Merc pile up

Started by deadman1, September 20, 2009, 08:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

hahaha  :-X nice pic... but bloody hell, I already have a widescreen 26'' monitor, and still it didn't fit. You can add "width=600" inside the img link like [ img width=600], which I did for you  ;) Coming to think of it, you can upload pics right here at OWG, and we don't have to worry about embedded code in pics.

Oh you edited over...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TopHat01

Quote from: Art Blade on October 27, 2009, 07:43:11 PM
Geez, you did nothing bad, mate :) Chillax, and don't worry about stuff like that. We're a friendly community here  ;)

LOL, okay man. :)

@Fragger: I think the Prima strategy guide has them all outlined for both the north and the south, but I'd have to double check. 

KingRat

Quote from: TopHat01 on October 28, 2009, 06:30:56 PM
Quote from: Art Blade on October 27, 2009, 07:43:11 PM
Geez, you did nothing bad, mate :) Chillax, and don't worry about stuff like that. We're a friendly community here  ;)

LOL, okay man. :)

@Fragger: I think the Prima strategy guide has them all outlined for both the north and the south, but I'd have to double check.

It does; the one D_B is missing [Bowa] is the one around the mine... :)

Art Blade

heh, that's the one with the truck I drove around with in its bed  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Cool - if you had a favorite AT and wanted to do a mission in which you needed to drive the big truck (yet keep your AT), you could load it into the back and go to town.  For instance, the mission where you blow up the garage in Sefapane

Art Blade

That's an interesting thought. I wonder if, after a while, the backpacked car disappears. We're dealing with lost "ownership" and leaving a spawn area... really interesting thought :) Then again, I don't think a cargo you can't fix to the truck is likely to slip off, especially if someone like me, who drives like a maniac, has to do the job  ;D

TopHat01

Quote from: PZ on October 28, 2009, 07:47:52 PM
Cool - if you had a favorite AT and wanted to do a mission in which you needed to drive the big truck (yet keep your AT), you could load it into the back and go to town.  For instance, the mission where you blow up the garage in Sefapane

But isn't there a bunch of nitrous tanks in the bed?  Maybe you could rest the AT on top the tanks...

mandru

Quote from: TopHat01 on October 28, 2009, 10:44:02 PMMaybe you could rest the AT on top the tanks...

I'd like to be around, if off at a distance, to see you try to gently park an AT on top of a stack of highly explosive nitrous tanks.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

:) Thanks, all, for the info re: convoy routes. If the venerable Mapper has done them already, there's not much point in me doing them as well. I doubt I could do as good a job anyway.
@Dweller_Benthos, aka The Mapper, cheers mate :-X

Art Blade

FYI
Because the information was very useful, I split the topic.
The convoy maps can now be found here:

Convoys Route Maps
Thank you

Art Blade

on topic:

"merc pile up" -- this is what is happening here :)

Sorry for the bad quality, but it was a night shot and I had to massively tweak it to be visible enough on the forum.

[smg id=1895 align=center width=400]

mandru

That's one of the more unusual merc interaction shots I've seen.  There's still one on the ground waiting for help.

A nicely placed grenade round would sure add to the irony of that scene.

I'm trying to remember where you took that screen shot. Do you recall Art?
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I took that screenshot at the entrance of Sefapane, entering from the west.

I've never before seen three mercs being carried away at the same time, next to each other.

Did you know there is more to it than just carrying them to a safe place? If you wait a little and watch the wounded, you will see that many times the doc returns and performs some kind of first aid. Could be anything, from trying to revive them, fiddling with them this or that way... sometimes the wounded merc would get up again after being treated. He'd be weak, a single shot would down him for good, yet he'd be able to join the fight again. I've read someone watched a doc performing a mercy kill, but that's something I've yet to see :)

fragger

You mean there's something you haven't seen yet, Art? ;D

That's a cool capture mate, I've never seen more than one wounded merc being carried at a time, let alone three. Nice one :-X :-X

Art Blade

hehe, cheers :)

Indeed... I need to see two things that are said to exist: a merc applying deodorant and a doc mercy-killing his wounded patient.  ;D

PZ

Great shot!  One I've never seen either.  Maybe wandering around with the ignore_player cheat might allow one to witness the mercy killing event - that would be great to see.

Tags:
🡱 🡳