 'em  :-()

To get a hit there are three things to consider.

1) Your radar. It shows red dots for enemies and in case you're playing in a team it shows where the red and blue team members are. No distance but bearing. You may see the outline of an enemy if he sticks out against a wall or the sky but it is likely they'll stick to the shadows or around plants.

2) Sound. Even silenced weapons are loud enough to hear them all across the map. Look at where the shots come from.

3) Movements. Actually that's the best thing combined with the radar. Where is that red spot and does anything move there. Plants don't walk around so shoot them  :)

Art Blade

I think this is fun. Better even than the SP experience. People "camp" everywhere as snipers are supposed to, but they also run around and start melees.

By the way, everyone has a knife.. used for hand-to-hand combat, a slash with it and back to your firearm. I killed a couple of guys with my knife in a house, close quarters combat.. and with hand grenades.

I love hand grenades as some of you will remember. Funny thing to do when you see someone is running at you and probably about to kill you: drop a grenade. Either behind him hoping that he will go back to where he came from or ahead assuming he will finish you and continue running past you(r dead body). Or just drop it right where you are so it will bomb him (and you) no matter what. I got a good couple of chuckles out of that, watching my killer blow up next to me: with best regards, this was my legacy  >:D Also fun to lob one up into a building where you heard shots coming from. Every kill results in a war cry of sorts so the reward for a hit is one less red dot on the radar and one more yell of a dying enemy  >:D

Basically you keep hearing shots of all sorts and explosions and of course, enemies hollering all across the map when getting killed  :-()

Still, it is a miracle when you're new to it, to see how some people manage to keep killing quickly and win while newbies like myself are happy when they manage to kill a few, if at all. Worst if you end up with a negative score because you managed to kill yourself in an unfashionable way like falling off a building or tripping over your own grenade the moment it sets off.  :-()

PZ

Sounds cool - an MP sniper game  :-X

Art Blade

Indeed :) Apparently 70,000+ players are on it, small but not too small a number. I always find populated servers which is a good sign  :-X

nexor

Sniper 1

Clip from the game

Art Blade

I remember that scene ;D

Have you just started playing the game? :)

nexor

Yep just started, some simularity to Alcatraz (same developers), enemies appear out of nowhere..........

Art Blade

The game wasn't exactly brilliant, but still quite alright. I wish it had more sniping and less other stuff in it.

nexor

You right about that one, not much sniping for a "sniper" game, oh well keeping me out of mischief for awhile..... :-D

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳