Alcatraz(2010)

Started by nexor, May 30, 2011, 02:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

Guys, any one know anything about Alcatraz(2010)??
Spoiler

Gamespot Description:
Spoiler
When a terrorist group takes over Alcatraz island and threatens to shoot missiles at San Francisco, a special commando group is being prepared to respond to the threat. But such action needs a good recon, and there is only one man capable of doing it and staying alive: Joe Harmsky. A veteran special forces agent and instructor, Joe is now in jail for beating to death an officer whose mistake cost the lives of Joe's whole squad. Set free in exchange for his help, Joe heads for Alcatraz to provide information for the commando team. Referring loosely to the atmosphere of the story of "The Rock" movie, Alcatraz: In the Harm's Way will be an First Person shooter for PC, focusing on dynamic combat and action.

Art Blade

Nice  ??? :-X

Indeed reminds me of "The Rock" with Nicholas Cage. Perhaps with some decent action, this time.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

I think I'm going to buy it......... ::)

I downloaded  the demo of Gost Warrior from gamespot, only to be informed that "THIS SESSION HAS EXPIRED" by way of a window appearing when I attempted installing it, I'll look around to see if I can find the demo somewhere else before buying it.............

Binnatics

..... watching that video.... it made me feel smal.... D@mn, what an action, that music, intence!!!!!!

It looks somewhat like CoD, but the difference is the adrenaline. Maybe it's just the promotion video, but one thing is for sure: These guys know how to thrill a man  ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

In a way it's not so different from BRINK.. here's a prison, there's "the Ark" (escape or defend it)  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Started playing the game, not impressed at all, will show a few video clips as soon as I edit them

Art Blade

Only recently I read a surprisingly negative review. Negative as in "a completely screwed game." They were talking about a lot of issues, ranging from not being able to see the San Francisco outline of the nearby city as if Alcatraz was a million miles away from any shore, to borked menus and a "managing" system where you could read silly dossiers without knowing whether or not the guy you hired/want to hire is any good, and rather poor graphics.

D'oh  :-\\

nexor

The gameplay won't impress a 10 y old, when you approach key objectives they actualy show you how many enemies you going to bump into. I'm playing on easy mode and haven't been killed once or topped up on medic supplies once, some instances you empty your AK47 into a guy and he still shoots back at you, you can reload and then kill him while he's pumping you full of lead........... >:((

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on May 30, 2011, 10:13:33 AM
Nice  ??? :-X

Indeed reminds me of "The Rock" with Nicholas Cage. Perhaps with some decent action, this time.  :-()

The first thing I thought of too :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

nexor

Believe me, it's not worth the money even if you can get it secondhand....................

Art Blade

Fiach, hehe  ;D Unfortunately, it appears to be very close to the film..  :D ^+-+

nexor, that's sad. This is one of those times, again, that the ads look really great while the product is utter crap and the fun bit kind of WAY down the drain. Sometimes I'd really like to shove those brilliant promo vids up their collective arses of those publishers and devs that think fooling customers is good business >:((

JRD

Sorry to hear that, nexor  :-(

Not only you think about the cash you wasted that could`ve been used to another purpose such as a nice dinner but also you have the frustration to think it could be a nice game.

It happens, mate.... but chillax... there`s always Far Cry 3 to look for in the future... which shooter to play until then, well, this is another story
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

nexor

Some clips from Alcatraz
Spoiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E52spiiGK04
1.   Throughout the game notice the unreal quick movements of the mercs.   ????
2.   At point blank range the sniper rifle is not a stopper.    :o
3.   Mercs miraculously appear out of nowhere.      ????
4.   Too much Graphic on the surroundings and not much on the  mercs.     ::)
5.   To make life easy, your attackers are being pinpointed out to you........      :-D
6.   A strange thing, you getting shot at from somewhere and then it stops, a moment later you can walk out in the
     open and no shots fired at you................      ^+-+   

Fiach

I keep myself fairly up to date on videogames and tbh I have never heard of this game, it seems like they slipped in in under the reviews radar, because they knew they would take a pasting from Reviewers :(

Its not that a reviewers opinion is better than anyone esles, but if there are a few reviews that say the game is of such dismal quality, well then, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, chances are ... its a duck :(

IM A DUCK
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

It seems the game wants you to do super-quick james bond-like action on these attackers. Maybe therefore they pinpoint them out for you. But that should not have been necesarry since most shooterplayers do like some thrills...
And another thing, these comments... "we better just do as we're told" "he shouldn't be trusted" and thisone: "Better safe then sorry". And that voice... aarghhh. Some ppl just can't do anything about their lame-a$$ voice, but hey, just don't use it in a game then!

I feel sorry for you Nexor, the game really seems to be crap. The idea was very nice though, and with that vid we were shown it seemed to be mindblowing action.

Indeed weird how they could stay out of the review-book. We should fast and furious blast a badest-game-of-the-year review on that.  >:D

By the way, where is the promissing extreme audio? I didn't hear music at all in the vid...
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

The vid you showed us reminds me of games we saw 4 or 5 years ago. That, today, is.. substandard. Some people might say "a fucking disgrace," but I wouldn't say that :-()

fragger

I'm surprised you were able to write that without it being auto-edited ??? Maybe because it was in quotes...

Alcatraz looks and sounds like a real stinkeroo in those clips. Not only was the voice acting cringeworthy, there was very little variety of dialogue with the same few lines being delivered over and over. The graphics looked at least ten years behind the times and the gameplay looked even more antiquated - or just plain insulting ("Hey, we reckon you couldn't hit the side of a barn with a blunderbuss, so we'll make it as easy as possible for you by showing you where all the bad guys are lurking, you feeble-minded unco jerk").

Sorry you blew your hard-earned on that one, nexor ::) Take solace in the fact that you're not exactly the first nor the only one here to waste perfectly good money on a crappy game. My last oops was Battles of the Red Baron which I made the mistake of purchasing a year or two ago - a forbearance test disguised as a flight sim which would have been a great success if inducing the gamer to colour the air a great deal had been one of the game's objectives ::)

The real bad guys are the hacks that develop this commode scum while fully expecting seasoned FPS gamers to have fun with it >:((

Art Blade

Maybe the devs were still inmates themselves while making it (you know, a modern form of picking oakum) -- hence their "delayed" standards..

nexor

There are still some vids I haven't edited, at some stage in the game you manage to lay your hands on a
MGL-140 GL very much the same as the one in FC2, but this one cannot take a chopper down even at close range...... :D

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳