Prison, Jackal and Endgame

Started by retiredgord, September 02, 2009, 08:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

After talking to Rueben at the Airfield I knew the time has come for an end to the chaos. I'm to meet Jackal at the Prison and talk to him there. I'm not concerned about him killing me now, and I'm hesitant about whether I'll try to kill him. I'm going and that's a decision made.
      I drive down to the Marina Gun Shop with seemingly no opposition, or a towering rep for violence that few want to face. I get all the equipment for the next phase. The Assault Truck will be my ride and a lack of pity for those in my way now. I'm gonna remove all opposition on my way and get the party started.
      The drive is the usual now, stop strafe positions, finish off any strays and then move to the next spot. If there are wounded they are lucky and ignored as my focus is on getting to the prison . The trucks I encounter are callously eliminated when met. There are no humans in them just curs needing to be put down. In what seems a very short time the prison walls are looming and my conversation about to happen.
     Jackal says that the time has come to finish this war. He wants me to go into the Heart of Darkness to retrieve a case of diamonds. Any and all opposition is to be eliminated. The diamonds are to be used as a bribe to let the folks of the area out of the country. Rueben will be there. I'm to meet Jackal at a point near the border. Oh, kill the two leaders and anyone with them. Out the back gate I go and encounter Malaria. What a start.
       It's a muddled journey thru the Heart with all the encounters seemingly like a  bad FC2 Groundhog Day movie. Shoot, frag, firebomb, shoot again. Almost  an endless cycle of cruelty to your fellow man. After numerous encounters I head for the leaders of this massacre. It's a long fight with them on a ledge with two ways in and lotsa protection. Duke does well in long distance talks.  Peter speaks noisily and often and McMac puts in his chattering opinion. Finally it's done, one up close and personal..the other just  nasty.
       Down the trail to meet Jackal at his shack. His plan is twofold, neither which has a nice end. One is one of us takes a battery up to ignite explosives to bring down a ledge and seal the pass out. The other is to take the case of diamonds to a border guard as a bribe to let all the country folks thru. There that person is to end his own life. Two jobs, two deaths. No choice. I opt for the diamond case as I want to at least look at Rueben one last time to show him I appreciated him as much as I hope he did me.  A look at the people escaping  will give me the courage to do as asked.
      There are some guards trying to keep anymore from escaping, if there are any people left. They are quickly dispatched without remorse. They signed up for money or death and their pay period has come due. On down the path till I reach the guard house. In I go. My weapons are left with me and the guard accepts payment. Out I go to see the people I have done so much killing for. A distant BOOM is heard and we watch as the ledge falls blocking the remaining mercs in their own small empty hell.  Kill away boys. No reprieve now.
Peace Rueben and to your people. 
My final words in my journal are now recorded.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Gloomy story Gord!  Just out of curiosity, how did you handle the Landing Zone?

Art Blade

my thoughts exactly. Please tell us :) And the story, kind of sad how you put it. I'm going to feel bad driving around in Pala now. Not for long, though  ;) ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Great finish, Gord, I had been thinking of writing something about the end game section, but never got around to it.

As it is, it may take me another year to finish my second play thru.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

that's some style there, D_B  ;D One year... you're sure taking your time :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

PZ because I originally was going to omit the last stretch (Prison to end) I didn't take notes as such. I was relying on the old memory and as I've been on two weeks of vacation with the missus I forgot that part. I know I did go in that area as I hate to see any FC2 enemy merc still walking upright..in case you haven't noticed.  lol.
I think it was just snipe and give them one-way tickets to their  FC2 hell. Sorry, I guess I shoulda done a blow by blow.

PZ

lol, I know what you mean Gord, I sometimes forget to post interesting adventures even right after they happen!  ;D

Art Blade

what are you talking about again?

<snicker> :))

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on September 02, 2009, 01:07:35 PM
that's some style there, D_B  ;D One year... you're sure taking your time :)

Yeah, I play 15-20 minutes at a time now, with maybe 2-3 weeks in between. I'll load the last save game and wonder what the heck I was doing and spend the first 5 minutes getting my bearings on things. Even trying to remember the keyboard layout... had to think a while to remember how to change map views a while ago. Not to mention switching to molotovs from grenades...

Once summer is over, though, that might change. Of course, I'll have the new Wolfenstein by then too, so FC2 may take a back burner.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I know that feeling. When I was new to ArmA2, I focussed on that game. After maybe two weeks I didn't know what the heck I was on about when I saved my last FC2, had to go back a few saves to remember and recognise some pattern to it... indeed the same goes for keyboard layout, I had to check the setup to find some stuff :) That means, don't leave poor FC2 alone for too long  ;D

PZ

Same here - quite a few games now, and I still return to FC2  :-X

iGame3D

You can finish Wolfenstein twice in about two days, its pretty short.
Then again I don't know how much of it I missed when it would crash on trying to exit an area from any possible exit point, as far as I can tell I missed about 10%.

Wolfenstein is so not FC2, its very very "go down this path, do the task, go back the way you came, done".
There are alternate paths in a sense, to find some Tomes, or reach certain missions, but in the end its still fairly old school. Fun as hell, I'll admit.

On topic to Gort's story....man I just about shed a tear there.
After my first play through of FC2 I thought "I wonder if there are any books about this story", maybe you should be the one to write it.

A rough draft, a little touch up, a good editor, and a glorious book could be there.

JRD

Quote from: iGame3D on September 05, 2009, 03:09:56 PM
A rough draft, a little touch up, a good editor, and a glorious book could be there.

Give us 10% of Ubisoft's budget and crew and we'll give you a blockbuster Far Cry 3!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Mechsican

i sure hope this doesn't mean gord is finished with his mission debriefings. I believe you'll have to start the game again and take the french guy and type all of your events with a pompous french accent.

great read as always.

retiredgord

Well Mechsican I did finish the whole thing. I took a break and played Mercenaries (original) on the old Xbox, finished that, followed up by an immersion in husbandly clean  nd repair duties about this safehouse and now just started CoD:WaW.
     It's an ok game for linear but I've really beaned spoiled by some others.
   I may just try as you suggested. Picture this, on a ridge with rounds being sent my way and i say"Where are you, you leetle peeg?  Lift zee hade and I shoot out zee eyes. N'est pas?"  "Oui, jus leek dat. Bang, vous etes morte."  Or something like that.  lol

Art Blade

Mechsican

I love it... I think it must be done. ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳