Buddy locations

Started by Johndoubt, March 22, 2009, 02:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

In my notebook the objectives were to meet either the pater at the church or Michele at Mike's. I think the game needs a name there because your mission is to help your buddies at Mike's. I think if no buddies are left, the game would get confused since there wouldn't be two options.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ceres Tauri

Quote from: rick2468 on April 19, 2009, 06:53:06 AM
  The story missions do not feel connected and I don't feel like I am progressing.

I think one of the "PC" morals of the game is to instill the sense of futility and stupidity of such brushfire wars in Africa and around the world.  The faction bosses main aim is to take and keep power over the people.  One of their main goals is to mess with the other faction so they dont get ahead.  One comes up with a cure for malaria for God's sake, and the enemies' mission is to destroy it!  So senseless...  If you really pay attention to what they say when you are heading inside before you climb those stairs... they are just petty ganglords with guns.  That gives them some power but they are just ruining their own country with it.

If I had a merc mission to find "the real cure for malaria" and destroy it... I'd find a way out of that country with it and into Switzerland, where I'd be rich for generations.  Mercs fight for money.  Smart mercs could smell that real money from across the map.

PZ

Well said - and one of the most contemptuous rascals is Prosper Kouassi, waving his arms around holding his pistol.  Who does he think he's fooling - take the gun away and he'd be a cringing playground coward.  I always enjoy popping his skull at Goka
Falls or at the troop rally.

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on May 02, 2009, 12:33:12 PM
So far, there is a chance that every buddy can give you a mission.
Now, what about 42/40? Strange... any thoughts?

[smg id=1721 align=center width=400]

All I can say, I'm not exactly sure what went "wrong" but I did get those 2 extra missions from a best buddy/rescue buddy swap, making 42. Then I did all cell tower missions, and the one in Port Selao I was allowed twice.  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I'm reading that as 43/40 not 42 or did I miss something?
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

You read it perfectly well. It is 43/40.  ;D

mmosu

Yeah, I've got a playthrough where I have 43/40 side jobs also.  I don't really get why it's this way.  It's not like there are any hidden "bonus missions" or anything.  You got me  :-\

Art Blade

I think only one mission is irregular, to get 43/40. However, 42/40 is explainable:

If you play completely normal, you'll never get two missions of the rescue buddy that you'd get if he/she wasn't rescue buddy. So, you need to "promote" the rescue buddy to best buddy, and by that freeing those two extra missions, that's how you get 42. Oh, and you need to have all buddies around, that means one has to die so the 11th buddy (6th, respectively, in Leboa) comes into game and offers the two missions.

To promote your rescue buddy, just keep getting rescued a while, force it, until the history is higher than the one of the best buddy. At least by 2, maybe 3 points. That will make them swap places. :)

My 43rd mission was definitely a cell tower mission played twice, only I don't know why.

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on November 30, 2009, 07:12:04 PM
To promote your rescue buddy, just keep getting rescued a while, force it, until the history is higher than the one of the best buddy. At least by 2, maybe 3 points. That will make them swap places. :)

Or just blow away your best buddy  ;D ;D ;D

mandru

Quote from: mmosu on December 01, 2009, 03:50:19 AM
Or just blow away your best buddy  ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, I've worked places where that's the only way I'd have ever been promoted and come to think of it, retired.

(fixed the quote /Art)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳