infinite arms dealer convoy missions

Started by Art Blade, January 18, 2010, 10:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

At first I thought it was a singular glitch, a mistake, an error... but I can reproduce it. Has even happened before, during a different assignment. Ok, here the story:

Just entered Bowa, finished the barge mission, I decided to take on a mission at the arms dealer at Marina. It is a convoy to the east of the Airfield, on the other side of that river. I came from Marina, turned around the corner behind the airfield, passed that GP located at the railroad, and then had to pass that GP on the other side of the bridge, you know, with that Carl-G merc on his rock, aiming down the bridge at you. Since I just got there, I scouted both GPs, and took out the Jeep Liberty Patrol and a patrolling boat below that bridge. When I got to the GP with that Carl-G merc, he wasn't there (alright, the convoy passed quite close to that GP, so it wasn't manned... only the stationary SAW next to the 2nd parked AT was manned, on the far end of the GP, viewed from the bridge). Now I was in "Carl's" position on that rock and I threw hand grenades at those two parked ATs. That caught another AT's attention, a patrol, and that ATP came by my post, so I shot the driver and the gunner, then blew the AT up.

Some mercs showed up, all of a sudden, and I heard a fast firing and high-pitched burst of a MAC10. Funny, the Carl-G merc had returned... and the stationary .50 MG was manned too, shooting at me. I killed everyone and thought it was about time to go on with the mission -- but my map didn't show that red circle any more. I checked my statistics, 21 side missions. Since I hadn't seen any "mission accomplished" message, I saved, and reloaded the previous savegame, 20 side missions, arms dealer mission still on. I tested if I could repeat it... I could! So this time I tried to find the big truck, and he was somewhere to the northeast, steaming white after he got stuck on a rock. However, I reloaded the savegame with those first 21 side missions, and drove to the nearby arms dealer, east of Port Selao. Strange enough, no pause screen with info on the newest available weapons popped up, yet I could talk to the arms dealer. Sounded familiar... same mission, again!

Again, same proceedure as above, only this time I spared the first GP and went straight to the Carl G position, after killing the Liberty merc, the boat, and the SAW merc. I blew up the ATs of that GP and again, the convoy was well visible from that position and I shot at the rear ATP of that convoy. They came by, I killed them, and again, the Carl-G merc and the .50 merc popped up out of nowhere, so I killed them. And yes... 22 side missions. No mission accomplished message, though. Again.

Guess what... I drove to the arms dealer... and he had the same mission for me, again... 23 side missions.

Now let me tell you about the long-ago incident, it did happen to me before. That was also in Bowa, that convoy was near the Outpost. When it happened (red mission circle disappeared, yet one more mission on my stats) I was playing around at that Outpost, and the convoy got somehow into the Outpost area.

Conclusion: If you stay inside an area that has a GP function (mercs) when you attack convoy ATs, the mission counter works, but the mission is aborted. So to speak. I reckon that blowing up the big truck with whatever weapons will lead to a proper finish.

Now let's see if you can reproduce that :) Have fun.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:-X Good story Art, when I get to Bowa next time around I'll try that and see what happens.

I know some members, including myself, have had the experience of recieving the same convoy mission twice in a row (I can't remember what causes it) but a forever-repeating mission is a new one on me. I can't wait to try that!

Art Blade

I suppose it works in Leboa, too. All you need should be a GP sort of thing (anything that respawns mercs I guess) and stay there, until the convoy shows up. Don't leave the area when you kill the convoy patrol(s). Let the big truck survive.

Let us know if it works :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Art Blade

Just did an arms dealer mission in Bowa, convoy around TaeMoCo Mine, passing two guard posts. Both were manned, and the Truck remained a target, no matter what.

Seems like it doesn't w@&k everywhere  :(

Art Blade

Anyway, I have no side missions left, and my statistics show 43/40 side missions now  :)

fragger

Art Blade

at least unbeaten, as far as I know, but not the first time.

Quote from: mmosu on November 30, 2009, 07:04:30 PM
Yeah, I've got a playthrough where I have 43/40 side jobs also.

Quote from: Art Blade on November 29, 2009, 08:49:24 AM
I've managed to get 43/40 side missions

[smg id=1721 align=center width=400]

:)

fragger

I see. Or rather, I didn't see ;D

Hats off to you too, mmosu! :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳