Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Started by Art Blade, July 04, 2010, 10:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Indeed, some missions were madness either because of what you just mentioned (AI with incredible eyesight) or because of the sheer masses of enemies with automatic weapons (forget about the few using pistols). What I liked were stealth missions because of the incredible eyesight. You really  had to be invisible (noise didn't seem to matter even if you shot) and think a little about cover. During those missions it was especially satisfactory when I managed to kill enemies when I wasn't supposed to ("don't engage!") but sometimes you really shouldn't even think about giving away your position by shooting someone. Well, you can, but you'll most certainly need a savegame to resort to ;) I did that a couple of times because it was so funny to see how an entire camp turned into a hornet's nest; some were running around shooting at you while others were confused etc.. quite fun :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Well, I couldn't resist and purchased the game online with a few other items - I'll let you know how it goes  ;)

Art Blade

Nice :) I think that in general you'll like it and then again, I'm expecting you to tell us how incredibly hard some missions are especially with regards of your aiming skill  ;) Should you encounter too many problems, there is a way to cheat: Create a new text file inside

Steam\SteamApps\Common\sniper ghost warrior\Game\

name it debugconf.scr and paste the following content (see code below) into the file. Next time you start up the game, there will be two additional options available from the main game menu, allowing you to toggle a lot of parameters. There are only a few that may be of interest, like unlimited ammo and god mode. If you save your game, including autosaves, those cheats will be saved with the current game which means you can save in godmode plus unlimited ammo and will return to exactly that state when you reload that savegame or the next time you start the game with one of those savegames. Even if you deleted or moved that file. I reckon you'd have to use that file to disable the cheats, then save, then remove the file to get rid of cheat savegames. :)

Copy paste the content of the spoiler

Spoiler

// ----- Start----------------------------------------

// ChromeEngine config file

!include("DebugConfig.def")

!SaveGame(s)                      // SaveGame system logs method: "LogR", "CrashLog", "None"

!Cheats()                         // enable cheat mode

!MenuEditor(i)                    // 1 - enable menu editor

!CurveEditor(i)                   // 1 - enable curve editor

!NoMusic(i)                       // 1 - disable all sounds

!UseDeveloperKeys()               // enable developer keys

!UseFKeysWithCtrl()               // force using F keys only with ctrl

!ShowPlayingSounds()              // logs sound names

!RenderComments()                 // enable rendering of comments

!NoLogos()                        // disables logos at game start

!DebugVisualisation()             // enable debug visualisation (waypoints, fightpoints etc.)

!SkipFadeOutIn()                  // enable fast fade in/out

!SkipPressAnyKeyOnStart()         // enable skipping "press any key..." on level start

!SetLogLevel(i)                   // binary sum of flags _LOG_ERRORS = 0x01,_LOG_WARNINGS = 0x02,

// _LOG_INFOS = 0x04, _LOG_TESTS = 0x08

// (used in ShowInfo methods, debug console)

!ConsoleCommand(s) // Defines console command that will be run at the begging of the game

// or after pressing numpad subtract key. There can be more than one command

// and the order of call is the same as they are defined in script.

!EnableAudioLog() // Enables logging of audio errors/events to file

!ChromeSpyHost(s) // ChromeSpy host machine name (default: localhost)

!ChromeSpyPort(i) // ChromeSpy port (default: 8086)

ConsoleCommand(s)

NoLogos()

Cheats()

UseDeveloperKeys()

//UseFKeysWithCtrl()

//ChromeSpyHost("localhost")

//ChromeSpyPort(8086)

//!AutostartServer()

//AutostartLevel("Woodyard_startprop.scr")

// ----- EndCheatbook--------------------------

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

You just made my day - God mode it is for me and I'll enjoy the game just fine  ;D

Art Blade

I know you well, my friend  ;D Have fun  :)

Art Blade

PZ

It is due to come to my home today, along with a new home "server" that I've been needing for a couple of years now - to give you an idea of the current "server's" age, it is an old PIII with 256 mb of ram.

Art Blade

PZ

2:20 and still no UPS guy even though the tracking ticket claims that it is out for delivery  :'(

Oh well - back to Panau  ;D

PZ

It finally arrived!  Now a 3-hour STEAM update and I should be able to play.

PZ

I just played 60 minutes of the game and although linear, it is quite good.  I've always liked sniper games, and this one seems to have the potential to be lots of fun even though it will have limited numbers of plays through (due to linear nature).

So far so good!  :-X

Art Blade

:) Yeah, some missions are worth a re-play. Have fun  :-X

PZ

I like the missions where the sniper position is high, but the run and gun missions are not so much my cup of tea.  I think that overall, I'm happy with the game and am glad that I made the purchase.  The controls are very simple - not the like the dozens of commands you have in ARMA2, so the style of playing is well suited to my slow reaction times.  ;D

Art Blade

Especially when you are allowed to use a sniper rifle. Then you can take your own time and actually go for a proper headshot. Which will be rewarded with that nice bullet-cam  :)

PZ

Indeed - I love the bullet cam.  :-X  When making the shot, I hit the RMB to bring up the scope, but is there a way to steady the shot other than lying down?

Art Blade

Breathing. I think it is LSHIFT, should be easy to check the keymapping in the options to find out. Hold your breath and slow down time, aim, shoot, breathe out and resume normal time. The lower your heart rate, the longer you can hold your breath and by that steady your aim. On top -- what a silly expression here -- you may lay down to add even more steadiness.

PZ

Thanks - I thought that there must be some way to hold your breath, but I just couldn't find it.  ;)

Art Blade

er, have you found it now?

PZ

I actually haven't been on the gaming PC since I wrote last - have been configuring the home network so that all printers and other peripherals are working properly.  Unfortunately I have a networked Minolta color laserjet that does not appear to w@&k with W7 - the drivers are not recognized, and of course, the printer is old enough so that Minolta is not planning to write new drivers.

Art Blade

gah. Same old story. Sad, really  :(

Art Blade

On topic:

I just read that a patch is out on Steam which solves some issues with rare program crashes, fixes enemy sight (they won't detect you that easily any more) and the knife now deals serious damage (close combat).

PZ

Cool - thanks for posting that bit of info - I haven't been on my gaming rig in over a week.  :'(

Art Blade

Haha, "same here" - as I'm currently active on my XP partition. That game is on my Win7 partition and I just don't want to do boot orgies shutting down and firing up this PC all the time :)

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on August 04, 2010, 12:42:39 PM
I haven't been on my gaming rig in over a week.  :'(

any luck?  :-\\

PZ

Unfortunately not - critical issues at w@&k has even prevented me from fully enjoying OWG  :'(

Tags:
🡱 🡳