FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

lol, I doubt it; the vehicles seem a bit more reasonable in FC3  :-()

Art Blade

I love them. Ever tried to power-slide around corners?  :laugh: :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Although I've not exactly tried to power slide, it had been the outcome of many chase scenes.  :-()

fragger

I've managed to get a few good drifts going, except once when I drifted off a precipice ???

So I was traipsing through the bush and came upon two vehicles on the road below me at the base of a small cliff with a bunch of pirates hanging around them. Feeling like a skirmish I opened up on them with my Bushman and took a couple down before they realised where the fire was coming from, saw me and returned fire. There was another road up above me somewhere and I soon heard the sound of another vehicle approaching from up there, drawn towards the ruckus. Evidently the driver of this car lost it on a curve or something because while I was watching the pirates below, the newcomers arrived by sailing almost straight down from out of the upper frame and nose diving into the road right between the two parked cars, spilling pirates out onto the roadway. The car caught fire and almost immediately exploded, causing the other two vehicles to do the same. Suddenly I had nobody left to fight with...

Glad to see there's still plenty of artificial stupidity on display with this game :-D

mandru

I was clearing an outpost (Hubris Farms I believe) that had cassowaries stalking around the outskirts.  The longer it took for me to set up up for the final push to seize the location it was as if the birds were being drawn in making the task of keeping an eye on the movements of the mercs and the encroaching pests a bothersome chore.

Out of all that I noticed that the ever present screech of the cassowaries coming closer and closer was not an actual bird call but is a highly filtered and distorted human voice repeating the line "I drink blood".

Check it out.  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

lol fragger  :laugh:

yeah, mandru, one can make all kinds of things of those birds' voice. Could as well be a high pitched "what the f***"  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on December 23, 2012, 07:17:38 AM
Out of all that I noticed that the ever present screech of the cassowaries coming closer and closer was not an actual bird call but is a highly filtered and distorted human voice repeating the line "I drink blood".

I just did that outpost, and did not notice that line, nor the cassowaries so I must have missed out.  However, this is the nature of open world games!  ^-^

I'm going to use the mod to reset all the outposts after I've completed the bulk of them, and will let you guys know the outcome.

fragger

Nice, I'll be interested to hear how that goes :-X

I had to replace my PC's power supply today (I'd been suspecting that it was on the way out, and indeed this morning it expired), so in case the mod screws things up I'd rather deal with just one setback per week :-\\

@mandru, I'll have to remember to listen to the cassowaries next time I'm near them. I love how they somersault when plugged during an oncoming charge :-()

Art Blade

I did reset the outposts, read here  :)

PZ

Resetting the outposts is a real game changer for me.  now I can liberate all the outposts I want during the main game refining my techniques, comforted with the knowledge that I can re-do the outposts by using this simple change.  The side benefit is that liberating the outposts opens other side missions.  Another benefit for me is that because this modification involves a simple dll change, I can still use my weapons mod, and should have no ill effect.

On the console however, it is an entirely different story.  I would save outposts like a fine bottle of wine to be savored on another day.

On a side note, I did a race challenge not long ago in which you needed to use a jet ski.  However, that boat is really squirrely for me so I drove a fast rubber boat to the start of the challenge, interacted with the guy, and then used my boat instead of his.  Worked splendidly!

Art Blade

THAT is hilarious, kudos, old friend  :) :-X

PZ

Thanks AB  ^-^

Nothing like double-crossing the challenge starter  >:D

Art Blade

:)

Funny moment: when you realise that it would be really cool to pass two Jeep crews of pirates slightly above their heads in a wingsuit and almost rip a bandana off someone's face passing by.

Not so funny moment: when you realise your wingsuit is not bulletproof while you're getting shot down and die in mid-air above said two Jeep crews of pirates.

PZ

Jim di Griz

Quote from: PZ on December 23, 2012, 05:56:28 PM
...On a side note, I did a race challenge not long ago in which you needed to use a jet ski.  However, that boat is really squirrely for me so I drove a fast rubber boat to the start of the challenge, interacted with the guy, and then used my boat instead of his.  Worked splendidly!
Excellent find PZ  :-X I'll have to try that. I did notice that when doing the hunter challenges, if you have an upgraded weapon of the type needed, it'll let you keep that rather than using the basic one provided - probably not news though  :)

For amusement, skip to 1.48 on the easter egg vid...

Best Easter Eggs Series - Far Cry 3 // Ep.33

:)

EDIT: I also found an amusing Map Editor vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JtKKtHXzaDs#!
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Hehe, crazy  :)

Hey Jim :) Pssst, in all secrecy, brace for impact and carefully open this spoiler..
Spoiler
Quote from: Art Blade on December 07, 2012, 11:22:45 PM2) The final upgrade will always be one unique animal which you can only get by doing the corresponding "Path of the Hunter" mission which you will find in liberated outposts. Path of the hunter missions usually require hunting with a bow. If you have your own, you'll have a better scope/visor. You can always use your own weapon for the Path of the Hunter missions as long as you're carrying it with you, i.e. your own shotgun.
8-X :-[ :-D

Jim di Griz

:) I'd guessed correctly then  :-D I was too late...too busy sniffing the flowers on the way.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Art Blade

it's all good  :-D Better sniffing flowers than pushing up daisies  :-()

PZ

Thanks Jim, I got the idea from JC2 in which there was a mission to fly from a chemical factory down to the beach town. I couldn't do it using the provided aircraft so I used a small jet.  :-()

Art Blade

something we learned from you back then and again now.  :-()

something "funny" for fragger  :-() who will remember his first version of this mission:

[smg id=5176 type=link align=center width=400 caption="2012 12 24 00055"]
[smg id=5177 type=link align=center width=400 caption="2012 12 24 00057"]
[smg id=5178 type=link align=center width=400 caption="2012 12 24 00059"]

durian

Quote from: mandru  on December 23, 2012, 07:17:38 AM

This moring, I was wndering in the area to the east of Amanaki, there were some cassowaries fighting with dingo, I thought they say "Oh my God!", "Oh my God!"  ;D
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

fragger

That stupid pirate captain sure knows how to make life difficult, doesn't he? :D :-D

lol durian :-D

mandru

I do think the cassowaries call was created with a subliminal message to make them more intimidating.  I can't prove what it is that's being said or that it's an engineered human voice but I'm sticking with my impression.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Jim di Griz

Quote from: durian on December 24, 2012, 04:05:00 PM
...there were some cassowaries fighting with dingo, I thought they say "Oh my God!", "Oh my God!"  ;D
Yes, it definitely has that sitcom 'Oh My God!' screech. I also like some of the other interpretations too.

The snakes are the ones I find hard to judge - they are so infrequent and sound like something far bigger - the sound is too deep, like a croc hissing - so I assume croc or Komodo and adjust my approach for that. On the 'Space Alien' side mission, I was in the stream and was looking for a hidden croc so didn't see the little sod beside the container.

Until then I hadn't been bitten by one...I was wary for them after that and lobbed a grenade up onto the rock ledge by the waterfall when I next heard the hiss  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳