Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 08, 2012, 07:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

we should go there more often and feed villagers to the crocs to keep them happy and away from us.  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

Quote from: fragger on December 14, 2012, 04:12:32 AM

Here's why you sometimes get a rude surprise in a river! Spot the croc:
Spoiler
[smg id=5002 align=center width=600]

Here he is:
Spoiler
[smg id=5003 align=center width=600]

They just lie there at the water's edge until something comes close. And that led to one of the coolest things I've seen in the game so far. Shortly after I took this, a goat wandered too close to the water's edge and the croc shot out, grabbed the goat and pulled it under. I thought that was brilliant 8)

Yep, that's really cool.  :-X  :)

(Edited the huge pics into a spoiler so we can actually see the small reply better.  :-() /Art)
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Nice pics durian  :-X

Dweller_Benthos

Well, here's my first experience driving. Due to a game that can't understand remapped keyboard controls, I could only steer left, right into a tree.

[smg id=5020]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I hate that car; it drives like you are on an ice skating rink

fragger

:-D You're right, it doesn't seem to have any traction. Everyone's a DD in those cars :-()

PZ

fragger

I don't think anyone walked away from this landing:
[smg id=5021 align=center width=600]

Hope springs eternal:
[smg id=5022 align=center width=600]

Blast, why can't I pick this up and use it?
[smg id=5023 align=center width=600]

"Getting tanked" meant something else in those days...
[smg id=5024 align=center width=600]

Hanging with my mates on the beach:
[smg id=5025 align=center width=600]

This was odd. This bloke came wandering down the beach carrying a metal beam, which he just dropped on the sand before moving away and remonstrating with himself. Evidently he's been on the island too long...
[smg id=5026 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

You find the coolest places, fragger  :-X

durian

Very nice shots, fragger. I really enjoy shots with comments like that. Kudos to you. These screenies prove FC3 setting much more interesting than FC2's

fragger

Thank you muchly chaps, it's my pleasure to share these with you :)

Art Blade

I was told that they'd prepare a really hot curry on the beach here.

[smg id=5031 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0017"]

Art Blade

I really enjoy views like this one:

[smg id=5032 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0018"]

PZ

Excellent snapshots; I did not think I would like the jungle because I thought it would be more like FC2 - way too dense, and difficult to see through.  I like the FC3 environment much more than I originally thought.  :-X

Art Blade

In a way FC3 is much closer to the original (FC1) than FC2 was. Except for the monsters which I am more than happy about  :-D I loved the "tropical island" scenario of FC1 so I was never 100% happy with Africa but now I am happy again  :)

fragger

Cool shots Art :-X I like the curry one (the comment and the picture) :-()

I love the way the sky looks in this game :-X

I also enjoyed the tropical island setting of FC1 and I'm glad they've gone back to it. Some places look so good that it's almost like being on holidays - well, except for the gunplay :-()

fragger

Shwasana Village, FC3 style:
[smg id=5033 align=center width=600]

Yet another species of wildlife spotted! The camera will actually tag these turtles. Dunno why you can't tag crocodiles though.
[smg id=5034 align=center width=600]

And then there's this. Now I know what stung me during my deep relic dive the other day. Don't get too close to it!
Sorry about the crummy quality of this one, it was deep and my vision was blurred.
[smg id=5035 align=center width=600]

This is in the doc's daughter Agnes' old room, where you find Daisy. I never really looked around in here before.
[smg id=5036 align=center width=600]

And you thought Martin Luther King was dead! He faked his own assassination so that he could become the president of an obscure South Pacific Island republic...
[smg id=5037 align=center width=600]

Time for a BYOF wingding (Bring Your Own Firearm):
[smg id=5038 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

Haha, nice shots, and the Dr King comment  :laugh:

There are white and orange jellyfish. I guess an orange one stung you  ???

The Doctor's (not King's but Earnhardt's) mansion sports a vending machine and in the girl's room will always be a med kit that upon walking over it will give you health syringes. Plus there is a hang glider with which you can get to places about 1.5km away. I like to fast-travel there and make use of all of the above  :)

PZ

Another great set fragger  :-X

There are evidently so many places to find interesting items, I doubt it will get old any time soon.  ^-^

durian

Great screenies, fragger  :-X  Funny comment about Martin Luther King  :laugh:

We can't tag chickens and sometimes birds

fragger

I haven't seen the orange jellyfish, but the white ones definitely sting - I swam into this one on purpose to make sure :-() It's actually a box jellyfish, if you look closely at the picture you can see how the tentacles are in four clusters spaced around the edge of the body. So, being one of the most toxic creatures on the planet with the ability to inflict about the most excruciating pain a human being can know it really should have emptied more than just one bar of my health meter. More like all but one, I and I should have come out of the water screaming my head off and been in hospital for weeks, if not actually been paralyzed in the water and drowned :-\\

But then if I can eat AK-47 rounds, get cooked by Molotovs, survive grenade blasts from three metres away and fend off tigers and crocodiles then a piddling little blob of clear jelly blubber isn't going to slow me down much :-()

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 19, 2012, 01:09:13 PM
But then if I can eat AK-47 rounds, get cooked by Molotovs, survive grenade blasts from three metres away and fend off tigers and crocodiles then a piddling little blob of clear jelly blubber isn't going to slow me down much :-()

Quite right fragger; guys like Jason Brody spread that clear jelly blubber on toast and have it for breakfast

Art Blade

PZ

Yeah.... but one tough mother...  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳