Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 08, 2012, 07:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

The sad part of it D_B (above and beyond your chronic computer problems  :-(  ) is that if you try to jump in and celebrate with those three yahoos who can be found at various times in vastly various places they can get angry and yell at you telling you to watch out where you are shooting.

Even if you are being careful.  :(
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

I just saw those guys on my last session, also in the beach.

fragger

Then they wonder why they get jumped :-()

I sympathise with you and your game crashing, D_B. I get that too, a lot more than I'd like (which would be never).

Dweller_Benthos

What's your system setup, fragger? Maybe we can narrow things down to a fixable cause. Mine started when I installed the new video card and the latest drivers. I'm thinking it's the drivers that FC3 doesn't like. I'm also sure it's a problem with FC3 as I have no problems with any other games. If I knew for sure, I'd downgrade to a driver that I knew worked.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

nVidia likely knows there is an issue with the drivers because they have issued yet another update that among other things addresses FC3 issues.

Dweller_Benthos

I just see the 310.90 drivers, which I have already, unless there's something else?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

No, you have the latest version.  Still not fixed obviously  :D

Ironically I have not had a single crash with my old GTX 295, and here you are with the latest and greatest that does not even w@&k with one of the latest and greatest games.  :-\\

durian

Quote from: mandru  on January 07, 2013, 06:54:36 PM
The sad part of it D_B (above and beyond your chronic computer problems  :-(  ) is that if you try to jump in and celebrate with those three yahoos who can be found at various times in vastly various places they can get angry and yell at you telling you to watch out where you are shooting.

Even if you are being careful.  :(

I remembered I was doing side quest "Eternal love", the woman asked me to talk to her husband and then shoot around his feet to scare him. There were 2 Rakyats standing nearby, as soon as I fired at the ground near the husband's feet, those Rakyats instantly shot at me.  >:(
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

fragger

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 08, 2013, 08:03:38 AM
What's your system setup, fragger? Maybe we can narrow things down to a fixable cause. Mine started when I installed the new video card and the latest drivers. I'm thinking it's the drivers that FC3 doesn't like. I'm also sure it's a problem with FC3 as I have no problems with any other games. If I knew for sure, I'd downgrade to a driver that I knew worked.

Here's what I'm running D_B:

CPU: Intel i7-2600 @3.4GHz
RAM: 16GB
Vid: nVidia GeForce GT 545
       Driver v.267.95
       RAM: 4GB
       Running under DX11

As you can see, I haven't upgraded my drivers for a while :-[ Maybe the game is just finicky about what kind of video setup it likes. I'm thinking of going to DX9 and mucking around with the game's video settings some more. PZ's tip about the new drivers was sounding hopeful, but if you've already got those then the prob might still lay elsewhere.

Last night it hung on me while I was trying to exit. I mean, I got all the way to the final "Are you sure you want to exit?"-type question, went OK - and it hung there, showing the splash backdrop with a bunch of overlapping black oblongs in the middle.

DKM2 was having all sorts of trouble with crashes too, maybe if he sees this he could let us know what he's running.

@durian, I've had that happen too, but the last time I did that mission the guy caved while the other two did nothing. Seems to be a bit of a lottery :-()

PZ

I'd at least give dx9 a whirl to see what happens.  I have other video applications where the dx version makes a difference even when it is not supposed to do so.

fragger

That's true, I've noticed a considerable difference with Civ V between the two DX versions. On 9 it's smooth as silk, on 10/11 it's very jerky.

fragger

I was wondering why my car was going "Whop-whop-whop-whop-whop..." This'll do it.
[smg id=5335 align=center width=600]

I herded this goat right into an untimely demise >:D
[smg id=5336 align=center width=600]

And hey, it works on bad guys too! This clown was patrolling along the top of the path, so I got his attention and down he came. As I hoped, he ran right into Mr. Croc!
His mate wasn't so silly, I had to do him with a bullet.
[smg id=5337 align=center width=600]

Whoopsie - one too many Piña Coladas for this guy...
[smg id=5338 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

very, very nice, fragger  :laugh: :-X +1 for recent good stories and pics :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Why, thank you, sir :)

Art Blade

:)

No, I'm not going to ask aggressively for his lukewarm beer. I'll kill him for the chair  :-D
[smg id=5339 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0033"]

fragger

durian

another nice mini series of shots, fragger  :-X

I'm wondering if crocs attack big predators like tigers, bears or leopards ?

PZ

Definitely contest winner material on those crocodile caps!  :-X kudos!

durian

Quote from: Art Blade on January 08, 2013, 05:12:41 PM
:)

No, I'm not going to ask aggressively for his lukewarm beer. I'll kill him for the chair  :-D

:laugh:

fragger

Thanks muchly for the kudos, guys :)

Art Blade

I should have warned Sam not to go to the barbie that evening.. you know, having had a couple of bowls of that rich bean-and-onion soup...

[smg id=5358 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2013 01 07 00011"]

fragger

:laugh: :o Whoa, what blew up there?

durian

Very impressive fire Art  :-X

PZ

Art likes large fires; you should have seen one he created at the border crossing in FC2  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳