Re: Air Mercs and Merc Posers ("nice one, mate")

Started by Art Blade, December 25, 2009, 10:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on January 17, 2010, 05:42:27 PM
Needless to say, I laughed a lot at that, but it could never have been captured in a single shot.

Yeah, sometimes the funniest situations are so dependent on pure luck and chance that no matter how you set up for a screen capture you can never catch it or even recreate it again properly.

At that point it just comes down to "Let me tell you about the one that got away..."
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Let me tell you about that bouncer in Sefapane...  ;)

[smg id=1865 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I see - you were trying to find out how well the bouncer bounces ;D

Cool pic there, mate :-X :-X

Art Blade

hehehe, cheers mate ;D

Crazy composition, isn't it :) Merc in the air, and an upright buggy in flames, and my gun hold in an unobtrusive and innocent fashion  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Doorman's final thought "Hey! I can see my post from here!"
- mandru

Art Blade

PZ

Indeed - great capture - I don't use grenades nearly as much as I should and have missed out on much action - which reminds me - if anyone hasn't played with the flare gun, it is also a blast  :-X

Art Blade

thanks, PZ :) You are right, flare guns can be quite fun, yes :)

Here, I thought I'd teach that rude merc a lesson, even in a cease fire zone.

[smg id=1874 align=center width=400]

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

cheers :)

Here an example of a merc poser. Thought he could impress me by going into that lake until only his head stuck out and sneak around there. I threw in my 2 cents of admiration... and legged it as quickly as possible  ;D

[smg id=1875 align=center width=400]

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on January 19, 2010, 06:15:55 PM
Here, I thought I'd teach that rude merc a lesson, even in a cease fire zone.
His technique was flawless, dismount excellent, but he's going to lose some points on the landing  ;D

Art Blade

mmosu

fragger

;D ;D

Talk about being "blown out of the water"...

Art Blade

Got some different air mercs...

"I think I hit something... nah, it was nothing."  ;D

[smg id=1894 align=center width=400]

mandru

I chuckled over that shot for a few minutes Art.  :)

Did you turn your headlights on at the last second or did they just overlook your approach?

(Note to self:

Drive for effect.

AT + mercs = dead mercs + long flat slides.

Buggy + mercs + a wee bit of luck = acrobatics!  ;D)

- mandru

Art Blade

I love the dune buggy for that sort of sport. And indeed, they tend to do flips and backflips when you run them over in a buggy  ;D

That vehicle is weak when shot at, especially from behind, but its acceleration is more than convincing. It can climb steep slopes and slip through narrow passages (ie between trees). But whenever I see or hear anything dangerous (.50AT or GLAT or RPG mercs etc) I jump out of the car and attack on foot. When I see mercs on their own, I run them over with it  ;D

In this case, I had the ignore player cheat on, which makes it much more effective. Of course, I didn't need to worry about the headlights disturbing them, so I had them on while approaching. Well, the headlights might have disturbed them, when they got a heavy hit with the grill in the ankles and a light hit in the head with those lamps, when they tumbled over my cage  ;D

I do run them over without cheats, too. Usually they try to jump away from the car and I try to anticipate where they are headed, so they get knocked down right away.

Just on an aside, did you know at what time cars switch on their lights? It happened just then and I was a short distance from a safehouse. So I reloaded, drove to that safehouse and waited in the buggy for the lights to switch on. Then I hurried inside and checked the alarm clock: 10:10pm :)

fragger

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I love your screenies, mate :-X

Art Blade

mmosu

I laughed when I saw the pic, but I laughed harder when I saw mandru's question about about if Art hit the headlights (or in this case deadlights?  ::)) right before the moment of impact!  I was just sitting here thinking what that would look like - that's going on the to-do list for my next tour of duty in Africa  ;D

Art Blade

The way you read mandru's question is obviously different from how I read it, but I think I got your point... as in

"Alright, it's damn dark here, can't see a thing. I'll better switch those headlights on so I can *click* see mooooooaaa-*CA-CLONK!*-aaaAARGH! WTF!! Jesus Christ in a dish-washer!"  ;D

mandru

;D

Sometimes you crack me up Art.  :-X

I was actually thinking when I asked about the headlights being flipped on at the last second was it seemed a pity to kill them without their knowing about it.

I like to give the mercs the gift of a split second of terror but not enough time to do anything about it before I kill them to make their passing a little sweeter.  :-*

It kinda makes up for all casualties from my dart rifle of love where I don't get the pleasure of seeing a fear response.  ;)
- mandru

PZ

A bit reminiscent of the gymnastics events at the last Olympics  ;)

RedRaven

I stopped playing 'hide & seek' when the mercs started to ignore the laws of physics.
[smg id=1896]
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

hehehe, yeah, our favourite GP with the stone man. Nice pic, mate  ;D :-X

Mandru, I know what you mean with that split second of terror. What I like is if they got suspicious and going "huh?-HUH?" or that whispered, high-pitched "what the f***?" Then shoot them in the face. Allmost like holding clash cymbals, pop up into their face, clapping your hands together, with their head between them: "CRASHHHhhhhh!" (Visualise this: you know, Tom&Jerry style,  left cymbal = "(" head = "O" right cybal =")" so it looks like "(O)"  ;D)

Tags:
🡱 🡳