FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Undetected I'd disabled both of the two alarms with long range silenced sniper shots as well as mopped up all the pirates I could visually tag at an outpost but the flag remained unchanged.  ????   The only thing I could think of was that there must be a pirate still hidden from view.

I silently approached only to be pounced by a camp dog that I was unaware of lying in wait for me.  I easily dispatched the guard dog with my katana which unexpectedly initiated the flag change cut scene of an outpost successfully seized.  Because the dog had spotted me it cost me the 1500 XP takeover bonus for the outpost.  :D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

It happened to me as well at The Old Mines. The last remaining guard dog spotted me and I lost my 1500XP... I reloaded and killed all pirates... and dogs... and got my XP   8).

There was even a caged leopard there but I wanted to make sure all the pirates... and dogs... dies by my hands  >:D >:D >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Jim di Griz

Just saw a hilarious wtf moment while driving a jeep - my lady decided to jump out at speed, expecting a roll and tumble but found herself stood, facing backwards on the bonnet as it coasted to a stop...

It was a pure Goofy moment and so I couldn't help but imagine an image of Goofy sat there on the bonnet, ears flapping around his face with that helpless 'Huuh?' expression on his face, just clutching a heavy assault rifle...we couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes.

She also encountered and fought an invisible Buck, also no voice - just a floating book and key, then knife - that was weird.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:laugh:

Buck does some weird stuff (and I don't just mean with young guys...)

The first time through the game I reached the part where you meet up with Buck at the deep crater lake. When you first approach him he's sitting on a slab of rock, leaning back on his arms. At least, that's how he's supposed to be. When I first encountered him there, this was what I found:

[smg id=5250 width=600]

He wouldn't move, I couldn't interact with him and I couldn't shoot him, he just literally hung there with a blissful expression on his face like he was in the middle of a good trip. I had to get right out of the area and then come back before he unfroze and came back to earth :-()

Art Blade

Cool, LOL  :laugh: Makes me want to kick him out of the air and down that hole :-D

fragger

I tried, believe me, I tried :-()

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: DKM2 on December 29, 2012, 10:12:01 AM
I'm starting to hate dogs, they're everywhere, damn! Leash Law people!

Think flamethrower DKM2; whenever any animal comes at me I pull out that trusty animal control device.  A quick spray with flaming fuel is all it takes to send them packing, never mind the satisfying sound of their yelps as they die/run.

JRD

My wife caught me doing Citra...   :-[

PZ

Jim di Griz

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

It all depends on the next thing you say, JRD, when she catches you. probably the best compromise would be, "let's do that. Now." :-D

PZ

Just don't call her "Citra" the next time you are intimate; that would be a fatal mistake difficult to recover from  :-()

fragger

I knew it would only be a matter of time before one of us got sprung :-[

JRD

I tried to explain... it is just a game, I said... but to no avail... started 2013 sleeping in the couch!  :-(

fragger

I knew that Citra was a home wrecker... ::)

Could have been worse - you could have ended up in the doghouse. And what's the worst part about sleeping in the doghouse? When the doghouse is in someone else's yard because you don't own a dog.

mandru

I knew that scene with Citra was going to be in the game long before I received it.  So I set out to diffuse any misunderstanding that might arise.  I laid some easily controlled back burns to prevent a run away wildfire.

After viewing pre-release previews while she was sitting at our extra long shared computer desk next to me I complained aloud about the direction that the game developers were taking to hype up excitement for the game using unnecessary crudity and vulgar language in the game when all that was needed was good storyline and solid game play and then I took the time to discuss what I was hoping for in the game.

Then a few nights ago one of the IGN walkthrough videos had a 17+ warning disclaimer at the start of it that amused me.  I played the disclaimer for her showing the list of things that might be included but not limited to content shown in the clip.  There was excessive graphic violence, strong language, nudity and among a couple other hot spot topics the one thing that had initially cracked me up in IGN's verbal list of potential naughtiness "...And worst of all Possible Spoilers."

By talking things out ahead I've been able to maintain her perception that the game is a benign and boyish if overly gruesome past time.  :angel:

Spoiler

Ahem... Uh ...  Disclaimer  :-\\ :

All that said I've also been very careful to play those parts of the game I'd prefer to not rub in her face for time periods where she is not present.  No matter how well I have planned to prevent marital conflict I've learned long ago to never over estimate my ability to anticipate, direct or prevent the moods and whims of any female.  >:D
- mandru

PZ

That's the ticket, mandru, preemptive complaining about the game to keep you out of the doghouse:

"Check out this ridiculous ending honey... absolutely disgusting..."  Just don't let the missus see you hit the record key.  >:D

mandru

- mandru

durian

Lucky me I'm single so I can do Citra as many times as I want  ;D
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

:laugh: funny comments.

I find it ridiculous if a wife/girlfriend takes one small part of a game seriously enough to pull something like JRD had to suffer through. It's not adultery, damn it. And it is OK to kill people by the thousands, isn't it.

fragger

lol you guys :-D

Good point Art. Personally, I would have thought that watching someone taking great delight in the simulated slaughter of other human beings would have been a greater cause for concern than seeing them having a proxy cyberbonk with a tattooed jungle girl on a temple slab.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on January 02, 2013, 01:29:37 PM
... And it is OK to kill people by the thousands, isn't it.

Reminds me of animals in movies... you can literally kill millions of people and nary a comment from the audience, but hurt one collie and everyone in the place falls down with grief.

Tags:
🡱 🡳