Re: Air Mercs and Merc Posers ("nice one, mate")

Started by Art Blade, December 25, 2009, 10:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Sometimes, but only sometimes, you see mercs in the air. If you are lucky and fast enough to hit the screenshot key, you may actually get something that slaps a smile on your face every time you look at it...

If you have any screenies, please, post away :)

I'll start with a sniper that can't get off his balcony in that private property. Unless... unless you send a hand grenade up. :) When he came sailing by, I thought, "nice one, mate"  ;D

[smg id=1806 align=center width=400]

edit: changed subject of the topic
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Nice one!  I need to use the GL a bit more.

Art Blade

simple hand grenades, mate, simple hand grenades :) You will always have a couple to share with our fellow mercs  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Although the merc who drove that jeep has already landed, the Jeep made the biggest jump I've ever seen so far. Imagine, that thing is already on its way down! Down left of the Jeep you can see the black mark on the road where the hand grenade hit.

[smg id=1809 align=center width=400]

fragger

Two more classic examples of "Art-w@&k" - great screenies, mate :-X :-X The merc flying off the balcony is a ripper!

I've seen a number of airborne mercs/vehicles over time, I just need to practice hitting the capture key quicker.

Art Blade

Thank you, fragger  :)

I use a Logitech G15 programmable keyboard, and I simply mapped the PRNTSCR key to the programmable G6 key which is left of my left CTRL key. Like that, I can hit it almost immediately with my left little finger (not necessarily the tip, more like the left side of my hand and finger)

Still, I don't always manage to do that in time ;) The good thing is, once you hit the screenshot key, the game freezes for a moment, enough time to hit the key again a few times, giving you kind of a sequence. That balcony "jump" picture is one out of three I managed to capture  ;D

Art Blade

Found a screenshot I had posted earlier, but it fits even better into this topic. The pic was taken in Sefapane... Nice jump :)

[smg id=1267 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

And another old one, pic taken at the fort, showing HM the King.

[smg id=1069 align=center width=400]
"Did you say 'getting airborne?'"
"No, I said, 'get an heir born!'"

fragger

Cool! :-X :-X

The first one looks a bit like the merc is hanging on to the tree during a hurricane ;D

And geez, Art, isn't it enough that you pinched the king's ring? Did you really have to go and mess up his paperwork as well? ;D

Art Blade

Cheers :)

The King, he literally went ballistic when I messed up his paperwork  ;D

mandru

OK, His Flying Highness made me laugh out loud.  ;D

Was his name King Neri?  He Neri hit the roof because of your interference.  ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I'm afraid I need help with "Neri" -- doesn't ring a bell :(

Art Blade

Actually, I'm going to expand this topic's subject a little so we get more room for merc screenshots.

I never really used the following pic (a very small version used to be my forum avatar and a thumbnail version of this pic decorates my album folder "Art's stuff") so I think this guy (chief of police) deserves a place on the forum, and maybe a "Merc Poser" title de luxe -- He certainly feels the beat... NICE ONE, MATE  ;D

[smg id=264 align=center width=300]

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on December 29, 2009, 04:40:51 PM
I'm afraid I need help with "Neri" -- doesn't ring a bell :(

if you listen to Dr. Gakumba as you approach for the "kill a king mission" (probably not the real mission name) I believe he either mentions the king's name as being Neri (something like that) or maybe it's during the mission briefing it comes up.

But then weird names run in the king's family, after all he named his son the prince Eduward.

Oh, by the way.  I love your screen cap of the top cop bustin-a-move and notice what a nice guy he is! I think he's trying to tell you that up on the roof and over the way he's pointing there's a diamond case. What a swell guy.  8)
- mandru

fragger

mmosu

Kind of looks like a drunk guy staggering out of a taxi to me ...

Art Blade

Thanks for the info, mandru  :-X

hahaha, you guys  ;D ;D ;D

I always took the chief for a great dancer, almost reminds me of Pulp Fiction with John Travolta and Uma Thurman doing those funny moves ;D

Art Blade

Got another sniper, from the nice Fort in Leboa. I had been out of his sight, but he was in range of my hand grenade... a hearty throw of my pineapple upstairs, and he was all fed up with it.  ;D The thing to his right is his Uzi.

[smg id=1824 align=center width=400]

mmosu

Nice toss!! I'm always afraid to attempt those for fear that I'll bounce it off the wall up high and it will come back down on me  :-[

Art Blade

Cheers, and yes, so am I. But the reward if they don't... too tempting  ;D plus, I'm on a PC and can afford it, savegame's always at hand...

mmosu

Ah yes, the things I would attempt if not for fear of having to hump it back from the last save point . . .

Art Blade

GOTCHA! This one made me laugh out loud, it's the sniper at Northern Railyard. I tossed up a hand grenade to his roof position to the right, and he came flying down in a very nice arc from top right to bottom left (screenshot taken before he hit the ground quite a bit to the left). All the way down he went "Ah-HAAAAAaaaaaargh!" LOL, nice one, mate!!!  ;D

[smg id=1859 align=center width=400]

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

Thank you, mandru :)

Some situations (merc on a roof) call for a screenshot setup. I saved my game there and only the third attempt actually sent him flying, the other two let him drop dead somewhere on the roof, out of sight. Ah no, there was one more attempt, which kind of flung him down at me (screenies didn't pass my QA)  ;D

Some situations come unexpected, for example the last merc of a guard post kept running around and I couldn't get him, so out of frustration I tossed a hand grenade at a parked Jeep Wrangler. It blew up, went high into the air in a twisted arc, and when it was about to land, I saw that merc running right below that Jeep. He got crushed and set on fire at the same time, because the Jeep also blew up a yellow barrel. Needless to say, I laughed a lot at that, but it could never have been captured in a single shot.

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳