FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Had one of those free outpost clearing moments. I was approaching, I guess it's called AM12? from the old bunker on the coast so I swung around east a bit so I wasn't coming from below. Heard some dragons in the weeds, so I went even further east and got up on a big rock when I heard the shouts and gunfire and roaring of the dragons. I just got out my camera to see what was what when I got the all clear message and the blue flag went up. Nice. Didn't even fire a shot. Forget now if I got the 1500 XP or not, but I think you would right? I wasn't seen, heck, I wasn't even really close yet.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

yes D_B, I think as long as you have tagged one of the outpost's guys, you'll get the XP and indeed 1,500XP if your detection meter (the white thing that pops up) didn't fill up completely (it  would then have started to flash briefly if you had been detected). So.. nice one  :-D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

What a coincidence, the same thing happened to me last night at the very same outpost, AM12. I wasn't even trying to liberate it, I was trying to sneak around it. I heard someone yelling out a warning about a Komodo Dragon followed by a great deal of shooting and general commotion, then I got the cinematic and the blue flag going up. I didn't even see anybody or do any scouting :-()

Re: Art's rock bear, that pic looks weird ???? Is the bear stuck in the roof of a cave?

And re: the hang glider thing, I haven't been pushed upwards but I have been pushed away and down - once near Citra's Temple and once when I tried to land in Thurston Town.

mandru

I encountered an untimely Philadelphia Experiment moment in the mission where you snap the photo of the conspirators on the bridge at the gorge.  I'd made it to the point of winning my way nto the bridge and grabbing the list but the guy had sunk almost completely into the bridge surface.  I couldn't loot him.  :D

Fortunately I had the option of a restart from the last check point which was enough to shake things loose and didn't have to start the whole mission over.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

I've had that happen too, only my guy ended up hanging by one arm from under the bridge with no way of reaching him. Reload time...

I had a bit of a funny moment outside the game last night. I'd been watching Babylon 5 before FC3 came along and took my time away from it, so last night I got back into the show, and one of the first things that struck me was how much Londo sounded like the pirates in FC3 :-D I almost expected him to say something like "It burns like hell when I piss! Should have used a rubber..."

Art Blade

:laugh:

the last time I played the bridge mission, the guy had fallen 15 metres down into the river and I had to dive in order to loot him.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:-D

Getting to that guy can be a bit of a lottery, it seems!

Jim di Griz

Quote from: fragger on January 06, 2013, 12:03:12 AM
...one of the first things that struck me was how much Londo sounded like the pirates in FC3 :-D I almost expected him to say something like "It burns like hell when I piss! Should have used a rubber..."
:laugh: and it's actually the kind of thing he'd likely say too  ^-^
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

fragger

PZ

I did a jet ski jaunt over several jumps, the longest one being into the gorge where the mine is found on both sides.  The mine tunnels lead eventually to the bridge in the mission.  I was pleasantly walking through the tunnels, reminiscing about good old times when some cheeky guys started shooting at me!  Ruined my whole vacation.

Jim di Griz

Quote from: PZ on January 06, 2013, 09:19:56 PM
...I was pleasantly walking through the tunnels, reminiscing about good old times when some cheeky guys started shooting at me!  Ruined my whole vacation.
I hope you reminded them that shooting first, before seeing how well armed you were might possibly be a bad idea... :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Jim di Griz

During one of the Rakyat Trials, I got molotoved to death - which can happen. When I restarted though, I was still on fire and so had to waste precious seconds flapping the flames out...by which time pirate number one had noticed, turned around and said something intelligent.

PZ

Quote from: Jim di Griz on January 07, 2013, 02:54:37 AM
I hope you reminded them that shooting first, before seeing how well armed you were might possibly be a bad idea... :)

:laugh:  :-X  Indeed I did; although they were far away I had a well-equipped Z93 and an AMR.

I'm going to play with the rocket launcher a bit more just to have some fun with the outposts.  Now that I can opt not to take over the outpost, I can have all kinds of experimenting fun with those great areas  ^-^

fragger

:-D Geez Jim, that's a bit rough - having a fire follow you through to your next incarnation! Where was that personal waterfall when you needed it? :-()

Dweller_Benthos

Another outpost that I had trouble with the first time around (e.g. I died) I restarted and looked a little closer at the outpost before starting to shoot at people. This one had a couple of those more armored guys who you can only headshot from behind because they have that face shield on. Anyway, second try I noticed that they had a tiger in a cage. Nice. Let him loose and while he was clearing the place I took a couple shots at some of the more exposed guys. Liberated the outpost and went in to sell some stuff. Walked out all cocky and immediately got attacked by a bear. I managed to mash the right key to escape, and as I was healing, he attacked again, and as I frantically tried to switch to a gun to shoot him, I died.

Not quite so bad as drowning in an underwater cave while searching for one of those totems, though. yeah, I did that too.
D_B

Art Blade

You know, D_B, you have a way of playing (and telling about it) that is amusing. Actually worth another slap on your back  :-D :-X

In my case I find it amusing because the same s#!t happened, or almost happened, to me, too.  :-()

PZ

Indeed; always an entertaining read  :-X

I'm sure you old timers have noticed that we now have 4 stars in our profiles - catching up to 'ol Gord!

Art Blade

we should replace his stars with pill bottles or cough syrup bottles  :-D

mandru

Hot rodded electric scooters?  :angel:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Art Blade

Jim di Griz

So the warrior difficulty is going okay, or at least it was until I went for the white bellied tapir - but more about that in a moment.

Camps were tougher, mostly due to my self-imposed refusal to use the tagging option. I did get one camp undetected, but none since. I know, my choice.

The wildlife though, now that's another story. I was approaching the camp just north of the Tapir territory for that hunter quest and I saw Cassowaries, wild dogs, buffalo and tigers all over the place...

I manged to get around to the camp and take it, but not without tackling two tigers first. Then came the White bellied Tapir quest. Got the Tapir with my bow, nabbed a few more as I needed four hides for crafting (and for some reason the game decided that it would make dead bodies disappear if I wasn't quick enough in getting there) so I was there for a while - then ran into another tiger, crossed the river, ran into yet another up by the road.

By this point I was getting a bit peed off with it all and just wanted to get somewhere safe, so I took it out with a grenade, which bought a whole double column of pirate scouts down the road - I didn't survive that. This meant I had to do all of those skins again - which I did, with teeth gritted. With the last one secured and game saved, I got jumped on by another tiger at the water's edge. I stayed in the shallows and wore it down...until a croc got me from behind.

It was clearly not my day  ^-^

Oh yes, another thing: silenced sniper shots apparently can be heard by the pirates  >:( I'll need to test that further as I did shoot out the alarm box when a pirate was stood quite close by...I'm sure I shot another lone pirate earlier though who was in no-ones line of sight, and the rest all went crazy. Like I say, I'll have to check that as a few bevarages of the ale variety had been consumed by then, so my perception might not have been at its best. I also hope the vanishing animal and pirate bodies glitch stops...

Dweller_Benthos

Many times I've not been quick enough to loot a body or skin an animal and gone back to find nothing. If it was a pirate, their gun may still be there, but not the body. That's why I try to loot and skin as soon as possible after killing something. But that can get you into trouble if something else attacks while you're going about the dirty w@&k.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳