Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 08, 2012, 07:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

:laugh: @ fragger's caption "Really, how much can a pirate bear?"

Fun pics guys.  I've been too busy trying to keep my skin intact to spend much time snapping screen shots and too involved in remembering important things like my name and where I left my pants last night to recall the steps to compress shots and then OWG forum codes to post them if I did capture any good screenies.  :-[
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

if you use irfanView, open the screenshot location ( HD:\Users\mandru\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3\Screenshots\ ) and load a pic. Then CTRL+R for Resize (see left part of the screenshot), make it 1024 and OK. Then hit S for Save, look down at the open dialog, make sure to choose to save as JPG, and check the checkbox below "Show Options Dialog" so you get to see the little window (see right part of the screenshot) and adjust to "85" (compresses a lot yet keeps still enough detail).

The forum does the rest: while you're composing a post, check the icons menu bar above the smileys, second row, 5th icon (shows two cascading pics, blue sky in the background, sunset in the foreground). "Select which album you want to upload this item to" on the top of the pop-up window and then only click on "File to upload" > BROWSE button. Take your pick, submit. That's it, the forum will automatically embed that uploaded picture, so you can just submit your post :)

Like this:

[smg id=5242 type=preview align=center caption="irfanview change quality"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I'm glad I was worried early on about getting enough deer hide to complete my crafting chores (and I couldn't even fit them all in the shot)

[smg id=5243]

I mean, really, how did they miss adding a snakeskin wallet?

[smg id=5244]

BTW I didn't shoot him with the rifle, got out the bow instead.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

The first snake got a headshot with my first gun, that 1911, when checking the first radio tower. I slashed a few with my machete or Tanto, too. But a bow.. man, you're a bloody savage. I like that  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 31, 2012, 02:23:26 PM
I mean, really, how did they miss adding a snakeskin wallet?

True... I don't understand why snake skin and crocodile leather are not suited for any crafting in this game!  ????

No fancy boots? A purse?  ::)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on December 31, 2012, 06:31:41 PM
The first snake got a headshot with my first gun, that 1911, when checking the first radio tower. I slashed a few with my machete or Tanto, too. But a bow.. man, you're a bloody savage. I like that  :-D

If you remember my screenshots from Call Of Juarez, I shot down a vulture with the bow, will have to try that in FC3. Even though the feathers are almost worthless, nice target practice anyway.

Thing is, when I try to shoot a pirate with the bow, almost always miss.....
D_B

Art Blade

I remember :) ..here: :-() :-X

[smg id=1787 type=link align=center width=500]

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, that's it....  :-D

Now.... on my way to liberate an outpost, came across this rabid dog attacking some pirates, he took out four or five, maybe more since I didn't see the entire fight, before they finally took him out.

[smg id=5255]

Then, Artificial Dumbness at w@&k, this group tried to drive across a bridge that wasn't there, got stuck. Two guys got out and started walking, but the other two kept getting back in and trying to drive off, then getting out when it didn't w@&k, then got back in.....

[smg id=5253]

One of the iron beam dudes. He was spinning in place at the top of this cliff. Finally, when the A.D. guys (see above) started shooting at a leopard or something, he finally dropped it and wandered around. I nudged the beam off the cliff, hoping to hit some deer below but it missed.

[smg id=5254]

After a while, I eventually made it to the outpost and liberated it in typical messy fashion. I think they might have noticed that I hit one of those propane tanks and lit half the place on fire. Maybe.

[smg id=5256]
D_B

PZ

Great photos guys!  I always appreciate seeing things I have not yet seen in the game despite having completed it.  :-X

@fragger; amazing that you found Gord's wheelchair!

Art Blade

absolutely, I want to see that wheelchair, too :)

@ D_B:  :-D that fire there.. maybe it wasn't clear enough. Next time you might want to make sure and set the entire surrounding on fire before lobbing Molotovs into the outpost. You could still shout, "FIRE!" just for additional safety. :-D

fragger

Great shots D_B, love the artificial dumbness one.

That outpost you burned is one of my faves, just for its location, both aesthetic and strategic - and it comes with a gunboat :-X

I can't for the life of me remember where that wheelchair was... I'm pretty sure it's on the north island though.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on January 01, 2013, 08:16:51 PM
I can't for the life of me remember where that wheelchair was... I'm pretty sure it's on the north island though.

Gord'll know - he left it there... Gord?

fragger

Art Blade

No, he didn't leave it there, he forgot it there. Otherwise fragger wouldn't have found it  :-()

durian

Dweller, great shots. I especially like the artificial dumbness one, really hilarious  :-X :laugh:
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Dweller_Benthos

This reminds me of the one diamond case in FC2 where you find it after someone else has already gone to the trouble of digging it up. These guys dug up three cases and didn't bother to open them, so I did them a favor and took the loot for myself.

[smg id=5257]

Then right after that I crossed the river and almost got eaten by a crocodile (or are they alligators?) then a little while later at the lumber yard, I did get eaten by one. Sneaky devils. So I skinned a few in payback.

and, last for tonight, Binnatics reminds us who's the boss.

[smg id=5258]
D_B

PZ

Nice, D_B, there are many places in FC3 that are reminiscent of FC2.  :-X

Art Blade

hehe, yeah.. I too keep seeing Binnatics all over the shop (or, those red rocks)  :)

durian

Nice shots DB.  :-X

So Binnatics works for Ubisoft ?  ;D I've never come across any red rocks with Binnatics written on it
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Here's an interesting one.  Looks like a trommel used to mine gold, however, it is used to concentrate gold by feeding thousands of yards of gold-rich gravel through it's maw.  In the foreground are ore carts typically used in hard rock mining (tunnels), which processes ore by an entirely different method.  I haven't seen both types of equipment on the same mining site.

[smg id=5316 width=400 align=center]

fragger

There's a few of those trommels around in the game. I never knew the name for those, thanks :)

fragger

Come on Daisy, pull yourself together! *whapp*
[smg id=5318 align=center width=600]

"Anything you can do, I can do better..."
[smg id=5319 align=center width=600]

Here's the Medusa, apparently with a yellow ba$t@rd on board.
[smg id=5320 align=center width=600]

"Violators will be prosecuted"? Shouldn't that be, " Violators will be shot on sight"?
[smg id=5321 align=center width=600]

When I invited these guys around for a barbie, I bet they didn't expect this...
[smg id=5322 align=center width=600]

"Shoot that poison arrow through my hear-ar-ar-art..."
[smg id=5323 align=center width=600]

The newest innovation in skydiving - the harnessless parachute!
[smg id=5324 align=center width=600]

"This hyar's the Rubber Duck! Y'all watch art fer Smokey Bar in these hyar parts! Thazza big ten-foah, gude buddy!"
[smg id=5325 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

<chortle> funny comments and pics  :-D

PZ

^-^ :-X  good series fragger!

Dweller_Benthos

I was wandering around when I heard a bunch of gun fire. Thinking there was a fight going on, I approached with caution. Turns out it was these three yahoos on the beach wasting ammo.

[smg id=5327]

Then, how my FC3 session usually ends, with a crash. Nice.

[smg id=5328]
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳