Crazy Hang Gliding

Started by Art Blade, May 16, 2009, 02:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Edit: new pictures added

Until recently I didn't use hang gliders in FC2. Then I made up my mind and gave it a try. Actually, hang gliding in FC2 can be quite interesting, if you pick the highest grounds, such as Rail Xing or Goka Falls.

And I learned that sharp turns don't have to end in a rock wall or bridges... the glider allows for really steep manoeuvres and narrow turns, the following stunts in the pictures did not  lead to a crash :)

I would like to see some more hang gliding pictures, be it beautiful, stylish, crazy, doesn't matter. But I'd really like to see some crazy flying  ;D

[smg id=549 align=center width=400]
Rail Xing

[smg id=550 align=center width=400]
Rail Xing

[smg id=551 align=center width=400]
Rail Xing, downriver near safehouse

[smg id=552 align=center width=400]
Rail Xing, Waterfall

[smg id=471 align=center width=400]
Goka Falls

[smg id=470 align=center width=400]
Goka Falls

[smg id=553 align=center width=400]
Near North Railyard

[smg id=564 align=center width=400]
Near Cattle Xing, "free fall"  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

If I get home early enough Sunday, I'll do some videos. If not, then Monday & I'll post them Tuesday.

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

cool  :-X  ;D looking forward to watching them.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I keep editing the first post to keep new pictures in one flow  :)

Art Blade

except maybe these:

[smg id=565 align=center width=400]
Pala

[smg id=566 align=center width=400]
Dogon Village

Actually D_B caused me to do these. I used the trainer, kept hitting "/" which makes vehicles jump... a hang glider is a vehicle, isn't it... the rest is trying not to crash  ;D

JRD

Imagine if you could shoot while gliding??  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

PZ

Very cool, the media you guys are posting... I just love it... :-X

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on May 17, 2009, 03:06:54 PM
Actually D_B caused me to do these. I used the trainer, kept hitting "/" which makes vehicles jump... a hang glider is a vehicle, isn't it... the rest is trying not to crash  ;D

I never thought to use the vehicle hop key, I will have to try that.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

if you try that, careful not to bump into invisible walls (occlusion blocks). They may occur around high rocks, town entrances (Pala) and in canyons, sometimes I think even the "ceiling" or sky seems to have boundaries. Also, sometimes if other vehicles are around, you make them jump instead of yourself... just keep hitting "/" like a maniac until it works again.

I found it useful to hit "/" like 2 or 3 times if you are close to the ground, not to get up too high.

Art Blade

[smg id=570 align=center width=400]
trainer glide - North Railyard

PZ

This is a great thread - the only hang gliders that I regularly use are the one near the Dogon village in Bowa, and occasionally the one near PetroSahel in Leboa.  Only on the missions that take me to the hillside south of Weelegol do I use that glider.  I don't believe that I've used many others.

Art Blade

I remember how exciting hang gliding was.. see the pictures. I love the one at Rail Xing with that bridge vanishing in rain and mist.. :)

PZ

Funny thing is that I can't recall ever flying the glider near the rail bridge.  There is still quite a bit that I'd like to accomplish in FC2  :-X

Art Blade

Funny, to me it's just the other way round. Whenever I was near that particular glider, I had to decide: Either enjoy a nice trip with that glider and lose my car (principle of ownership, if you change your current vehicle, you lose your last ride.. so the glider replaces the car) or stick to my good old ride. Sometimes I couldn't resist and chose the glider  ^-^

mandru

For a long time the rail crossing glider was the only way I could ever get that diamond case up on the rock ledge down river where you had to fly directly over that GP.  If I could slip past the GP unnoticed I could get that diamond easy but on a first attempt that was a rare occurrence.  It often took me 6 or 7 attempts.

I was very happy when I found out about the rock climb up to that case here on OWG and saved myself all that trouble ever since.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

My typical exit from that area is via wheeled vehicle driving west toward the airport, then past the GP to the north and on to Mosate Selao.

I don't think I ever retrieved that particular diamond.

Art Blade

I wasn't interested in that diamond until I read about that hang gliding to that spot, here on this forum. At that time I believe I already knew about the climbing trick but anyway, I wanted to see if I could get there using that glider.

Gliding for fun from Rail Xing is not so easy because of those pesky and observant mercs. Best if you can cheat, "ignore player cheat" is great if you want to enjoy a glide there. :)

PZ

Ah yes, I recall that nasty GP on the river which I usually bombard with a GLB (grenade launching boat) that I steal on the river near the eastern cell tower.

Tags:
🡱 🡳